Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

What is the best card for purchases at Best Buy?

Old Feb 17, 2014, 6:07 pm
Original Poster

Hello

What is the best card for purchases at Best Buy besides store credit card?
Old Feb 17, 2014, 6:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
There is no single best, only best for you.

There is not nearly enough information here to properly answer your question, so I'll suggest the Priceline Visa.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 6:22 pm

Programs: MR, UR, AA, AS, HH Gold, SPG Gold, HGP, RR
I usually check Chase to see if any bonus points for BBuy. Sometimes it's a 5X category on Freedom and others it's 1 or 2 extra points/$1 through the mall. Sometimes both. I buy online with store pick up same day and then I drive over there. That way I get my item without having to wait for delivery plus I get the bonus points for the UR Mall.\\

Edit to add if it's only 1 or 2 times via the mall and not a Freedom 5X, you can use any card to check out and get the mall bonus points. Doesn't have to be your Chase card so if you have something that earns multiple points on all spending categories (like a Hilton card or Arrival), you can double dip that way.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 6:26 pm

Programs: AA, TY, UR, UA, US, WN, MR, SPG
Buy Best Buy gift cards for whatever dollar amount you need from a grocery store (With the AMEX BCP, for example) or Office Supply store (with the Chase Ink, for example), and use them for you Best Buy purchase.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 6:34 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the input.
I wonder if there is a card with bonus category for electronics stores?

Last edited by Vadim K; Feb 17, 2014 at 7:10 pm
Old Feb 17, 2014, 7:45 pm

Discover It gives 5% CB through shopdiscover.com. You can buy online and then chose store pickup if you prefer to get the merchandise immediately.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by Vadim K
Thanks for the input.
I wonder if there is a card with bonus category for electronics stores?
US Bank Cash+ has 5x quarterly bonus for electronic stores 2k max.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 11:01 pm

Programs: AA Plt, BA, SPG Plt
Bestbuy also has a pretty restrictive return policy. If you're at al unsure of the purchase, especially if it's expensive, I would put it on an Amex with purchase/return protection.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by lavag
Bestbuy also has a pretty restrictive return policy. If you're at al unsure of the purchase, especially if it's expensive, I would put it on an Amex with purchase/return protection.
was gonna exactly say that, well said all my expensive electronic purchases go on my platinum for piece of mind.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 9:17 pm

I would seriously consider purchasing somewhere else just cause of best buys return policy
Old Feb 19, 2014, 11:44 am

I just use Best Buy to window shop and write down model numbers of electronics so I can look for it at a price 25% cheaper online. Never shop there anymore.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 11:58 am

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
they have their own credit card with citi that would yield I think extra 3.5% if you shop there a lot (i.e. visa gc). I think elite members get 2.5% back in points.

if you couple that with shopkick, this is a nice way to manufacture spend and get some electronics out of it. The catch is this is not exactly cashback.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 6:14 pm

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
Discover and US Bank are the best card options. You probably want to get GCs from stores to truly maximize cash back.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by mintcilantro
they have their own credit card with citi that would yield I think extra 3.5% if you shop there a lot (i.e. visa gc). I think elite members get 2.5% back in points.

if you couple that with shopkick, this is a nice way to manufacture spend and get some electronics out of it. The catch is this is not exactly cashback.
My Best Buy card gives 5% for all purchases, if you are an Elite Plus member with the My Best Buy card you get 6%.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 7:44 pm

We need to put a bolo for milesabound. He signed up for the BB credit card and will be posting about it

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.