Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Wells Fargo 40k/$3k-3mo Propel World & 20k/$3k-3mo Propel 365 Amex

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 21, 2014, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Superorb
These are Amex-network cards, issued and administered by Wells Fargo. American Express acts as the transaction processing network, in the same way that VISA process transactions for other Wells Fargo cards. Amex-network cards do not count against your four credit card limit with American Express, nor will you deal with American Express customer service.

There have been several data points that people on work visas don't qualify, only US citizens and permanent residents do. However some people with visas have also received this card.

If you have some relationship with wells fargo, less verification info is asked so keeping a checking with WF can be a good way to improve your chances.

Wells fargo also restricts CC signup bonuses to 1 per person lifetime. Some people have also reported one per address so YMMV.

You can have both types of Propel cards open simultaneously.

It easily takes 90-120 days after meeting the spend for the bonus to post.

Airline Fee Credit

Once per anniversary year.

It appears that one can wait until after the annual fee is charged, the get a second reimbursement of an airline expenditure, and then cancel to get the annual fee refunded.

Examples of airline related charges that have been reimbursed:

1. Gift cards of most airlines
2. BA award ticket taxes
3. AA award ticket taxes (booked via phone)
4. LH award redeposit fee (charged via phone)
5. Amazon GC through UA shopping app.

Examples of airline related charges that have NOT been reimbursed:

1. AS award date change fee ($125, charged online)
Print Wikipost

Wells Fargo 40k/$3k-3mo Propel World & 20k/$3k-3mo Propel 365 Amex

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2016, 6:07 pm

Is it normal for WF to renew your card expiry date with every replacement? My expiry date has changed twice based on simply requesting a new card or adding an AU. Example 04/20, add an AU in May and new cards say 05/20. Get a replacement in Sept, now it shows 09/20.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 5:17 am

Originally Posted by gapprasath
My account opening date is 7/30/2015 (you can check this online). I purchased $100 toys r us on MPX United app on 7/30/2016. transaction posted and air line credit reimbursed on 8/1/2016. Annual fee posted on 8/1/2016. Called Wells fargo and canceled the card on 8/2. Annual fee refunded without any hassles...

Did not opt for no fee version as that will be a new account on the credit profile and not 'product transfer' account.

I hope this helps someone as it did for me..

Best card in the market in my mind.

40,000 points
0% Apr for a year
2 x $100 airline credit..

I loved this for a year and will churn it in near future !
My anniversary date was 9/20. Purchased an MPX Amazon card on 9/20. Statement hasn't closed and won't for serveral more days and no annual fee or $100 credit yet. Do you remember if the airline credit posts immediately or only on the statement closing date?
Old Sep 29, 2016, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by hdatontodo
I'm really steamed about Wells Fargo Propel Amex 40K bonus. I earned the bonus in June and was told I would get it September 8th, which is what the website stated. I checked on that date, and they pushed back my reward to October 9th. I called and they said "since there was no charging activity during that period, they had no monthly-use points to add the bonus to." What a crock. Not only will this card get closed after all this, I'm going to close my other Wells Fargo bank accounts also. The calltaker just kept talking about how I could earn bonus point through their shopping portal and how I just had to buy a pack of gum this month so I can get my points next month. "This is done so people don't earn the bonus and stop using the card." I told her I was using my Disney card over the summer vacation period.
I just finished the spend and the statement closed yesterday with some charges on it. I got the points for the regular spend today but not the 40k. Do I need to wait until the next statement to get those? So I need to charge something again or does it usually take a few days after the statement to close?
Old Sep 29, 2016, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by Macosty
I just finished the spend and the statement closed yesterday with some charges on it. I got the points for the regular spend today but not the 40k. Do I need to wait until the next statement to get those? So I need to charge something again or does it usually take a few days after the statement to close?
Not sure why this keeps being asked because it's well documented in the thread. It easily takes 90-120 days after meeting the spend for the bonus to post.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by The_Wrath_of_Khan
Not sure why this keeps being asked because it's well documented in the thread. It easily takes 90-120 days after meeting the spend for the bonus to post.
Added to the wiki.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by Macosty
I was in the same situation, statement posted no bonus, charge a big gulp and they showed up in the rewards section that day. Don't know if the charge was the trigger or just a coincidence.

Last edited by givingitatry; Sep 29, 2016 at 9:34 pm
Old Sep 30, 2016, 1:15 pm

I can't get the 40k offer to show. Am I missing something?
Old Oct 3, 2016, 1:15 am

My anniversary date was 9/20. Purchased an MPX Amazon card on 9/20. Statement hasn't closed and won't for serveral more days and no annual fee or $100 credit yet. Do you remember if the airline credit posts immediately or only on the statement closing date?
Anyone?
Old Oct 4, 2016, 7:25 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Anyone?
My experience is credit is almost immediately, it posts 1-2 days later.
Old Oct 5, 2016, 4:05 am

Originally Posted by ORD-TGU
My experience is credit is almost immediately, it posts 1-2 days later.
My current working guess is that because my transaction posted with a transaction date of 9/20 instead of 9/21 as happened in the example above it didn't trigger the credit. Tried again for a $25 card.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 4:59 am

My current working guess is that because my transaction posted with a transaction date of 9/20 instead of 9/21 as happened in the example above it didn't trigger the credit. Tried again for a $25 card.
So that was the issue. The $25 was refunded immediately. Should have waited one more day.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 4:39 pm

What a hassle this card is. 5 months and no bonus. CS just refers you to Rewards CS who are inept. They said there was no such thing as a 40K offer. She thought she put me on hold but I could hear the rep say: "should I just give him the spiel?
Old Oct 10, 2016, 4:19 pm

Of note partial points balances less than 2,500 are redeemable for gift cards, unfortunately I did not see digital options, but I ordered a physical Amazon card which let me use the few remaining points I had at $0.01 pp for a nice discount on a $25 Amazon gift card.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by rundrc
Data point:

My wife and I both approved for Propel June 2014.
Both cancelled May 2015.

Both applied yesterday and were instantly approved.
I feel confident we will get the bonus again, but will report if I don't.
Just to update anyone that is interested. I did finally receive the bonuses for both me and my wife. It took the full 90 days even though I met the spend within 30 days. But, we did get it.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 9:23 am

Since the card offers 0% Apr for first year will I get the bonus if I leave balance on the account or will I need to pay off the first 3K to get the bonus?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.