Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Back for 2014: US Bank FlexPerks Olympics Promo ($549+ bonus until 3/14)

Old Jan 31, 2014, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
Medal final results as of 2/23:
9 gold, 7 silver, 12 bronze = 7450 points + 20k guaranteed = 27,450 points

This promotion is similar to a very successful offer during the 2012 Olympics --
See this historic thread: [EXPIRED] U.S. Bank CC with 33,150 FlexPerks [~640 USD] travel sign up bonus, no fee

NOTE: This offer is officially expired. Even though the application page still loads, it is likely that you will only receive the 20k point portion of the offer if you apply now.

The offer expires March 7, 2014, and includes:
Deadline extended - must be approved by March 14, 2014... offer includes:

• Guaranteed 20,000 FlexPerks points after $3500 spend within first four months
  • An additional bonus depending on how many medals USA teams win during the Olympics [Gold = 500, Silver = 250, Bronze = 100; actual total = 7450 points]
  • First purchase must be made by March 31 to be awarded the 7450 point medals bonus
  • For reference, based on results at the last winter Olympics, the total bonus would have been 29,550, worth almost $600
  • $0 fee first year, then $49 subsequent years
  • 3 pts/$ on donations to charity
  • 2 pts/$ for gas, grocery, and airline purchases
  • 1 pt/$ elsewhere

More about bonus earning categories:

2pts/$ in whichever ONE of the following you had your highest spend for the statement month:
  • Grocery stores
  • Gas Stations
  • Airline Travel
And always 2pts/$ for cellphone bill payments

Each point is worth up to 2 cents when redeemed for airline tickets, according to this tiered redemption system:

No partial redemptions are allowed. In other words, a ticket priced at $395 costs 20k points while a ticket priced at $405 costs 30k points. No option to combine points+cash. Each redemption includes a reimbursement for up to $25 of incidentals charged directly by the airline.

For general questions on FlexPerks points, see this long-running thread: U.S. Bank FlexPerks [Master Thread]
Print Wikipost

[EXPIRED] Back for 2014: US Bank FlexPerks Olympics Promo ($549+ bonus until 3/14)

Old May 10, 2014, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by phdtomd
Still nothing for me. Are you guys receiving the bonus on your statement closing dates?
About 2-3 days after.
Old May 13, 2014, 10:01 pm

Programs: All of em...
Got mine on 5/5. Now just need to send a little more to Kiva to hit the 40k mark
Fun stuff!
Old May 14, 2014, 3:05 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Aadvantage, Skymiles, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG, Amtrak, Hertz
Statement posted last week, points haven't. I'm getting a bit nervous - I applied well within the deadline, but didn't get approved until late March. I suppose I should wait until my next statement to start calling US Bank.
Old May 14, 2014, 4:24 am

Originally Posted by Kay_nyc
Statement posted last week, points haven't. I'm getting a bit nervous - I applied well within the deadline, but didn't get approved until late March. I suppose I should wait until my next statement to start calling US Bank.
Eh if you actually didn't get approved until after the deadline, I wouldn't hesitate to reach out to them now.

Did you confirm the bonus when activating the card?
Old May 14, 2014, 2:28 pm

I got my olympics bonus with my last statement posted a few days ago.

I found this interesting, forgive me if I'm repeating data, but I applied the last day of the promo 3/14, didn't get approved for a couple weeks. I figured I'd roll with or without olympics bonus, but to my delight I got the bonus. I haven't got the regular 20k bonus yet because I've only put about 2.5k spend on the card. So, no need to hit the 3.5k threshold to get the olympic bonus.

Cheers
Old Jun 4, 2014, 6:14 pm

Not sure when it posted but I got my bonus when I updated all of my accounts via Award Wallet last night. Looking at the above replies, looks like everyone is good.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 6:20 am

Programs: AA Platinum & a bunch of hotel statuses
I want my points

I called yesterday...still no Olympic bonus.

I did get a 3500 point bonus for all the hoops I'm having to jump through.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 8:24 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold,
Originally Posted by Samiam
I called yesterday...still no Olympic bonus.

I did get a 3500 point bonus for all the hoops I'm having to jump through.
I must have gotten lucky, I got 10k for my troubles
Old Jun 11, 2014, 4:36 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Aadvantage, Skymiles, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG, Amtrak, Hertz
Originally Posted by Kay_nyc
Sweet! Bonus just posted. Just after I redeemed for a flight... now I've got 11K points and need to figure out how to MS my way into another free flight.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 10:31 pm

Programs: Too many to list
I still don't see my Olympic bonus

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.