Old May 27, 2015, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
Current offer:
30,000 miles after $3,000 spend in 90 days (personal & biz):
http://www.skypassvisa.com/credit/vi...ard.do?lang=en
__________________________________________________ ______

Referral Program/Bonus
Yes, there actually is a referral program, but it's a bit tedious to go through the hoops, but here goes:
1) You will need *your* Skypass Account # (you are the referer), and you will have to furnish this to the person applying for the card.
2) The person who is applying will also need to know THEIR Skypass account #. Obviously they need to obtain this in advance.
3) OK, now the applicant needs to use this Referral link: https://www.skypassvisa.com/credit/referAFriend.do
4) Under the "not a cardmember yet" section, the first item has a link to FIND the Skypass VISA that's best for you. You MUST USE THIS LINK.
5) Select the card that you are applying for (Check the box that says: Compare this card) and then click Compare cards. Even if it's just one card.
6) Then scroll down all the way to the bottom and see the "Apply Now" link. Click it.
7) The first two boxes should ask for YOUR Skypass # and the REFERER's Skypass #. If you don't see a box for the REFERER's Skypass #, do NOT CONTINUE.

Anyway, if all shows up OK, and you're approved, you'll get your bonus, and the REFERER will get another 5,000 bonus points. In my experience, the statement closing date that the person (applicant) gets their bonus miles should be when you'll see the 5,000 miles on *your* closing statement.

May not be much, but given that Chase UR is no longer a transfer partner, an extra 5k miles is worth something, IMO.

Korean Air awards chart
https://www.koreanair.com/global/en/...ard-chart.html

New Account Number Issue: It's possible that, despite providing your current Skypass number in the application, a new Skypass number may end up being generated and linked to your new US Bank card. US Bank may or may not be able (or willing) to correct this. If not, contact Skypass at [email protected] with detailed information about the situation. They should be able to merge your old Skypass balance and information - including login, flight history, family pooling info, personal details, etc. - into the new Visa-card-linked Skypass account (just make sure the names precisely match including full middle name if used). This way you keep all of your mileage balance and other details but new card earnings aren't sitting in an orphan account number. Skypass folks are pretty quick in fixing it.
Print Wikipost

US Bank Korean Air Skypass VISA cards.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2018, 12:30 pm

I got the 45K offer last year, thinking of cancel soon, anyone have been able to churn this card?
Old Jan 10, 2018, 6:20 am

I got the targeted 40,000 offer, I have flown Korean Air a bunch of times before, first time getting the card. I was able to share points with my family, so I was able to redeem it for an award roundtrip for 70,000 points SFO-ICN for my wife.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by ecgz88
I got the 45K offer last year, thinking of cancel soon, anyone have been able to churn this card?
I'd be interested in the answer to this question as well.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by Thunderroad
I'd be interested in the answer to this question as well.
Yes
Old Jun 10, 2018, 5:18 pm

Data points on applying for SKYPASS Visa Signature with someone else's invitation cod

Are there any data points on applying for US Bank SKYPASS Visa Signature (Business & Personal) with someone else's invitation numbers?
My wife received the targeted mail and I applied after I tweaked the name\last name fields (which were hard-coded), both apps went to 7-10 days messages. Neither me or my wife have relationship with US Bank
Old Jun 16, 2018, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by justsawaufo
Are there any data points on applying for US Bank SKYPASS Visa Signature (Business & Personal) with someone else's invitation numbers?
My wife received the targeted mail and I applied after I tweaked the name\last name fields (which were hard-coded), both apps went to 7-10 days messages. Neither me or my wife have relationship with US Bank
Applied for both biz and personal cards for total of 95K miles after 5.5K spending with someone else's invitation and got approved. let's hope they will honor the bonus.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by justsawaufo
Applied for both biz and personal cards for total of 95K miles after 5.5K spending with someone else's invitation and got approved. let's hope they will honor the bonus.
Hope so too. Let us know.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by philemer
Hope so too. Let us know.
I called in to ask about the bonus miles - asked them to verify - the did verify the right amount, so that's a good sign.
Hopefully I will get this card by Saturday morning as it was already mailed out today and I have a few hotel charges I can use it on already.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 8:29 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
DoC posted yesterday:
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/u-s-b...onal-business/

Offer now at 30K after $3,000 spend in 90 days (biz and personal). Link also added to Wiki.
http://www.skypassvisa.com/credit/of...=34257&lang=en
hurnik likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 1:05 pm

Skypass

Can anyone tell me if there is a thread that breaks down the US Bank business card application process and rules? I have searched a few times and can’t seem to find any. You might be guessing that I am looking to grab a SKYPASS Visa, correctly, but I need to educate myself in that area.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by EZTraveler
Can anyone tell me if there is a thread that breaks down the US Bank business card application process and rules? I have searched a few times and can’t seem to find any. You might be guessing that I am looking to grab a SKYPASS Visa, correctly, but I need to educate myself in that area.
The only thing I could find was some dated material from doctorofecredit regarding freezing the two "odd" credit bureaus. but there were some semir-recent data points that seemed if you *did* do that, then it was an instant denial until you unfroze and then had to re-apply (thus another hard inquiry).

4 years ago I applied and was approved for the "regular" skypass Visa. Closed it a year later when the AF hit again. Applied yesterday for the business version. Got the 7-10 day wait message, which appears to be normal. I think I got that the first time as well.

US Banks Business app is very odd (IMO) compared to Amex and Barclaycard.
They ask you for a lot of information more than once, but it's in two diff. sections.
We'll see what happens.

Was approved for Amex Business SPG and Barclay AAdvantage Business recently.
Trans Union has one inquiry (prior to US Bank) in the past 12 months
Equifax has zero
Experian has one in the past 12 months (11 months ago)

Utilization is 2% right now.
FICO (depending on which credit bureau) is 815-837

But we know US Bank is "odd" apparently about what they care about.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 11:06 pm

Hurnik, you speak in my language! I had a happy 2018 and I am 1 out from 5/24 jail so I am looking at business cards right now. I have legit business income on top of wages... its passive but very legit. I was just wondering if my 4 new cards since march would make me poison with US bank... fico is strong at 820 with all those hard inquiries. Not tooting my horn or anything... there just is not much data about US bank business card process. Also, I was going to have the wife apply first... she is a little lower on fico but still pretty strong. If anyone knows better, would it be better to apply for the citi aa business first? Again, not much in data points on this so I welcome anyone's experience. Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by EZTraveler
Hurnik, you speak in my language! I had a happy 2018 and I am 1 out from 5/24 jail so I am looking at business cards right now. I have legit business income on top of wages... its passive but very legit. I was just wondering if my 4 new cards since march would make me poison with US bank... fico is strong at 820 with all those hard inquiries. Not tooting my horn or anything... there just is not much data about US bank business card process. Also, I was going to have the wife apply first... she is a little lower on fico but still pretty strong. If anyone knows better, would it be better to apply for the citi aa business first? Again, not much in data points on this so I welcome anyone's experience. Thanks in advance.
Just a slight update:
App is still in pending (only 3 business days so far I think).
I did request a copy of my Sagestream credit score a week ago, along with my Sagestream credit report. I faxed it in.
Well they didn't process it until 9/12/18, coincidentally AFTER US Bank pulled it.

It seems that Sagestream only cares about:
Addresses/Previous Addresses
Phone #/previous Phone #'s
DOB
SSN
Inquiries

That's ALL that the report contained.
My score is 396 out of 999 (the higher the score, the lower the credit risk)

They site:
Distance between prior residences (...? "distance" is in the same frickin' zip code and I last moved 19 YEARS AGO)
Number of inquires in the last 4 months (2 of them. One is the US Bank one and the other is apparently the Barclay card I applied for--I knew Barclay used TransUnion)
Too many inquiries last 12 months (2 of them. US Bank and Barclay)
Consumer associated with phone CHANGES (yes, my phone number changed a year ago, God Forbid)
Number of inquiries (only applicable as a factor if it is more than four factors)

IMO, this company is garbage, but there were 2 recent data points on Doctor of Credit stating that folks who had frozen their Sagestream reports got an instant denail from US Bank with *no* recon possible. They were told to unfreeze and re-apply.

So we'll see what US Bank eventually says.

Apparently Discover also uses this crap company, in case anyone cares, although never had an issue with Discover (granted last Discover credit card was 3.5 years ago).
Old Sep 18, 2018, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by hurnik
Just a slight update:
App is still in pending (only 3 business days so far I think).
I did request a copy of my Sagestream credit score a week ago, along with my Sagestream credit report. I faxed it in.
Well they didn't process it until 9/12/18, coincidentally AFTER US Bank pulled it.

It seems that Sagestream only cares about:
Addresses/Previous Addresses
Phone #/previous Phone #'s
DOB
SSN
Inquiries

That's ALL that the report contained.
My score is 396 out of 999 (the higher the score, the lower the credit risk)

They site:
Distance between prior residences (...? "distance" is in the same frickin' zip code and I last moved 19 YEARS AGO)
Number of inquires in the last 4 months (2 of them. One is the US Bank one and the other is apparently the Barclay card I applied for--I knew Barclay used TransUnion)
Too many inquiries last 12 months (2 of them. US Bank and Barclay)
Consumer associated with phone CHANGES (yes, my phone number changed a year ago, God Forbid)
Number of inquiries (only applicable as a factor if it is more than four factors)

IMO, this company is garbage, but there were 2 recent data points on Doctor of Credit stating that folks who had frozen their Sagestream reports got an instant denail from US Bank with *no* recon possible. They were told to unfreeze and re-apply.

So we'll see what US Bank eventually says.

Apparently Discover also uses this crap company, in case anyone cares, although never had an issue with Discover (granted last Discover credit card was 3.5 years ago).
Well imagine my shock and surprise when my email this morning said I was approved!

Anyway, I guess the long/short is that you cannot really do much to "improve" your Sagestream score. Apparently if you have moved in the last 20 years, you get dinged. If you have changed a phone number ever, you get dinged. More than 1 credit inquiry in 12 months, or the last 4 seem to be bad as well, and once you hit "4" things, they add another "ding".
Old Sep 28, 2018, 12:17 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM / AS MVP Gold
How do I find the $50 Korean Air voucher that is supposed to come with this card?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.