Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Second Barclays App within 2 months with updated information

Old Feb 10, 2014, 8:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Gold, Marriott Silver, Alaska MVP Gold

My girlfriend is a grad student, who receives a small stipend. She applied for the Arrival card a few weeks ago and did not list any income. She tried the reconsideration line a few times, and explained the income situation, but they did not budge.

She just got a targeted offer for the US Air card in the mail. If she applies again listing her stipend as income, do you think this will work?

I think that if they ask why she has a previous application with 0 income, she has a pretty good answer that she tried to explain it to them last time but they couldn't change the number on the application.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by sportscenter26
My girlfriend is a grad student, who receives a small stipend. She applied for the Arrival card a few weeks ago and did not list any income. She tried the reconsideration line a few times, and explained the income situation, but they did not budge.

She just got a targeted offer for the US Air card in the mail. If she applies again listing her stipend as income, do you think this will work?

I think that if they ask why she has a previous application with 0 income, she has a pretty good answer that she tried to explain it to them last time but they couldn't change the number on the application.
I would apply the 2nd time with an income. A small stipend is better than 0. If you were a bank would you approve someone to take a loan from you with $0 income?
Old Feb 10, 2014, 2:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Shelby455

I would apply the 2nd time with an income. A small stipend is better than 0. If you were a bank would you approve someone to take a loan from you with $0 income?
I've applied using Unemployment income and have been approved...
Old Feb 10, 2014, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

Yeah I know that including the income is going to be more successful, but do you think it will raise a red flag that she can't explain away that she has a recent application with no income?
Old Feb 10, 2014, 3:53 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Yeah I know that including the income is going to be more successful, but do you think it will raise a red flag that she can't explain away that she has a recent application with no income?
She got a raise.

Why is this so hard?
Old Feb 10, 2014, 8:10 pm
Original Poster

Update: she was approved
Old Feb 11, 2014, 7:30 am

Programs: HH Gold (again), US/UA/DL non-elite, ZE Presidents Circle, WN reluctant no fee convert.
Glad she got approval.

My question was: what did she put down as housing cost?

I think it's the income minus housing cost that gets the attention. JMHO
Old Feb 11, 2014, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

There was nothing on the application about housing cost, just income.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.