Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Hawaiian Airlines (Barclays) Personal/Bus. Card- [50K eff. 7/11/18]

Hawaiian Airlines (Barclays) Personal/Bus. Card- [50K eff. 7/11/18]

    Hide Wikipost
Old Aug 10, 18, 12:27 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: muji
Wiki Link
Personal card

50,000-mile offer $89 annual fee (not waived), no foreign transaction fees, $3,000 minimum spend:
https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...180720152205:s


35,000-mile offer; $89 annual fee (not waived), no foreign transaction fees, $1,000 minimum spend:
https://home.barclaycardus.com/cards...astercard.html


50,000-mile offer; $89 annual fee (not waived), no foreign transaction fees, $1,000 minimum spend:
You can make a mock booking on the HA website and when you get to the payment screen check that you are paying with a credit card and the 50K offer will pop up.This mock-booking process still works as of 8/10/18.


50,000-milecard applications (with a pre-filled-in "in-flight-validation code") are also available on Hawaiian Airlines flights.
__________________________________________________ ______________

Business card
35,000-mile (after first spend) offer; $89 annual fee (not waived), no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.hawaiianairlinesbusiness...oup=&location=
__________________________________________________ _____________

Redeeming awards on Hawaiian chart
http://hawaiianair.custhelp.com/app/...-award-flights

Redeeming awards on partner airlines chart
(ANA, Korean, jetBlue, Virgin America, Virgin Atlantic, Virgin Australia)
http://hawaiianair.custhelp.com/app/...rtner-airlines

__________________________________________________ ____
Print Wikipost

Reply

Old Aug 20, 16, 6:44 pm
  #181  
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 1
Is there any way to get the 50,000 offer for the business version of the card?
bearaspirator is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 16, 11:43 pm
  #182  
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SEA
Posts: 2,263
Originally Posted by bearaspirator View Post
Is there any way to get the 50,000 offer for the business version of the card?
I don't recall the Barclays-issued HA business version ever being with a 50k bonus.

Barclays has never approved me for the business version. (I've tried for it about once a year over the past few years.)
Perhaps they don't give out business cards as easily as some other banks do.
muji is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 16, 11:11 am
  #183  
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,145
Is it possible to get an Arrival+ and a Hawaiian card on the same day from Barclays? And if so, are the pulls normally combined?
Superorb is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 16, 6:33 pm
  #184  
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: HNL
Posts: 71
I keep seeing mentions that barclays business cards show up on personal credit reports, but I applied for the HA biz 60 days ago, have had 2 statements close, and no mention of it anywhere on any report as a new account. Anyone actually see barclay biz on your report?

Originally Posted by Superorb View Post
Is it possible to get an Arrival+ and a Hawaiian card on the same day from Barclays? And if so, are the pulls normally combined?
technically, yes. Will it happen? I think barclay is pretty stingy. I tried for the HA biz, first, then arrival+ same day. Instant approve HA biz, had to call in on arrival, got denied. Rep asked me why I had applied for so many cards lately (not that many, like 5 in the last year). So didn't hurt to apply, but I couldn't make it happen. So ymmv.
jeffersun is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 16, 8:35 am
  #185  
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 25
Is the 50k offer still available for you guys via mock booking? I tried and couldn't get it.
gakgx6 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 16, 7:23 pm
  #186  
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SEA
Posts: 2,263
Originally Posted by gakgx6 View Post
Is the 50k offer still available for you guys via mock booking? I tried and couldn't get it.
If the offer did not pop up, then it may well have been phased out by now.
muji is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 16, 10:01 am
  #187  
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 164
Auto approved for the 50K offer via booking.
walterj is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 16, 1:45 pm
  #188  
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 706
Originally Posted by gakgx6 View Post
Is the 50k offer still available for you guys via mock booking? I tried and couldn't get it.
do you have a card currently open with them?
g8trgr8t is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 16, 9:26 am
  #189  
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: SFO
Posts: 2,282
Originally Posted by gakgx6 View Post
Is the 50k offer still available for you guys via mock booking? I tried and couldn't get it.
I know the 50k offer paper app is available during flight. Will be flying Hawaiian tomorrow...want me to grab you one? PM me.
Troopers is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 16, 10:20 am
  #190  
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 164
Originally Posted by Troopers View Post
I know the 50k offer paper app is available during flight. Will be flying Hawaiian tomorrow...want me to grab you one? PM me.
Last year, I applied using the paper application from an Hawaiian flight, I didn't fill it out during the flight, I mailed it in later. I never got any response. I would suggest better results from either filling it out during the flight or using the booking method.

For those who have trouble getting the offer to appear via the booking method, try booking an international flight.
walterj is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 16, 10:32 am
  #191  
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,145
Originally Posted by walterj View Post
Last year, I applied using the paper application from an Hawaiian flight, I didn't fill it out during the flight, I mailed it in later. I never got any response. I would suggest better results from either filling it out during the flight or using the booking method.

For those who have trouble getting the offer to appear via the booking method, try booking an international flight.
So you fill out a document with your address, work info, SS#, basically everything for someone to steal your identity and then hand it to a total stranger. why would anybody ever think that's a good idea?
Superorb is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 16, 5:17 pm
  #192  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: WAS
Programs: Lotz
Posts: 1,401
Just got my first turn-down from Barclays. I have gotten 4 personals this year including the Hawaiian personal. I applied for the business card at the same time and after a few weeks of "reconfirming" I got a denial today for "too many recent credit cards opened".

Barclays is tighter than it used to be.
tassojunior is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 16, 2:15 pm
  #193  
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: SFO
Posts: 2,282
Originally Posted by walterj View Post
Last year, I applied using the paper application from an Hawaiian flight, I didn't fill it out during the flight, I mailed it in later. I never got any response. I would suggest better results from either filling it out during the flight or using the booking method.
I grabbed an in-flight app. Noticed a inflight validation code filled out by hand; never noticed that previously.
Troopers is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 16, 8:49 pm
  #194  
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 164
Originally Posted by Troopers View Post
I grabbed an in-flight app. Noticed a inflight validation code filled out by hand; never noticed that previously.
I think the airline FAs get compensated for successful applications. Last year, I got two applications on a flight with different codes, different handwriting on each one. I think the FAs share the rewards, each application form has a different FA's code.
walterj is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 16, 1:38 am
  #195  
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 2
Originally Posted by tassojunior View Post
Just got my first turn-down from Barclays. I have gotten 4 personals this year including the Hawaiian personal. I applied for the business card at the same time and after a few weeks of "reconfirming" I got a denial today for "too many recent credit cards opened".

Barclays is tighter than it used to be.
Same here. Just be sure to app Barclays first the next go round.
anonymousjoe is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread