Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Barclays US Airways CC offers [EXPIRED]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 9, 2014, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
<removed all expired links> (philemer)

*** Historical information follows: ***

Do not use a Preferred Application (10K Anniversay bonus) if you are not Preferred Elite. The reconsideration csr said as of December 11, 2014 the Preferred numbers are programmed in their computer and non-Preferred are immediately kicked out with no credit check. You cannot apply for any Barclays card for 30 days after rejection.

from the rejection letter I received:
The Dividend Miles number you provided on the application does not currently reflect a Preferred Status within the Dividend Miles program, and unfortunately this offer is only available to Dividend Miles members with Preferred Status. A credit report was not used in making this determination.

Note: If you are an existing cardholder of the older version of this card with a perpetual anniversary bonus, please ask account questions here:
[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Check Application Status

Current offers:
There is a new (as of Dec. 4, 2014) public offer for 50,000 bonus miles after the first purchase, $89 annual fee is not waived:
http://www.worldgotbigger.com/us-airways-credit-card/

There is also an offer for 50k now and 10k at first anniversary, for preferred members only, reported by jrobinson5 in Post 935 - but see that post for the link and that user's difficulties with it.

Older offers that may still work:

50k Offers - There are individually targeted offers circulating for a 50k signup bonus. No one has yet identified a way to apply without actually receiving a personalized code from Barclays in advance.

40k miles after first purchase; $89 annual fee NOT waived [This is the standard public offer]

40k miles after first purchase plus 10k miles at first (and only first) anniversary; $89 annual fee NOT waived [Note: For"Preferred Members Only"; for similar offers, this has been sporadically enforced - see the anniversary miles thread below for historical data]

Alternately, there is a long-running 35,000 mile offer with first year fee waived and 10,000 miles every anniversary:

Fee waived, no spend, US Airways Card, 35K (WIKI) Now dead - However, see that thread for 30k + 10k anniversary offer

(All offers with perpetual anniversary bonus are no longer available)

FAQ's
What will happen to this card when American and US Airways mileage plans are merged ?
The best information we has says that when that happens, Barclays will no longer be able to issue new cards, but your existing card will continue to be serviced by Barclays and become an American Airlines "red" credit card with benefits similar to the Citi AA Platinum card now issued (http://mommypoints.boardingarea.com/...erican-merger/)

Can I churn this card?
Yes

When can I apply for my 2nd/3rd/etc cards?
The general consensus is that you wait 6 months between applications with calling for recon significantly reducing your chances (better to get instant approval). YMMV. Note that in late 2014 there were several successful reports of people applying sooner than 6 months.

Do I have to close already existing accounts before applications for subsequent cards?
No but as always, YMMV

What's the reconsideration line number?
1-866-408-4064. Only open M-F, 8am-5pm Eastern time.
1-866-951-1437, After-hours (24/7)

When do the bonus miles post?
The annual fee will usually be charged in the first billing cycle. So assuming you made another purchase of at least $0.01 during the first billing cycle, the bonus miles will be credited to your account on the second billing cycle. If the AF doesn't post until the 2nd cycle, and you wait til the stmt. appears, your miles will not post until the 3rd cycle.

Key things to note with these new cards:
1. The previous cards waived the first year's annual fee and offered 10k for holding the card another year whereby the annual fee was charged. FTers, however, reported that Barclays did not clawback the 10k bonus after cancelling the card shortly after the AF posted.

2. The new cards' T&Cs this time explicitly state that the bonus will post upon payment of the AF (which is not waived) given that the fee isn't rescinded.

-Does this mean they will clawback the points?
Not enough data to confirm this

-If they don't plan to clawback the miles, how do they enforce the new terms?
They could, in theory, award the bonus after the period in which you could request a refund of the AF expires

Can I make a purchase and pre-pay the $89 AF prior to the first statement posting and receive the bonus miles?
Maybe. As of now, there are at least three data points stating this has been done successfully. Make a purchase of $0.01 $1 or more then use bill pay to make the payment and include the $89 AF (e.g. - a $1 purchase requires a $90 payment). If done correctly, the bonus miles (and the spend miles) will post on your first statement and to US Airways one day after the statement closes.

However, there are at least 2 reports (see #400) of having done the above and the AF did not bill in the first cycle (hence no posting of sign up bonus in that cycle). See the post for a possible explanation.

PLEASE POST if you applied again (FEB-APRIL, 2015), and after approval, ACTUALLY GOT the eligible bonus second time around after your approval and one time spend. That's really what peeps want to know.
Print Wikipost

[EXPIRED] Barclays US Airways CC offers [EXPIRED]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2014, 11:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by agp423
I applied and was approved on 11/24, annual fee showed up on 11/28, I made my first and only charge on 12/4, and paid everything off (including AF) on 12/06. Statement closed on 12/23. No bonus miles yet.
What does your statement show? No miles on the statement? Or no miles in your US account?
Old Dec 28, 2014, 5:32 am

just tried to apply. message said barclay delaware is unable to offer you a credit card. details will be mailed to you.

first applied for us air card dec 2013, cancelled dec 2014. by consensus, the churn is 6 months from prior app.

wonder what happened
Old Dec 28, 2014, 6:50 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Originally Posted by Happy
What does your statement show? No miles on the statement? Or no miles in your US account?
I have 2 miles for the spending, but no miles in my US account.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 7:17 am

Programs: United, delta, AA, Alaskan, Frontier, Hilton Gold, Hyatt, Chase Sapphire
Cancel before applying for second card?

My wife has had the card for just over 6 months. Should she cancel the card before trying to get a second card?
Old Dec 28, 2014, 7:31 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Happy
I had similar dates and my points posted the following statement. Seems like the lag is normal. You could send them a secure message to confirm.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 9:17 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
I SMed and got a response confirming that the miles should be posted and asked that I allow up to 30 days for the miles to show up on my US account.

Last edited by TOMFORD; Dec 28, 2014 at 11:18 am
Old Dec 28, 2014, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by agp423
I have 2 miles for the spending, but no miles in my US account.
You mean only the spend miles on your statement, that do not even transfer to your US account?

Check your US account number on your card to make sure it is the same account number.

Make another spend in this billing cycle and see what happens.
Old Dec 29, 2014, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by rchen404
just tried to apply. message said barclay delaware is unable to offer you a credit card. details will be mailed to you.

first applied for us air card dec 2013, cancelled dec 2014. by consensus, the churn is 6 months from prior app.

wonder what happened
Called reconsideration line. It was a credit issue. Cleared it up and now approved
Old Dec 29, 2014, 10:41 am

Just called a CSR about upping my referral bonus from 5k to 10k. No luck. "The best offer available for you is up to 50,000 miles for 10 referrals, as stated in the email you received." At the end of the call, I asked how long the card would be offered to new applicants, and the CSR said that the card will be offered through January 18.
Old Dec 29, 2014, 11:22 am

what are my odds of getting this card? I just opened an Arrival card 3 months ago with income of 15k.
Old Dec 29, 2014, 11:52 am

will being authorized user affect new cc application?

My 24-year old daughter wants to apply for US Air card with my referral. She has about a 1.5 year credit card history, has two Chase cards (last one applied for 4 months ago) and this would be her first barclaycard. From years ago she is an authorized user on my Arrival card, but doesn't use it.
Would being an authorized user affect her new application? Would it be better if I took her off my account before she applies?
Old Dec 29, 2014, 12:23 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, UA, Avios
Originally Posted by bugjuice11
what are my odds of getting this card? I just opened an Arrival card 3 months ago with income of 15k.
Depends on a lot more than income, FICO above 720 would help. I applied and was approved for this card and the A+ within a 2 month period.
Old Dec 29, 2014, 2:39 pm

Does anyone have a sense of how much longer we might have to apply for this card before it's discontinued?
Old Dec 29, 2014, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by JohnnyQuest
Does anyone have a sense of how much longer we might have to apply for this card before it's discontinued?
read the threads above yours.#1074
Old Dec 29, 2014, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by ninim2200
read the threads above yours.#1074
Ah, huge thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.