Old May 27, 2015, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
Current offer:
30,000 miles after $3,000 spend in 90 days (personal & biz):
http://www.skypassvisa.com/credit/vi...ard.do?lang=en
__________________________________________________ ______

Referral Program/Bonus
Yes, there actually is a referral program, but it's a bit tedious to go through the hoops, but here goes:
1) You will need *your* Skypass Account # (you are the referer), and you will have to furnish this to the person applying for the card.
2) The person who is applying will also need to know THEIR Skypass account #. Obviously they need to obtain this in advance.
3) OK, now the applicant needs to use this Referral link: https://www.skypassvisa.com/credit/referAFriend.do
4) Under the "not a cardmember yet" section, the first item has a link to FIND the Skypass VISA that's best for you. You MUST USE THIS LINK.
5) Select the card that you are applying for (Check the box that says: Compare this card) and then click Compare cards. Even if it's just one card.
6) Then scroll down all the way to the bottom and see the "Apply Now" link. Click it.
7) The first two boxes should ask for YOUR Skypass # and the REFERER's Skypass #. If you don't see a box for the REFERER's Skypass #, do NOT CONTINUE.

Anyway, if all shows up OK, and you're approved, you'll get your bonus, and the REFERER will get another 5,000 bonus points. In my experience, the statement closing date that the person (applicant) gets their bonus miles should be when you'll see the 5,000 miles on *your* closing statement.

May not be much, but given that Chase UR is no longer a transfer partner, an extra 5k miles is worth something, IMO.

Korean Air awards chart
https://www.koreanair.com/global/en/...ard-chart.html

New Account Number Issue: It's possible that, despite providing your current Skypass number in the application, a new Skypass number may end up being generated and linked to your new US Bank card. US Bank may or may not be able (or willing) to correct this. If not, contact Skypass at [email protected] with detailed information about the situation. They should be able to merge your old Skypass balance and information - including login, flight history, family pooling info, personal details, etc. - into the new Visa-card-linked Skypass account (just make sure the names precisely match including full middle name if used). This way you keep all of your mileage balance and other details but new card earnings aren't sitting in an orphan account number. Skypass folks are pretty quick in fixing it.
Print Wikipost

US Bank Korean Air Skypass VISA cards.

Old Jun 22, 2015, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by frudd38
Everyone with the offers via "mail" do you guys mean e-mail or snail mail?
Snail. Paper. There's a confirmation code on the advertisement that allows you to apply online or by phone, but it's tied to your name and address.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 9:59 pm

Programs: AAdvantage 2MM+ Lifetime PLT; BA, CO, UA, US; SPG; HHonors Gold
Snail mail address for Skypass Visa US Bank Application

Can some one please provide the mailing address where snail mail applications need to be sent? I seem to have misplaced the envelope that was enclosed and I do NOT want to apply online or by phone.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 5:26 pm

Got the 40K / $3k offer. Applied July 1st. Instant approval. Now looking to see how to get the Business offer... any suggestions with U.S. Bank? I would love to grab another 45K KE miles.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 11:50 pm

How long does it take for miles to post to the Skypass account? My first month's statement closed about ten days ago, but I'm still waiting for that month's spend to post.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by grandmaster b
How long does it take for miles to post to the Skypass account? My first month's statement closed about ten days ago, but I'm still waiting for that month's spend to post.
It took until the end of the statement after I met the minimum requirements. If you're unsure about whether you've met the requirements, you can call them up (as I did). They told me that the bonus points would be pending until the end of the statement after the statement in which I met the minimum spend, but they could see that those points were actually pending.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 4:47 am

Originally Posted by Phantom707
It took until the end of the statement after I met the minimum requirements. If you're unsure about whether you've met the requirements, you can call them up (as I did). They told me that the bonus points would be pending until the end of the statement after the statement in which I met the minimum spend, but they could see that those points were actually pending.
Thanks for the answer. What about miles from your general spend and not the bonus? I didn't complete the minimum in the first month, but I did put around $1100 on the card. However, the miles still have yet to post.

Did nothing at all post to your Skypass account until you met the minimum?
Old Apr 3, 2016, 6:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
I got the 40k offer in the mail ("pre-qualified" for it), I applied, did not get instant approval. Then I call in and got approved. I received I the mail the classic, worthless card instead of the signature one. First time it ever happened to me. Beware.

At this point I will cancel the card and I will wait a year for the next offer before reapplying.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 8:19 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by oneworld82
I got the 40k offer in the mail ("pre-qualified" for it), I applied, did not get instant approval. Then I call in and got approved. I received I the mail the classic, worthless card instead of the signature one. First time it ever happened to me. Beware.

At this point I will cancel the card and I will wait a year for the next offer before reapplying.
So I assume you didnot get the 40k as promise, such a shame on US Bank for bait and switch
Old Jul 4, 2016, 4:52 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
How to get targeted offer?

Hi everyone, just curious how to increase probability of getting a targeted offer, snail mail offer from US Bank. I have a KA account and have got the Skypass card from US Bank but cancelled more than a year ago. Wonder if there's any chance of getting a targeted offer to reapply? Thanks very much for any tip and help.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by NttDocomo
Wonder if there's any chance of getting a targeted offer to reapply?
You could try calling in, although that rarely works; but always worth a try.

Note: The wiki has been updated. Most current offer for a personal card is for just 15,000 miles (after first purchase).
Old Jul 9, 2016, 12:14 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by muji
You could try calling in, although that rarely works; but always worth a try.

Note: The wiki has been updated. Most current offer for a personal card is for just 15,000 miles (after first purchase).
Thanks Muji, and for US Bank cards, will they approve a 2nd KA card if I already have one KA card? (the same Personal card)

Thanks again!
Old Jul 9, 2016, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by NttDocomo
will they approve a 2nd KA card if I already have one KA card? (the same Personal card)
Sorry, I'm not sure. The issuer is US Bank; I don't think they would allow this.
Maybe if someone has successfully done this they could let us know.
Old Nov 12, 2016, 12:28 pm

Current offer is now 25k with only $1,000 spend.

http://www.skypassvisa.com/credit/of...=nov16&lang=en
Old Nov 12, 2016, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by hurnik
Current offer is now 25k with only $1,000 spend.

http://www.skypassvisa.com/credit/of...=nov16&lang=en
The 15k (no minimum spend) offer was active just yesterday, so looks like they just made the change.

I'll update the wiki.
Thanks.
Old Nov 12, 2016, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Title line updated...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.