Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Post your receipt of your 1st EMV based transaction in the US

Post your receipt of your 1st EMV based transaction in the US

Old Sep 3, 2015, 4:25 pm

Target now online

This is probably old news but back in mid August I went into a Target and successfully did a Chip and PIN transaction. No drama, no ICC transaction cancelled message like at Walmart.

I also went to a state agency and they had a FD-40 but she was behind a security glass and no PIN pad accessible. Just to be cheeky I gave her my Chip and PIN card but alas it went through as signature. I guess a contactless transaction would be the backup?
Old Sep 4, 2015, 5:49 pm

Yeah, I don't think anybody has posted a target receipt yet, but the only clue that it's EMV is the AID prints below the payment method name.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 9:22 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
I believe I had my first EMV transaction at a US ATM yesterday. I recently received a new Citi debit card with a chip. Using a Citi ATM yesterday, I was instructed to insert the card into the reader and leave it there until the transaction was completed. (Magnetic stripe cards only have to be dipped at Citi ATMs.) Receipt is as follows:
Old Sep 30, 2015, 9:51 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott

Dim Sum King in Sunnyvale, CA

I've added this location to the EMV map.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 10:24 am

Home Depot now EMV but no longer NFC?

Went to Home Depot yesterday and I thought I was going to use RFID/NFC but it looks like the readers were removed? It's been several months since I've been to HD. But a Discover Card EMV chip read worked without a problem.

They are using Ingenico terminals. Do these have the NFC reader on the screen like Verifone and FD's?

The LCD display showed a PayPass logo (but no wireless symbol). But tapping the screen didn't work.

Originally Posted by askmrlee
This is probably old news but back in mid August I went into a Target and successfully did a Chip and PIN transaction. No drama, no ICC transaction cancelled message like at Walmart.

I also went to a state agency and they had a FD-40 but she was behind a security glass and no PIN pad accessible. Just to be cheeky I gave her my Chip and PIN card but alas it went through as signature. I guess a contactless transaction would be the backup?
Old Oct 1, 2015, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by askmrlee
Went to Home Depot yesterday and I thought I was going to use RFID/NFC but it looks like the readers were removed? It's been several months since I've been to HD. But a Discover Card EMV chip read worked without a problem.

They are using Ingenico terminals. Do these have the NFC reader on the screen like Verifone and FD's?

The LCD display showed a PayPass logo (but no wireless symbol). But tapping the screen didn't work.
HD disabled them until some unspecified point in the future. The reader is still in the screen though.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 1:54 am

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
My dry cleaners in San Jose now accepts EMV. I added the establishment to the map.

Last edited by Majuki; Oct 13, 2015 at 9:27 pm
Old Dec 29, 2015, 9:12 am

Last edited by NYCFlyer10001; Jan 14, 2016 at 10:09 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.