FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Credit Card Programs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs-599/)
-   -   Hawaiian Airlines (Barclays and B of H banks) Personal/Bus. Card- [Up to 75K] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs/1536636-hawaiian-airlines-barclays-b-h-banks-personal-bus-card-up-75k.html)

aeneas3 Jan 1, 2014 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by philemer (Post 22063762)
I think you have to buy a ticket to get 50% companion's ticket.

Also, the Bank of Hawaii card apps are still dead.

yup thanks that is what the kid is for ;)

so I doubt I will get the miles, etc within enough time to book for April.

but...
it looks like miles expire after 18 months of inactivity and the search miles count as activity.

aeneas3 Jan 1, 2014 5:54 pm

wife applied.
figured we should get the 50% coupon in time at the very least to get 50% off one of our fares. So will be worth it. If I can turn around and use the miles on the other flight, awesome. if not, I can keep the account open and active :)

patrick.barnes Jan 1, 2014 6:53 pm

Nice. First Barclays card with EMV. I wonder if they decided on Sig or PIN!

maddie5218 Jan 1, 2014 7:54 pm

is anybody seeing any offers that waive the fee the first year?

LoneTree Jan 1, 2014 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by patrick.barnes (Post 22064676)
Nice. First Barclays card with EMV. I wonder if they decided on Sig or PIN!

We need someone to call in on Thursday to apply and ask!

infamousdx Jan 1, 2014 8:45 pm

The ShareMiles feature seems REALLY good. Basically free pooling of all HA miles.

You must have a current email address on file within your HawaiianMiles account to receive Miles transferred with the ShareMiles program.
Hawaiian Airlines MasterCard Cardmembers may receive miles transferred from friends and family up to a maximum of ten (10) times per calendar year.
The Miles transferer must be a current HawaiianMiles account holder and may perform an unlimited amount of transfer transactions using the ShareMiles program.
There are no transaction fees for Miles transfers, no charges per mile, or no minimum or maximum number of Miles transferred for cardmembers.
Full terms and conditions for the sharing of HawaiianMiles are available at HawaiianAirlines.com/HawaiianMiles/terms-and-conditions/.

patrick.barnes Jan 1, 2014 9:22 pm

I wonder if the new VX card will be a Barclays WEMC. :)

Nick92 Jan 1, 2014 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by patrick.barnes (Post 22065333)
I wonder if the new VX card will be a Barclays WEMC. :)

The new VX card will be issued by a new bank :D

kdjk5467 Jan 2, 2014 12:13 pm

Since I'm in Chicago and HA does not have flights from here, would I still have a chance at CoachSaver/20,000 mile tickets? Or do I need to look at the partner rates?

Never had a Barclay's card before. Just to confirm what I think I've heard before, I wouldn't get both personal and business miles from this offer? I really want to like this card, as the main reason I like miles is to get to HI, but if there are only the second tier (30,000 mile) tix available, this would not be to great.

kebosabi Jan 2, 2014 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by LoneTree (Post 22065014)
We need someone to call in on Thursday to apply and ask!

Hopefully Barclays puts up a webpage of their decision so we know it's a valid source than something vague as "the outsourced CSR agent most likely in Bangalore told me that..."

LoneTree Jan 2, 2014 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by kebosabi (Post 22069287)
Hopefully Barclays puts up a webpage of their decision so we know it's a valid source than something vague as "the outsourced CSR agent most likely in Bangalore told me that..."

Agreed. But I'm thinking we're going to have to wait until someone physically has one. Too bad I've burned off my Barclay inquiries for a bit.

arlflyer Jan 2, 2014 1:35 pm

Picked up this one today. 70k hhonors points aren't what they used to be, but I can still get good value out of them - European properties and cash + points stays. Beggars can't be choosers.

pkoo Jan 2, 2014 1:37 pm

Both EMV cards are chip + signature

LoneTree Jan 2, 2014 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by pkoo (Post 22069823)
Both EMV cards are chip + signature

Source?

mnscout Jan 2, 2014 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by maddie5218 (Post 22064984)
is anybody seeing any offers that waive the fee the first year?

No, and Hawaiian cards have never waived the fee.