Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Wells Fargo 40k/$3k-3mo Propel World & 20k/$3k-3mo Propel 365 Amex

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 21, 2014, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Superorb
These are Amex-network cards, issued and administered by Wells Fargo. American Express acts as the transaction processing network, in the same way that VISA process transactions for other Wells Fargo cards. Amex-network cards do not count against your four credit card limit with American Express, nor will you deal with American Express customer service.

There have been several data points that people on work visas don't qualify, only US citizens and permanent residents do. However some people with visas have also received this card.

If you have some relationship with wells fargo, less verification info is asked so keeping a checking with WF can be a good way to improve your chances.

Wells fargo also restricts CC signup bonuses to 1 per person lifetime. Some people have also reported one per address so YMMV.

You can have both types of Propel cards open simultaneously.

It easily takes 90-120 days after meeting the spend for the bonus to post.

Airline Fee Credit

Once per anniversary year.

It appears that one can wait until after the annual fee is charged, the get a second reimbursement of an airline expenditure, and then cancel to get the annual fee refunded.

Examples of airline related charges that have been reimbursed:

1. Gift cards of most airlines
2. BA award ticket taxes
3. AA award ticket taxes (booked via phone)
4. LH award redeposit fee (charged via phone)
5. Amazon GC through UA shopping app.

Examples of airline related charges that have NOT been reimbursed:

1. AS award date change fee ($125, charged online)
Print Wikipost

Wells Fargo 40k/$3k-3mo Propel World & 20k/$3k-3mo Propel 365 Amex

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2014, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by Soccerdad1995
By DTI you mean Debt to Income, correct?

If so, how can you have DTI issues if you carry no credit card balances? Are you talking about other forms of debt or are you saying that you pay your balance in full, but do allow for a balance to build up on your cards?
DTI would include all forms of debt, including mortgages/personal loans/auto loans/etc.
Old May 12, 2014, 8:08 pm

Programs: DL DM. Marriott Plat. Hyatt DM.
Originally Posted by Doctor of Credit
I was pending, called to see the hold up they said they had a flood of applications and usually didn't auto approve. She said I could wait a day or two or I could send in pay stubs and she'd approve me once they arrived. I fax in two pay stubs called back and she approved me.

My FICOs are ~800 across the board, didn't check to see who they pulled in Cali but looks to be EQ/EX.

In talks with WF over this at the moment, they officially said it's expired but are looking to extend.

Avg credit limit seems to be in the $8,250 range, minimum limit of $5,000 from what I've seen. This is based on 20+ data points from various different forums.

Lots of people on SD/FWF have. No need for a banking relationship, I imagine if you have one you're more likely to be instantly approved because they can verify your income.
Data point:

My wife and I both applied and within 24 hours the cards were visible on the WF website. We do have banking relationship. Excellent credit scores. I just applied and received two Citi AA cards for 100K each, Chase Marriott and Chase Sapphire-within the past 75 days.
Old May 12, 2014, 8:12 pm

I was thinking about buying 6x $500 Wells Fargo gift cards to do the minimum spend in a couple of clicks without leaving the house; or do you think that's pushing the limit?

https://www.wellsfargo.com/help/faqs...card-purchase/
Old May 12, 2014, 9:26 pm

Wife & I each have a good 12-15 new cards over the last 18 months. 750s for scores according to the mailing after application. Both were approved. No prior relationship of any sort.
Old May 13, 2014, 4:23 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador/LTT AA PLT
I heard Wells Fargo did not accept non-citizen/permanent resident apply for credit card. Does anybody know if this wrote in T/C? (I haven't found the word)

I'm a resident alien, 6yr relationship with Wells Fargo. I have PMA checking+saving accounts, Wells Fargo Advisors brokerage account, and a regular reward credit card that been upgraded from a college student card.

FICO 765, 3 HP in 6 months, 5 in 1yr.

Really want take advantage of this relationship
Old May 13, 2014, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by impinth06
I heard Wells Fargo did not accept non-citizen/permanent resident apply for credit card. Does anybody know if this wrote in T/C? (I haven't found the word)

I'm a resident alien, 6yr relationship with Wells Fargo. I have PMA checking+saving accounts, Wells Fargo Advisors brokerage account, and a regular reward credit card that been upgraded from a college student card.

FICO 765, 3 HP in 6 months, 5 in 1yr.

Really want take advantage of this relationship
From my knowledge, resident alien = permanent resident = green card holder. And these people should be good to go, just like US citizens.
Old May 13, 2014, 9:36 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador/LTT AA PLT
Originally Posted by michael_v
From my knowledge, resident alien = permanent resident = green card holder. And these people should be good to go, just like US citizens.
Definition of 'Resident Alien'

A foreigner who is a permanent resident of the country in which he or she resides but does not have citizenship. To fall under this classification in the U.S., you need to either currently have a green card or have had one in the last calendar year. You also fall under the U.S. classification of resident alien if you have been in the U.S. for more than 31 days during the current year along with having been in the U.S. for at least 183 days over a three-year period that includes the current year

Great, I'm fall in the second rule. I'll shot for it^
Old May 13, 2014, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by maverick915
I was thinking about buying 6x $500 Wells Fargo gift cards to do the minimum spend in a couple of clicks without leaving the house; or do you think that's pushing the limit?

https://www.wellsfargo.com/help/faqs...card-purchase/
I'd do a small test to make sure it doesn't post as CA.
Old May 13, 2014, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by hamhead
I'd do a small test to make sure it doesn't post as CA.
Their FAQ answers that question:

Online we accept Wells Fargo Debit Cards and Wells Fargo Credit Cards. No cash advance fee applies.
Note that in-store (in-branch?) will cause a cash advance fee:

Wells Fargo Credit Cards. (Note: An in-store credit card purchase will be treated as a cash advance and a fee may apply.)
EDIT: Also has a note that effects the other question of 6x$500 gift cards:

You can purchase up to five Visa gift cards per online session. Note that there is a $1,500 daily limit per funding source (for example, from a Wells Fargo account) and a $2,500 monthly limit per funding source.

To purchase more than five gift cards, you can:

Purchase the cards in multiple online order sessions (as long as you do not exceed the dollar limits noted above).
Use the bulk order process using a Wells Fargo checking or savings account. (Funding source limits noted above do not apply to bulk gift card orders.)
Old May 13, 2014, 12:46 pm

Even though I was born in the US, have lived here all of my 32 years in existence, have multiple CC's and accounts clearly on my credit report.. To WF I am a non-resident alien.
Old May 13, 2014, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by daw4888
Even though I was born in the US, have lived here all of my 32 years in existence, have multiple CC's and accounts clearly on my credit report.. To WF I am a non-resident alien.
So you gave up your birthright citizenship to remain a citizen of a nation that doesn't recognize dual citizenship, like China? Just curious. That is the only scenario I can think of.
Old May 13, 2014, 6:03 pm

Got the propel amex card with EMV and in a seperate mailing got a PIN. I thought this card was just chip and sign, but it can actually be used as a chip and pin. On the mailing it even says use the pin at unattended kiosks outside USA.

After all my chip and sign cards, this is my first chip and pin card!
Old May 13, 2014, 6:23 pm

Odd. I tried ordering a $100 AA gift card and my card will not go through. No pending transactions on wellsfargo online. Nor does it say my card was declined, it just said they are unable to process my card and I have to call my bank.

Meanwhile, I just activated the card, it shows available credit, etc. I wonder if AA is trying to process it as a CA or something?
Old May 13, 2014, 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by ymarker
Got the propel amex card with EMV and in a seperate mailing got a PIN. I thought this card was just chip and sign, but it can actually be used as a chip and pin. On the mailing it even says use the pin at unattended kiosks outside USA.

After all my chip and sign cards, this is my first chip and pin card!
Thanks for confirming. One of the blogs mentioned it, but it wasn't confirmed. Looks like this is the card for Europe trips!
Old May 13, 2014, 9:02 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by waingro
Thanks for confirming. One of the blogs mentioned it, but it wasn't confirmed. Looks like this is the card for Europe trips!
If only it were a MC or Visa with chip + pin!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.