Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Hawaiian Airlines (Barclays and B of H banks) Personal/Bus. Card- [Up to 75K]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 11, 2015, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Personal card:
60,000 mile offer $99 AF (not waived), no FTF, $2000 min. spend: https://cards.barclaycardus.com/bank...te-mastercard/

60,000-milecard applications (with a pre-filled-in "in-flight-validation code") are also available on Hawaiian Airlines flights.
__________________________________________________ ______________

Business card [updated 3/9/24]
70K Total:

60K miles after $2000 spend + 10K miles after an employee purchase on his/her card; $99 annual fee (not waived), no foreign transaction fees:
https://cards.barclaycardus.com/bank...ss-mastercard/
__________________________________________________ _____________

Redeeming awards on Hawaiian chart
http://hawaiianair.custhelp.com/app/...-award-flights

Redeeming awards on partner airlines chart
(ANA, Korean, jetBlue, Virgin America, Virgin Atlantic, Virgin Australia)
http://hawaiianair.custhelp.com/app/...rtner-airlines

Recon phone # 866-205-5973

__________________________________________________ ____

Print Wikipost

Hawaiian Airlines (Barclays and B of H banks) Personal/Bus. Card- [Up to 75K]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2017, 2:40 pm

Programs: HA - Pualani Plat; Avis FIRST; Emerald Club Executive
Hawaiian Miles Barclay Card

My annual fee is coming up, I asked via SM for a product change or retention offer. Both were declined. Will be calling, but has anyone had any success in a product change.

Don't need the card anymore as I have shifted travel to another airline.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by yahrite808
My annual fee is coming up, I asked via SM for a product change or retention offer. Both were declined. Will be calling, but has anyone had any success in a product change.

Don't need the card anymore as I have shifted travel to another airline.
I called in to cancel, with the full intent of actually cancelling and was offered a full waiver of the AF without any mention of it from me. I did have $10k spend tho. I don't believe there was anything to downgrade to. You should just cancel if you don't get it waived, unless you check a lot of bags on HA. Even then, you can cancel and get another one in a couple weeks.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
data point

jeffersun informed me that his Business card did not appear on his credit report. See: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28633129-post22.html
Old Aug 21, 2017, 12:50 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by muji
Yes, you can get this card again.
Barclays doesn't have any sort of "once in a lifetime" rule for its cards.
Awesome! I just closed my account two months ago. Any data points on how long to wait before churning another 50K offer?
Old Aug 25, 2017, 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by alohastephen
I just closed my account two months ago. Any data points on how long to wait before churning another 50K offer?
The general rule for Barclays is that you should wait at least 6 months between applications. And that you usually can get approved for only 1-2 cards per year. Myself, I've been approved for three new Barclays cards in one year, and for one new card just a month or so after getting approved for a different card. So, it varies by person.

My advice to you, since you want to apply for the same type of card after having closed an account, would be to wait at least two months (which you have already done). That's what I would do, and what I have done. But it's not a magic formula.

Hope it works out for you. Please report back.
alohastephen likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 3:53 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by muji
The general rule for Barclays is that you should wait at least 6 months between applications. And that you usually can get approved for only 1-2 cards per year. Myself, I've been approved for three new Barclays cards in one year, and for one new card just a month or so after getting approved for a different card. So, it varies by person.

My advice to you, since you want to apply for the same type of card after having closed an account, would be to wait at least two months (which you have already done). That's what I would do, and what I have done. But it's not a magic formula.

Hope it works out for you. Please report back.
Thanks!
Logged in, started a reservation, clicked on the banner ad for 50K and it mysteriously disappeared. Tried reloading, but didn't work.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by alohastephen
...clicked on the banner ad for 50K and it mysteriously disappeared. Tried reloading, but didn't work.
Maybe give it a try again tomorrow? Maybe try a different browser? 

Edited to add:
I just tried a dummy booking. The 50,000-mile offer came up. I hit Apply and an application for a 50,000-mile card came up. So, try it again. All is good.
alohastephen likes this.

Last edited by muji; Jan 5, 2018 at 10:46 pm Reason: information added
Old Aug 31, 2017, 2:37 pm

Programs: BA, AAL, UA, SW, HHonors, UR
Just got instant approval for 50k bonus. I was in the middle of making the dummy reservation when HA's pop-up convinced me to apply for the card. I currently have the Aviator Red card and was recently turned down for an Arrival Plus Card because of excess accounts, otherwise, I'm a normal churner.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 11:02 am

Programs: PC Plat, HHonors Silver
50K bonus offer available until December 31st, 2017

I received an email offer for 50K bonus after $3K spend in the first 90 days. Annual fee is NOT waived.

The link is essentially (after tracking information removed):

https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...&cellNumber=61

Last edited by CreditMadeEZ; Nov 4, 2017 at 11:04 am Reason: Add target to link
Old Nov 17, 2017, 6:47 pm

Churning over for this card ?

The following is in the Terms and Conditions for the personal card :

"Unless otherwise stated in the offer, these bonuses and /or Rewards are intended for persons who are not and have not previously been Hawaiian Airlines MasterCard Cardmembers. You understand and agree that, unless we otherwise state, you are no longer eligible to receive these bonuses and/or Rewards for any new Hawaiian Airlines MasterCard account you open after this Account is opened. If you receive a bonus or Reward for which you are not eligible, we may revoke the bonus or Reward, or reduce your Miles by the amount of the bonus or Reward, or charge your Account for the fair value of the bonus or Reward, at our option."
Old Nov 17, 2017, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would think you'd be OK now because of the words " after this Account is opened". But it does sound like a warning to future churning. Time will tell.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 4:59 pm

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
There might be a 40k offer..with annual fee waived..that might have come out..put my info in to be contacted

https://www.boh.com/apps/hawaiian-ai...AL-40k-1711-HP
Old Dec 3, 2017, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bitachu
There might be a 40k offer..with annual fee waived..that might have come out..put my info in to be contacted

https://www.boh.com/apps/hawaiian-ai...AL-40k-1711-HP
Targeted to those who live in HI? Don't see your info. I think the extra 10K miles is worth >AF.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by philemer
Targeted to those who live in HI? Don't see your info. I think the extra 10K miles is worth >AF.
I guess you have to go in branch to get the no annual fee offer(40k). Yeah the 50k offer with annual free probably worth it..

Old Jan 4, 2018, 1:58 pm

just signed up for the 50k 1k offer..with annual fee by making a fake purchase...so its still avail...didn't get instant approval though...i notice the offer on "my acct" page was 50k for 3k.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.