Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Bank of America Retention offers / annual fee refunds (all cards)

Bank of America Retention offers / annual fee refunds (all cards)

Old Jul 29, 20, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by clockhand View Post
BoA AS Biz card - used 6 figures in the last 12 months. No retention offered.
I was luckier...B of A Biz card, charge about 15-20k once a year...had card for 5. Had to tell her 2 or 3 really good jokes, though.
Old Jul 30, 20, 9:37 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum-2 MM Starwood Plat,Delta DM
Originally Posted by yoketone View Post
I was luckier...B of A Biz card, charge about 15-20k once a year...had card for 5. Had to tell her 2 or 3 really good jokes, though.

I called today on my BOA Alaska Air business card. This is truly incredible. I got somebody on the line who was clearly offshore. I told her I wanted to cancel and she kept telling me stories about Alaska Airlines and such and trying to say that the billing is Alaska Airlines, doing it as If BOA is not involved. She tried to keep me on the line for an extended period of time. I asked for a supervisor she put me on hold as she started to type for 5 mins. I hung up and called back. Called back and the entire call took 1 minute. The second call was definitely somebody US based. Over the years I find BOA to be a pretty strange operation. The point programs are pretty weak. I will keep my old Merrill Lynch account that I have had for ages as it is no fee.

Last edited by robertw477; Jul 30, 20 at 9:45 am
Old Aug 1, 20, 9:09 pm

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by robchow View Post
That is interesting. I never considered it but it is possible that 'my Wallet' has enough funds to cover the primary fare and all associated taxes/fees thus no need to use AS credit card. I wonder if there are data points on this: using 'my Wallet' to cover all cost and still be able to use companion fare.
Instead of the wallet fund, I got a credit certificate sent by email, anyone know if I can book companion fare tix with the credit certificate? Thank you!
Old Yesterday, 3:16 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL PM, AS 75K, Hilton Diamond, Starriott Platinum, Hyatt FreeBottleofWaterist
BoA AS Biz, 1st anniversary with minimal, sporadic spend after meeting MSR. No offers and the South Carrrolllina rep was happy to close the card.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: