Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Bank of America Retention offers / annual fee refunds (all cards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bank of America Retention offers / annual fee refunds (all cards)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2020, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by clockhand
BoA AS Biz card - used 6 figures in the last 12 months. No retention offered.
I was luckier...B of A Biz card, charge about 15-20k once a year...had card for 5. Had to tell her 2 or 3 really good jokes, though.
Old Jul 30, 2020, 9:37 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum-2 MM Starwood Plat,Delta DM
Originally Posted by yoketone
I was luckier...B of A Biz card, charge about 15-20k once a year...had card for 5. Had to tell her 2 or 3 really good jokes, though.

I called today on my BOA Alaska Air business card. This is truly incredible. I got somebody on the line who was clearly offshore. I told her I wanted to cancel and she kept telling me stories about Alaska Airlines and such and trying to say that the billing is Alaska Airlines, doing it as If BOA is not involved. She tried to keep me on the line for an extended period of time. I asked for a supervisor she put me on hold as she started to type for 5 mins. I hung up and called back. Called back and the entire call took 1 minute. The second call was definitely somebody US based. Over the years I find BOA to be a pretty strange operation. The point programs are pretty weak. I will keep my old Merrill Lynch account that I have had for ages as it is no fee.

Last edited by robertw477; Jul 30, 2020 at 9:45 am
Old Aug 1, 2020, 9:09 pm

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by robchow
That is interesting. I never considered it but it is possible that 'my Wallet' has enough funds to cover the primary fare and all associated taxes/fees thus no need to use AS credit card. I wonder if there are data points on this: using 'my Wallet' to cover all cost and still be able to use companion fare.
Instead of the wallet fund, I got a credit certificate sent by email, anyone know if I can book companion fare tix with the credit certificate? Thank you!
Old Aug 4, 2020, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
BoA AS Biz, 1st anniversary with minimal, sporadic spend after meeting MSR. No offers and the South Carrrolllina rep was happy to close the card.
Old Aug 6, 2020, 8:12 am

BOA Premium Rewards: AF $95. Not traveling until there is an effective vaccine... not interested in Airline script (GC). Amazingly allowed a switch to no fee BOA CR. Kept same acct# and CID. Rep was not sure if I could switch back once Travel resumes (for me)...I'll take another $10K per year @5.25%...strange times...BTW BOA rolled over 1700 orphan points ...I've called about product changes pre-Covid with no luck...happy for the change.
Old Aug 14, 2020, 5:28 pm

B of A Alaska Biz, first year annual fee just posted. No spend since I got the sign up bonus. No offer for anything. I wasn't expecting one. This is my only B of A card.

I can't really see a reason to keep this one. I still have a couple of weeks but I should have just closed it while I was on the phone.
Old Dec 15, 2020, 5:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I called last night to cancel my Virgin Atlantic card ($90 af posted recently). No spend after hitting the MSR. The rep said she couldn't do anything about the fee directly but that there was a $100 statement credit if I spent $1500 thru 3/31/2021. I said no thanks and closed the card since it's about as bottom wallet as it gets.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 9:33 am

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Any 2021 results as of yet, especially an Alaska card?
Old Jul 17, 2021, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by mhdena
Any 2021 results as of yet, especially an Alaska card?
Offered 5000 points and I accepted.
Old Jul 18, 2021, 12:20 pm

BofA Premier Card

Got a retention offer on the Premier Card. $100 credit if spend $1500 on the card in the next 90 days.
Old Aug 3, 2021, 9:13 pm

Programs: AA (Exec Plat), ANA (Plat), Club Carlson (Gld), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Plat), SPG (Gld)
Originally Posted by retired7328
BOA Premium Rewards: AF $95. Not traveling until there is an effective vaccine... not interested in Airline script (GC). Amazingly allowed a switch to no fee BOA CR. Kept same acct# and CID. Rep was not sure if I could switch back once Travel resumes (for me)...I'll take another $10K per year @5.25%...strange times...BTW BOA rolled over 1700 orphan points ...I've called about product changes pre-Covid with no luck...happy for the change.
Does your new BOA CR have no FTF, the same as the premium rewards card, or did the Foreign Transaction fee change to 3%? I am curious because Bank of America in the past used to keep all terms and conditions the same when you product changed cards including interest rates and FTFs but that was over a decade ago so wondering if that is still the case.

Thanks.
Old Aug 4, 2021, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by ctcristo1
Got a retention offer on the Premier Card. $100 credit if spend $1500 on the card in the next 90 days.
Would you mind letting us know how you requested the retention offer and how close you are to your AF posting.
Old Aug 4, 2021, 11:54 pm

Called number on the number of my card with genuine intention of cancelling my Alaska card. Was offered fully waived annual fee with no spend requirement. Have spent $0 on my card the past few years.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 4:25 pm

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
Alaska Airlines business card: Called looking for a retention offer or downgrade to no fee card. Only minimal spend for years. Nothing available so I cancelled it.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 12:39 pm

Programs: DL,AA,RR
Called for retention offer for my Bofa premium rewards card, was offered statement credit of $175 after spending $1500...was really surprised and took the offer.
MisterBill and EkekoBWI like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.