FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Credit Card Programs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs-599/)
-   -   Hawaiian Airlines (Barclays and B of H banks) Personal/Bus. Card- [Up to 75K] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs/1536636-hawaiian-airlines-barclays-b-h-banks-personal-bus-card-up-75k.html)

lapointsguy Jan 1, 2014 12:21 pm

Hawaiian Airlines (Barclays and B of H banks) Personal/Bus. Card- [Up to 75K]

This is the first I'm seeing of the new Hawaiian Airlines cards via Barclays -- both personal and business flavors are available. They only seem to appear and/or be available to apply if you are signed in at the Hawaiian Airlines website. Here's the links to the landing pages:

Personal:
http://www.hawaiianairlines.com/MasterCard

Business:
http://www.hawaiianairlines.com/MasterCardBusiness

Terms for personal version:
Earn 35,000 bonus miles when you spend $1,000 on purchases in the first 90 days.
Complimentary checked bag (for primary cardholder).
One-time 50% off companion discount (must be used within 13 months) for roundtrip coach travel between Hawaii and North America on Hawaiian Airlines.
Primary Cardholders are eligible to earn a $100 discount off one coach companion ticket for roundtrip travel between Hawaii and North America on each credit card account anniversary.
2x for spend on HA, 1x everything else.
5,000 bonus miles every year you make $10,000 or more in purchases with your card.
$89 annual fee (not waived)

Terms for business version:
35,000 bonus miles with 1st purchase
One-time 50% off companion discount (must be used within 13 months) for roundtrip coach travel between Hawaii and North America on Hawaiian Airlines.
2x for spend on HA, 1x everything else.
20,000 bonus miles on your account anniversary with $50K-$99K in annual spend, or 40,000 bonus miles with $100K or more in annual spend.
$89 annual fee (not waived)

Hard to tell from the T&C whether the 50% discount has to be based on a full fare economy ticket, but it looks like it might be. Free checked bag on the personal version but not the business version. Also interesting that the business version only requires first purchase for bonus miles, while the personal has $1,000 spend requirement.

pkoo Jan 1, 2014 12:37 pm

Fyi business card is 35k with first purchase

lapointsguy Jan 1, 2014 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by pkoo (Post 22062798)
Fyi business card is 35k with first purchase

Thanks! Updated original post to add business card and link as well.

mayhem213 Jan 1, 2014 12:59 pm

can i go from fll to honolulu with these points?

toxicity Jan 1, 2014 1:26 pm

So it looks like NYC to HI = ~30-40k miles each way.

Have people had success applying for both biz and personal simultanenously and being approved?

gv111 Jan 1, 2014 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by toxicity (Post 22063065)
So it looks like NYC to HI = ~30-40k miles each way.

Have people had success applying for both biz and personal simultanenously and being approved?

They are from different banks so it should work.

toxicity Jan 1, 2014 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by gv111 (Post 22063174)
They are from different banks so it should work.

Hmmm I don't know about that... small print on both card apps indicates the following:

issued by Barclays Bank Delaware (Barclaycard) pursuant to a license by MasterCard International Incorporated. MasterCard and Business MasterCard are registered trademarks of MasterCard International Incorporated.

lapointsguy Jan 1, 2014 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by toxicity (Post 22063214)
Hmmm I don't know about that... small print on both card apps indicates the following:

issued by Barclays Bank Delaware (Barclaycard) pursuant to a license by MasterCard International Incorporated. MasterCard and Business MasterCard are registered trademarks of MasterCard International Incorporated.

Correct -- these are both Barclays cards (personal and business). There has also been an HA business card issued by Bank of Hawaii in the past, but I didn't put the link here because it's already listed in another thread. That card also might be dead for the moment as the current landing page for the Bank of Hawaii card actually has Barclays listed as the issuer in the fine print.

toxicity Jan 1, 2014 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by lapointsguy (Post 22063263)
Correct -- these are both Barclay cards (personal and business). There is also an HA business card issued by Bank of Hawaii, but I didn't put the link here because it's already listed in another thread.

I think that Biz app is gone though right? Contemplating applying for both of these at the same time but Barclays has been annoying w/ multiple cards in the past so not sure if its worth it.

lapointsguy Jan 1, 2014 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by toxicity (Post 22063298)
I think that Biz app is gone though right? Contemplating applying for both of these at the same time but Barclays has been annoying w/ multiple cards in the past so not sure if its worth it.

Yep, I think you're right -- just fixed that in my previous post. I recently tried applying for a Barclays US Airways business card on the same day as a Barclays Miles and More. Got the Miles and More (which was the first app) and rejected for the US Airways business (second app). Two calls to reconsideration did not change the outcome.

rampartmovie Jan 1, 2014 2:16 pm

can we downgrade this card to a no fee after the we are charged the fees and use up the miles?

aeneas3 Jan 1, 2014 3:22 pm

wow tempted.
Waiting to book Maui for April flights.
would get:
50% wife's fare
my fare free depending on mileage

hmm

philemer Jan 1, 2014 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by aeneas3 (Post 22063716)
wow tempted.
Waiting to book Maui for April flights.
would get:
50% wife's fare
my fare free depending on mileage

hmm

I think you have to buy a ticket to get 50% companion's ticket.

Also, the Bank of Hawaii card apps are still dead.

Tr60 Jan 1, 2014 3:32 pm

Hawaiian Airlines (Barclays) Personal Card Launched-35,000 Miles for $1,000 Spend

if someone has Bank of American Hawaiin airlines cc during the past year, will s/he eligible for the bonus

miles_navigator Jan 1, 2014 3:51 pm

Does anyone know if the business card will post miles in a separate HA frequent flyer account from the personal one (like the old BofA cards)?

On a separate note, I still sometime see 35K rt (17.5K each way) JFK to HNL but it is usually 11 months out, mid-week and you have to grab it ASAP when you see it.