Search
Old Jul 14, 2022, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cjw2001

Wells Fargo Autograph Card

https://creditcards.wellsfargo.com/c...a-credit-card/

unlimited 3X points on the following categories:
  • Restaurants
  • Travel (airfare, hotels, car rentals, and more)
  • Gas and electric vehicle charging stations
  • Transit (subways, ride shares, parking, tolls, and more)
  • Popular Streaming Services
  • Phone Plans (cell phone and landline providers)
Includes:
  • 0% APR for 12 months
  • no foreign transaction fees
  • no annual fee
  • Cell phone protection ($600 with $25 deductible)
  • Auto Rental collision damage waiver (secondary insurance)
As of launch SUB is 30,000 bonus points upon $1500 of spend in the first 3 months.

As of launch week product changes do not appear to be available from the old Wells Fargo Propel card which had very similar benefits but was on the AMEX network.

Print Wikipost

Wells Fargo Autograph VISA

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2022, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Wells Fargo Autograph VISA

Applied last night, approved right away for roughly 3x my current Propel Amex limit last year (which was very low for a WF client with significant funds and excellent credit). Not sure whether I'll cancel the Propel later this year, or just sideline it indefinitely? Besides the sign-up bonus ($300 after $1500 spend within 90 days), I wanted this one for better international acceptance; it appears to have an additional 3x category covering mobile phone bills along with the entire Propel spectrum. Anyway...

Have others here signed up, or are considering it? If so, would it be in addition to your existing Propel card? I've found the no AF, no FTF a great deal.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 10:02 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Applied last night, approved right away for roughly 3x my current Propel Amex limit last year (which was very low for a WF client with significant funds and excellent credit). Not sure whether I'll cancel the Propel later this year, or just sideline it indefinitely? Besides the sign-up bonus ($300 after $1500 spend within 90 days), I wanted this one for better international acceptance; it appears to have an additional 3x category covering mobile phone bills along with the entire Propel spectrum. Anyway...

Have others here signed up, or are considering it? If so, would it be in addition to your existing Propel card? I've found the no AF, no FTF a great deal.
Been considering a new app vs a possible product change from the Propel for the same reasons. Not clear yet whether or not they will be allowing product changes. I may wait a while to see how the dust settles on that.

On a side note, it is still possible to get some Amex offers on the old Propel by going to https://www.americanexpress.com/us/n.../shopping.html. Just got a $25 credit for $50 of spend (use up to 3 times) from my Google Fi bill payments from that. Not going to do anything to get rid of the old Propel until two more Google Fi billing cycles and the next $25 AMEX offer credit posts.
Points Scrounger likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by cjw2001
Been considering a new app vs a possible product change from the Propel for the same reasons. Not clear yet whether or not they will be allowing product changes. I may wait a while to see how the dust settles on that.

On a side note, it is still possible to get some Amex offers on the old Propel by going to https://www.americanexpress.com/us/n.../shopping.html. Just got a $25 credit for $50 of spend (use up to 3 times) from my Google Fi bill payments from that. Not going to do anything to get rid of the old Propel until two more Google Fi billing cycles and the next $25 AMEX offer credit posts.
Thanks - there was one offer that I added to my Propel card.
cjw2001 likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 6:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
From what I've seen posted on the net so far, it is sounding like product changes from the Propel to Autograph are not currently available. Not sure I want to burn a new app for an almost identical card. Will be in a holding pattern on this one for now.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 10:46 am

Programs: AAdvantage
Originally Posted by cjw2001
From what I've seen posted on the net so far, it is sounding like product changes from the Propel to Autograph are not currently available. Not sure I want to burn a new app for an almost identical card. Will be in a holding pattern on this one for now.
I just called WF to ask for a product change from an older Visa Rewards card. When requesting a change in the app, it said product changes were unavailable. Upon speaking with a representative, he noted that product changes were temporarily suspended (and they have no insight into when this will be lifted).

Overall it seems like solid categories, but I'm in the same boat where I don't want to burn a new app for it.
Points Scrounger and cjw2001 like this.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 10:01 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
pending
Old Jul 27, 2022, 7:41 am

Applied and got immediate approval. I have had a Propel 365 with a 50% relationship bonus for many years. According to my imprecise calculations, I should get at least 2 points on all spend. The 3 points on the Autograph categories and 2 points on Propel 365 non-bonus spend. This is my new strategy. All of my painstaking collecting of miles and points have brought me to now. Terrible to non-existent redemptions for business class flights, and not much better in economy.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 5:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Bellacricket
Applied and got immediate approval. I have had a Propel 365 with a 50% relationship bonus for many years. According to my imprecise calculations, I should get at least 2 points on all spend. The 3 points on the Autograph categories and 2 points on Propel 365 non-bonus spend. This is my new strategy. All of my painstaking collecting of miles and points have brought me to now. Terrible to non-existent redemptions for business class flights, and not much better in economy.
I have quite a bit of money with them, but no relationship bonus - guess that was specific to the 365?
Old Jul 28, 2022, 7:45 am

Yes, I believe it was. I really never took advantage of the relationship bonus since our first year of spending on that card resulted in no bonus at all. The enthusiastic banker who sold us on the card failed to mention that we needed to have a different sort of checking account. Easily remedied, but Amex was extremely uncooperative in the matter. That card has been in the sock drawer ever since. Now I am gradually closing or downgrading a lot of cards that have higher annual fees, They don't seem to be worth the trouble of keeping track of them.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 8:13 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Bellacricket
....Amex was extremely uncooperative ....
Wells Fargo Amex Network cards are not issued by American Express. Their role in these cards is the same as MasterCard or VISA for other cards. I am not surprised that Wells Fargo is uncooperative. In my (limited) dealings with them their initial position is always that Wells Fargo does not make mistakes.
EmailKid and cjw2001 like this.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 9:26 am

Agreed. There was a lot of finger pointing toward Amex when it came to light. If I remember correctly the response to my complaint was "Amex won't budge." They were willing to punish the banker, AKA the one at the bottom of the hill, but since none of it would result in getting my relationship bonus points, I let it drop. We live, we learn.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

They screwed up the rewards interface on this card really badly (in my case). Spent well over an hour by phone trying to sort it out, being transferred among five people; much of that was with one very nice well-meaning fellow who proved useless in the end. Final person had the situation resolved overnight, with a follow up call to me as well. 👍

Basically, they set up a new rewards number, instead of adding this card to the existing one; which I could not access, let alone merge My sign-up bonus is pending until the next sweeps day in September. I'll likely cash it out right away, and then merge the reward accounts. I like the Propel a bit better visually, so plan on keeping my TMobile autopay on the 3x Autograph, which will only come out of the "sock drawer" for foreign travel acceptance.
cjw2001 likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 2:12 pm

Hmm. I don't like the sound of that. There are two numbers for the rewards accounts, but there is also an option to combine them, maybe I'll try that now. I was waiting for the Autograph SUB to post, but I guess it's never too early to dive into the phone tree.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 2:15 pm

Just applied online and was rejected by email a few minutes later. Not sure what the issue would be as my score is over 800, I always pay off my cards, and I've only opened one other account in the past year (only 3 in the past 2 years). I'll see what the letter says but any ideas?
Old Sep 19, 2022, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by xinverness
Just applied online and was rejected by email a few minutes later. Not sure what the issue would be as my score is over 800, I always pay off my cards, and I've only opened one other account in the past year (only 3 in the past 2 years). I'll see what the letter says but any ideas?
How many cards do you have? Lots of available credit? I have quite a lot of money with WF, so was shocked that when I applied for Propel last year, they only gave me 4K credit. However, with this card this year it was 20K. I'd ask for reconsideration if I were you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.