Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Hawaiian Airlines (Barclays and B of H banks) Personal/Bus. Card- [Up to 75K]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 11, 2015, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Personal card:
60,000 mile offer $99 AF (not waived), no FTF, $2000 min. spend: https://cards.barclaycardus.com/bank...te-mastercard/

60,000-milecard applications (with a pre-filled-in "in-flight-validation code") are also available on Hawaiian Airlines flights.
__________________________________________________ ______________

Business card [updated 3/9/24]
70K Total:

60K miles after $2000 spend + 10K miles after an employee purchase on his/her card; $99 annual fee (not waived), no foreign transaction fees:
https://cards.barclaycardus.com/bank...ss-mastercard/
__________________________________________________ _____________

Redeeming awards on Hawaiian chart
http://hawaiianair.custhelp.com/app/...-award-flights

Redeeming awards on partner airlines chart
(ANA, Korean, jetBlue, Virgin America, Virgin Atlantic, Virgin Australia)
http://hawaiianair.custhelp.com/app/...rtner-airlines

Recon phone # 866-205-5973

__________________________________________________ ____

Print Wikipost

Hawaiian Airlines (Barclays and B of H banks) Personal/Bus. Card- [Up to 75K]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2018, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by Thunderroad
This post possibly answers my first question, but I'll ask just in case: Both my wife and I were recently turned down for the business card, with letters saying Barlcays is unable to approve us because "Sufficient credit is available on your account issued by Barclays" etc.

So should we simply call the reconsideration line to move around our Barclays credit? And if so, what is the phone number?

Thanks for any help.
Why not call? All they can do is say no. Try googling Barclays Reconsideration and you'll find the #. I do know I've seen it before on DOC's blog. Not sure where it us on FT.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Tpa-flyer
Got approval today for the Barclay HA Biz CC. Applied online and got a Pending status. That was on 8/9/18. Called today to inquire of the status of my app. Learned it had been declined bec Barclay thought they had extended enough credit to me already on the other 4-5 cards I have with them. The reconsideration department rep approved me after we moved some credit around and I should receive the new card in about a week. Happy me......50K miles after first purchase. AF not waived.
This post possibly answers my first question, but I'll ask just in case: Both my wife and I were recently turned down for the business card, with letters saying Barlcays is unable to approve us because "Sufficient credit is available on your account issued by Barclays" etc.

So should we simply call the reconsideration line to move around our Barclays credit? And if so, what is the phone number?

Thanks for any help.
Originally Posted by philemer
Why not call? All they can do is say no. Try googling Barclays Reconsideration and you'll find the #. I do know I've seen it before on DOC's blog. Not sure where it us on FT.
Thanks. You're right, of course. No harm in trying.

Occasionally, though, some new, useful info or advice surfaces in response to a query such as mine. But if it doesn't in the next day or two, I'll try the call and report back.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks. You're right, of course. No harm in trying.

Occasionally, though, some new, useful info or advice surfaces in response to a query such as mine. But if it doesn't in the next day or two, I'll try the call and report back.
What are the Credit Lines on your other Barclay cards? And how many do you have?
Old Oct 1, 2018, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
What are the Credit Lines on your other Barclay cards? And how many do you have?
Good question. I believe it's only one with a fairly small credit line, but will certainly check on this before calling. Thanks again.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 11:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Good question. I believe it's only one with a fairly small credit line, but will certainly check on this before calling. Thanks again.
You said above:
So should we simply call the reconsideration line to move around our Barclays credit?

I'm confused. If you only have a small CL how is Barclays going to move anything around? There is nothing to move around. It sounds like Barclays has issued you all the credit they want to. That's my guess. You can call but it doesn't look good. Let us know what happens.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 5:50 pm

FWIW - The number I used for Barclays a few years ago was 866-369-1283. Not sure if it is still valid though.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 4:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You said above:
So should we simply call the reconsideration line to move around our Barclays credit?

I'm confused. If you only have a small CL how is Barclays going to move anything around? There is nothing to move around. It sounds like Barclays has issued you all the credit they want to. That's my guess. You can call but it doesn't look good. Let us know what happens.
Belatedly getting back to update. I'd forgotten that I had three Barclays cards and that they had more credit than I assumed, so I was able to move credit around and get the card. Thanks for the help.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 10:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

60K promo with 1st charge

Inflight promo offer: 60K miles with only 1 charge! Need to get app. from a FA.

Last edited by philemer; Jan 11, 2019 at 11:15 pm
Old Feb 22, 2019, 12:07 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Good reminder.
Just attempted a mock reservation for the $1k spend online application, link claimed offer is no longer available.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 12:17 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Existing AA Aviator card member, instant online approval for HA card.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 1:53 pm

Inflight promo offer: 60K miles with only 1 charge! Need to get app. from a FA.
Yeah was on a flight from OGG to HNL. Can confirm this

They are REALLY trying to get ppl to sign up for this card, lol
Old Mar 14, 2019, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by diver858
Existing AA Aviator card member, instant online approval for HA card.
Oddly, same here (Aviator holder from five years back, only Barclays card) and declined by the automated system....
Old Mar 20, 2019, 5:47 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
No interest in the Bank of Hawaii 75k (after 6k spend) offer? Got me to come back for a 3rd go around...

https://boh.com/landing-pages/hawaii...s-campaign.asp

The card designs are so beautiful and vivid now compared to the old ones. If you happen to be on Oahu during a particular time each month HA sponsors an arts/fashion/food truck event "Night Market" in the Kakaako neighborhood with discounts for cardholders
StartinSanDiego likes this.
Old May 11, 2019, 6:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Delta Plat, Marriott Plat,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat
Anyone applied for business card offer? 70k. My interest is in if counts against 5/24, as its business. Anyone know? It’s brand new so maybe early to ask....
Old May 12, 2019, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

new 70K mile offer on Business card

Originally Posted by Jonesdds
Anyone applied for business card offer? 70k. My interest is in if counts against 5/24, as its business. Anyone know? It’s brand new so maybe early to ask....
The offer of 70K miles is new but the card is not. Barclay does NOT report biz cards to the credit bureaus. See: https://www.doctorofcredit.com/which...-cards-report/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.