FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Credit Card Programs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs-599/)
-   -   What is the best card for purchases at Best Buy? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs/1552797-what-best-card-purchases-best-buy.html)

Vadim K Feb 17, 2014 6:07 pm

What is the best card for purchases at Best Buy?

Hello

What is the best card for purchases at Best Buy besides store credit card?

PainCorp Feb 17, 2014 6:11 pm

There is no single best, only best for you.

There is not nearly enough information here to properly answer your question, so I'll suggest the Priceline Visa.

SquarePeg Feb 17, 2014 6:22 pm

I usually check Chase to see if any bonus points for BBuy. Sometimes it's a 5X category on Freedom and others it's 1 or 2 extra points/$1 through the mall. Sometimes both. I buy online with store pick up same day and then I drive over there. That way I get my item without having to wait for delivery plus I get the bonus points for the UR Mall.\\

Edit to add if it's only 1 or 2 times via the mall and not a Freedom 5X, you can use any card to check out and get the mall bonus points. Doesn't have to be your Chase card so if you have something that earns multiple points on all spending categories (like a Hilton card or Arrival), you can double dip that way.

roki Feb 17, 2014 6:26 pm

Buy Best Buy gift cards for whatever dollar amount you need from a grocery store (With the AMEX BCP, for example) or Office Supply store (with the Chase Ink, for example), and use them for you Best Buy purchase.

Vadim K Feb 17, 2014 6:34 pm

Thanks for the input.
I wonder if there is a card with bonus category for electronics stores?

blaz Feb 17, 2014 7:45 pm

Discover It gives 5% CB through shopdiscover.com. You can buy online and then chose store pickup if you prefer to get the merchandise immediately.

binnycode Feb 17, 2014 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by Vadim K (Post 22367241)
Thanks for the input.
I wonder if there is a card with bonus category for electronics stores?

US Bank Cash+ has 5x quarterly bonus for electronic stores 2k max.

lavag Feb 17, 2014 11:01 pm

Bestbuy also has a pretty restrictive return policy. If you're at al unsure of the purchase, especially if it's expensive, I would put it on an Amex with purchase/return protection.

jordandawg05 Feb 18, 2014 10:29 am

Originally Posted by lavag (Post 22368445)
Bestbuy also has a pretty restrictive return policy. If you're at al unsure of the purchase, especially if it's expensive, I would put it on an Amex with purchase/return protection.

was gonna exactly say that, well said :) all my expensive electronic purchases go on my platinum for piece of mind.

Jaxxx Feb 18, 2014 9:17 pm

I would seriously consider purchasing somewhere else just cause of best buys return policy

Rick471 Feb 19, 2014 11:44 am

I just use Best Buy to window shop and write down model numbers of electronics so I can look for it at a price 25% cheaper online. Never shop there anymore.

mintcilantro Feb 19, 2014 11:58 am

they have their own credit card with citi that would yield I think extra 3.5% if you shop there a lot (i.e. visa gc). I think elite members get 2.5% back in points.

if you couple that with shopkick, this is a nice way to manufacture spend and get some electronics out of it. The catch is this is not exactly cashback.

TheDapperDon Feb 19, 2014 6:14 pm

Discover and US Bank are the best card options. You probably want to get GCs from stores to truly maximize cash back.

Nick92 Feb 19, 2014 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by mintcilantro (Post 22378355)
they have their own credit card with citi that would yield I think extra 3.5% if you shop there a lot (i.e. visa gc). I think elite members get 2.5% back in points.

if you couple that with shopkick, this is a nice way to manufacture spend and get some electronics out of it. The catch is this is not exactly cashback.

My Best Buy card gives 5% for all purchases, if you are an Elite Plus member with the My Best Buy card you get 6%.

jm38750n Feb 19, 2014 7:44 pm

We need to put a bolo for milesabound. He signed up for the BB credit card and will be posting about it