Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Wells Fargo 40k/$3k-3mo Propel World & 20k/$3k-3mo Propel 365 Amex

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 21, 2014, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Superorb
These are Amex-network cards, issued and administered by Wells Fargo. American Express acts as the transaction processing network, in the same way that VISA process transactions for other Wells Fargo cards. Amex-network cards do not count against your four credit card limit with American Express, nor will you deal with American Express customer service.

There have been several data points that people on work visas don't qualify, only US citizens and permanent residents do. However some people with visas have also received this card.

If you have some relationship with wells fargo, less verification info is asked so keeping a checking with WF can be a good way to improve your chances.

Wells fargo also restricts CC signup bonuses to 1 per person lifetime. Some people have also reported one per address so YMMV.

You can have both types of Propel cards open simultaneously.

It easily takes 90-120 days after meeting the spend for the bonus to post.

Airline Fee Credit

Once per anniversary year.

It appears that one can wait until after the annual fee is charged, the get a second reimbursement of an airline expenditure, and then cancel to get the annual fee refunded.

Examples of airline related charges that have been reimbursed:

1. Gift cards of most airlines
2. BA award ticket taxes
3. AA award ticket taxes (booked via phone)
4. LH award redeposit fee (charged via phone)
5. Amazon GC through UA shopping app.

Examples of airline related charges that have NOT been reimbursed:

1. AS award date change fee ($125, charged online)
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2014, 10:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: All of em...

Surprised this hasn't posted yet on the blogs or here... Hat tip to Saverocity for posting yesterday....

http://travelandcredit.com/american-...gn-up-bonuses/

Wells Fargo has launched their 2 new cards with American Express. A few people have reported on MyFico forums some difficulty in getting approved without a banking relationship, but YMMV. There is a checking account sign-up bonus out there if you can be patient and want to have a banking relationship first.

Propel World looks to be going after the Amex Gold audience w/the 3x airlines & $100 airline credit.

Propel World
40k points after $3k spend in 3 mo. $0 Ann fee 1st year, $175 after.
https://www.wellsfargo.com/credit-cards/propelworld/
  • No foreign currency conversion fees
  • Up to $100 per year in reimbursements toward incidental airline charges
  • Complimentary room upgrades and more from the Luxury Hotel Program
  • 3X points on Airlines, 2X points on Hotels, 1X point on all other net purchases (purchases minus returns/credits)

Propel 365
20k points after $3k spend in 3 mo. $0 Ann fee 1st year, $45 after.
https://www.wellsfargo.com/credit-cards/propel365/
  • 3X points at U.S. Gas Stations, 2X points at U.S. Restaurants, and 1X point on all other net purchases (purchases minus returns/credits).
  • You will earn an annual bonus of 10%, 25% or 50% more on non-bonus rewards points if you maintain a qualifying consumer Wells Fargo Checking or Savings Account, or PMA® Package.
  • Your points do not expire, and there is no cap on how much you can earn.

REWARDS:

From looking at the rewards site, points can be cashed out at 1cpp for gift cards or cash as long as you redeem at least $25. Smaller increments for lower value.

Scott from Hack My Trip has a post knocking the program awhile ago b/c points expire in 5 years regardless of usage, but that his dad could redeem for travel at 1.75cpp w/minimum redemption of 25,000 points. http://hackmytrip.com/2013/01/decept...ewards-points/

If that's still true, 43,000 sign-up bonus points are worth $752.50 in travel. I couldn't search the rewards site for travel options without an account though :/ Anybody know?

Last edited by x712xdamx; May 1, 2014 at 10:24 am
Old May 1, 2014, 10:41 am

I just looked up a flight that I've been watching. It is currently at $221. Wells Fargo has it for 14,734 points + $24 processing fee.

$221/14,734= 1.5 cpp
($221-24)/14,734= 1.33 cpp.

I don't know if you get the same rate for all airfare.
Old May 1, 2014, 10:50 am

You also get a minimum bonus on points of 10% for checking/savings
Old May 1, 2014, 10:50 am
Formerly known as FTRox87

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
so these are 40k WF points right? cant be transferred elsewwhere like MR points?

hmm, making me think if this is worth it or not. the WF annual bonus seems juicy for us banking customers!
Old May 1, 2014, 10:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ibleed0range
I just looked up a flight that I've been watching. It is currently at $221. Wells Fargo has it for 14,734 points + $24 processing fee.

$221/14,734= 1.5 cpp
($221-24)/14,734= 1.33 cpp.

I don't know if you get the same rate for all airfare.
Hmm, very interesting, thanks for the tip! Seemed like from Scott's post last year that he had to redeem min 25k points, but maybe that's not the case anymore. Decent value for a new card product!
Old May 1, 2014, 11:04 am

I tested another flight, priced out at 1.5 cpp but the cost was $4.50 higher than pricline. Looks like it tops out at 1.5 cpp X 43000= $645-24(per ticket)= $621 for a single ticket.
Old May 1, 2014, 11:09 am

The $100 checking account bonus shows valid through 4/18/2014, does anyone have any more info on that?

https://www.wellsfargo.com/jump/chec...ng-package-100
Old May 1, 2014, 11:27 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
I tested another flight, priced out at 1.5 cpp but the cost was $4.50 higher than pricline.
Oddly, the terms state that the points are worth $0.01 each when redeemed for airfare:

15. For airline ticket redemptions, the number of Points required to be redeemed is equivalent to the ticket costs divided by .01, rounded up to the nearest whole Point.
Old May 1, 2014, 12:13 pm
Original Poster

I tested another flight, priced out at 1.5 cpp but the cost was $4.50 higher than pricline. Looks like it tops out at 1.5 cpp X 43000= $645-24(per ticket)= $621 for a single ticket.
Originally Posted by mia
Oddly, the terms state that the points are worth $0.01 each when redeemed for airfare:
Sounds like we got a weird one on our hands. $400 in value is fine for a card w/annual fee waived 1st year and $100 airline credit. $621 is even better! Interesting product.
Old May 1, 2014, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by michael_v
The $100 checking account bonus shows valid through 4/18/2014, does anyone have any more info on that?

https://www.wellsfargo.com/jump/chec...ng-package-100
I covered it in detail here (note I own the linked to blog). Basically the requirements are pretty easy to meet, completing the 10 debit card transactions is the easiest method unless you want to set up a direct deposit. I just purchase 10 GCs from Amazon and it triggered the bonus.

Make sure you keep a balance of $1,500 or have a direct deposit of $500 or more to keep the most basic account open. No early account termination fee.

You can also fund the initial opening deposit with a credit card (up to $500).

I'm definitely signing up for this CC, an easy $500. Not going to bother with the whole travel thing due to having way to many points already.

Thanks PFdigest for originally posting this, will be interesting to see which bloggers do and don't cover this.
Old May 2, 2014, 2:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Doctor of Credit
I covered it in detail here (note I own the linked to blog). Basically the requirements are pretty easy to meet, completing the 10 debit card transactions is the easiest method unless you want to set up a direct deposit. I just purchase 10 GCs from Amazon and it triggered the bonus.
Agreed, great new offer.

Question on the WF checking bonus though... says it expired 2 weeks ago. Haven't seen any data points saying it's still valid even though the link is still up. Thoughts?
Old May 2, 2014, 4:29 am
Formerly known as FTRox87

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
also another Q on the WF Checking bonus -- can it be applied to existing customers? for ex I know Chase does this cause they have the 1 bonus per year policy. so would a WF Banker be able to apply this to our current checking account as well?

thanks!
Old May 2, 2014, 9:44 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, UA 1P
Pretty solid offer, will definitely look into it.
Old May 2, 2014, 4:41 pm
fMD

Can you do a 2BM with Wells Fargo and get it counted as one pull? Also, how are they with multiples of the same card?

Thanks!
Old May 2, 2014, 8:49 pm

does WF pull three bureaus?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.