FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Credit Card Programs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs-599/)
-   -   Hawaiian Airlines (Barclays and B of H banks) Personal/Bus. Card- [Up to 75K] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs/1536636-hawaiian-airlines-barclays-b-h-banks-personal-bus-card-up-75k.html)

philemer Oct 1, 2018 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by Thunderroad (Post 30267447)
This post possibly answers my first question, but I'll ask just in case: Both my wife and I were recently turned down for the business card, with letters saying Barlcays is unable to approve us because "Sufficient credit is available on your account issued by Barclays" etc.

So should we simply call the reconsideration line to move around our Barclays credit? And if so, what is the phone number?

Thanks for any help.

Why not call? All they can do is say no. Try googling Barclays Reconsideration and you'll find the #. I do know I've seen it before on DOC's blog. Not sure where it us on FT.

Thunderroad Oct 1, 2018 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by Tpa-flyer (Post 30083285)
Got approval today for the Barclay HA Biz CC. Applied online and got a Pending status. That was on 8/9/18. Called today to inquire of the status of my app. Learned it had been declined bec Barclay thought they had extended enough credit to me already on the other 4-5 cards I have with them. The reconsideration department rep approved me after we moved some credit around and I should receive the new card in about a week. Happy me......50K miles after first purchase. AF not waived.

Originally Posted by Thunderroad (Post 30267447)
This post possibly answers my first question, but I'll ask just in case: Both my wife and I were recently turned down for the business card, with letters saying Barlcays is unable to approve us because "Sufficient credit is available on your account issued by Barclays" etc.

So should we simply call the reconsideration line to move around our Barclays credit? And if so, what is the phone number?

Thanks for any help.

Originally Posted by philemer (Post 30268181)
Why not call? All they can do is say no. Try googling Barclays Reconsideration and you'll find the #. I do know I've seen it before on DOC's blog. Not sure where it us on FT.

Thanks. You're right, of course. No harm in trying.

Occasionally, though, some new, useful info or advice surfaces in response to a query such as mine. But if it doesn't in the next day or two, I'll try the call and report back.

philemer Oct 1, 2018 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by Thunderroad (Post 30268191)
Thanks. You're right, of course. No harm in trying.

Occasionally, though, some new, useful info or advice surfaces in response to a query such as mine. But if it doesn't in the next day or two, I'll try the call and report back.

What are the Credit Lines on your other Barclay cards? And how many do you have?

Thunderroad Oct 1, 2018 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by philemer (Post 30268200)
What are the Credit Lines on your other Barclay cards? And how many do you have?

Good question. I believe it's only one with a fairly small credit line, but will certainly check on this before calling. Thanks again.

philemer Oct 1, 2018 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by Thunderroad (Post 30268243)
Good question. I believe it's only one with a fairly small credit line, but will certainly check on this before calling. Thanks again.

You said above:
So should we simply call the reconsideration line to move around our Barclays credit?

I'm confused. If you only have a small CL how is Barclays going to move anything around? There is nothing to move around. It sounds like Barclays has issued you all the credit they want to. That's my guess. You can call but it doesn't look good. Let us know what happens.

Splittin' Aces Oct 2, 2018 5:50 pm

FWIW - The number I used for Barclays a few years ago was 866-369-1283. Not sure if it is still valid though.

Thunderroad Oct 30, 2018 4:04 am

Originally Posted by philemer (Post 30268943)
You said above:
So should we simply call the reconsideration line to move around our Barclays credit?

I'm confused. If you only have a small CL how is Barclays going to move anything around? There is nothing to move around. It sounds like Barclays has issued you all the credit they want to. That's my guess. You can call but it doesn't look good. Let us know what happens.

Belatedly getting back to update. I'd forgotten that I had three Barclays cards and that they had more credit than I assumed, so I was able to move credit around and get the card. Thanks for the help.

philemer Jan 11, 2019 10:48 pm

60K promo with 1st charge

Inflight promo offer: 60K miles with only 1 charge! :) Need to get app. from a FA.

diver858 Feb 22, 2019 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by philemer (Post 30073020)
Good reminder.

Just attempted a mock reservation for the $1k spend online application, link claimed offer is no longer available.

diver858 Feb 22, 2019 12:17 pm

Existing AA Aviator card member, instant online approval for HA card.

ginmqi Feb 22, 2019 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by philemer (Post 30644160)
Inflight promo offer: 60K miles with only 1 charge! :) Need to get app. from a FA.

Yeah was on a flight from OGG to HNL. Can confirm this

They are REALLY trying to get ppl to sign up for this card, lol

sddjd Mar 14, 2019 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by diver858 (Post 30810355)
Existing AA Aviator card member, instant online approval for HA card.

Oddly, same here (Aviator holder from five years back, only Barclays card) and declined by the automated system....

msp3 Mar 20, 2019 5:47 am

No interest in the Bank of Hawaii 75k (after 6k spend) offer? Got me to come back for a 3rd go around...

https://boh.com/landing-pages/hawaii...s-campaign.asp

The card designs are so beautiful and vivid now compared to the old ones. If you happen to be on Oahu during a particular time each month HA sponsors an arts/fashion/food truck event "Night Market" in the Kakaako neighborhood with discounts for cardholders

Jonesdds May 11, 2019 6:57 pm

Anyone applied for business card offer? 70k. My interest is in if counts against 5/24, as its business. Anyone know? It’s brand new so maybe early to ask....

philemer May 12, 2019 9:16 am

new 70K mile offer on Business card

Originally Posted by Jonesdds (Post 31091661)
Anyone applied for business card offer? 70k. My interest is in if counts against 5/24, as its business. Anyone know? It’s brand new so maybe early to ask....

The offer of 70K miles is new but the card is not. Barclay does NOT report biz cards to the credit bureaus. See: https://www.doctorofcredit.com/which...-cards-report/