Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Hawaiian Airlines (Barclays and B of H banks) Personal/Bus. Card- [Up to 75K]

Old Oct 11, 2015, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Personal card:
60,000 mile offer $99 AF (not waived), no FTF, $2000 min. spend: https://cards.barclaycardus.com/bank...te-mastercard/

60,000-milecard applications (with a pre-filled-in "in-flight-validation code") are also available on Hawaiian Airlines flights.
__________________________________________________ ______________

Business card [updated 3/9/24]
60K miles after $2000 spend + 10K miles after an employee purchase on his/her card; $99 annual fee (not waived), no foreign transaction fees:
https://cards.barclaycardus.com/bank...ss-mastercard/
__________________________________________________ _____________

Redeeming awards on Hawaiian chart
http://hawaiianair.custhelp.com/app/...-award-flights

Redeeming awards on partner airlines chart
(ANA, Korean, jetBlue, Virgin America, Virgin Atlantic, Virgin Australia)
http://hawaiianair.custhelp.com/app/...rtner-airlines

Recon phone # 866-205-5973

__________________________________________________ ____

Print Wikipost

Hawaiian Airlines (Barclays and B of H banks) Personal/Bus. Card- [Up to 75K]

Old Jul 5, 2016, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by qazwsx
Was anyone able to churn this card? Do we have to cancel one card to get another card?
...may not be available if you already have or have had an account with us.
It's definitely possible to get this card again even if you have had it previously.
As to whether or not you can get a second personal Hawaiian card while already having a personal Hawaiian account open with them,
I don't think that is possible.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 1:42 pm

Programs: Whatever you have, I have too.
Originally Posted by muji
Tpa-flyer, are your two cards personal cards (not one personal, one business)?
I didn't think that Barclays would allow someone to get a second personal HA card if they already had one open.
Yes, both of mine are personal accounts. I have no idea why, at the time, I was approved for a second one and question if the climate at Barclay's would mirror that now. At the time of application for the second card, I had no other Barclay's cards except the first HA one. I do now have additional Barclay's cards so it'll be interesting to see what happens down the road when I try again to apply for and get another HA.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by Tpa-flyer
Yes, both of mine are personal accounts. I have no idea why, at the time, I was approved for a second one and question if the climate at Barclay's would mirror that now.
A few years back Barclays allowed for having more than one of their US Airways personal cards open at the same time; perhaps you got your two HA cards way back then.

Good luck with your application for a second HA card, and be sure to report back.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 11:09 pm

Programs: Whatever you have, I have too.
A few years back Barclays allowed for having more than one of their US Airways personal cards open at the same time; perhaps you got your two HA cards way back then.

Good luck with your application for a second HA card, and be sure to report back.
Thanks, and when the time comes, I will update here the outcome. I did get my HA cards "way back then," so it's highly likely the timing was right, and lucky for me. Since then, I've applied for and gotten approved for several Barclay cc's, but as it happens, it's the HA ones that I use more than the others.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 1:26 am

Can anyone apply for this card? And how would I cash out these miles?
Old Jul 8, 2016, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by amexha
Can anyone apply for this card?
And how would I cash out these miles?
Yes.

If you don't use the miles for an award on Hawaiian, you could transfer them to Hilton.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 9:57 am
Suspended

Yes.

If you don't use the miles for an award on Hawaiian, you could transfer them to Hilton.
At a 1.5 ratio which isn't bad. Definitely how I use them.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by TMM1982
At a 1.5 ratio which isn't bad. Definitely how I use them.
If that's how people use them than it's not such a good offer.
Old Jul 9, 2016, 12:11 am
Suspended

It is if you're saving Hilton points for the Conrad Maldives
Old Jul 9, 2016, 10:43 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Or the Grand Wailea, or the Conrad Tokyo, or the ...........
Old Jul 9, 2016, 6:44 pm

I use the miles for flights.
The cost in miles varies according to the date. Good deals can be had.

http://hawaiianair.custhelp.com/app/.../award%20chart
Old Jul 22, 2016, 5:29 pm

Applied for this card 2 months ago and was approved instantly. My 2nd statement closed on July 10 and I was supposedly earned the 50K bonus points plus the points on the charges I made last month. But as of today, neither points are showing in my account. I contacted Barclay via secured message a week ago and was told the points earned last month will post in 10 business days or so and the 50K bonus points will take 6-8weeks. Did anyone experience the same? Thx.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 9:51 am

I wonder if there is an issue with July 10th statements. Same thing happening with husbands acct. Mine closed on July 15th, later than his, and my points already posted in my Hawaiian account. I also messaged, they said it could take up to 30 days for all points to appear. Also, no points posted, bonus or otherwise.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by Blackshag
I wonder if there is an issue with July 10th statements. Same thing happening with husbands acct. Mine closed on July 15th, later than his, and my points already posted in my Hawaiian account. I also messaged, they said it could take up to 30 days for all points to appear. Also, no points posted, bonus or otherwise.
I called Barclay and was told that they had sent the points over and they suggested me to call Hawaiian Airline, so I did. The HA agent told me they are aware of the problem and their reward department is working with the bank to have the file resent to the airline, but they don't know when this will be resolved.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 9:13 am

It's definitely possible to get this card again even if you have had it previously.
As to whether or not you can get a second personal Hawaiian card while already having a personal Hawaiian account open with them,
I don't think that is possible.
what would be a good time to wait after you cancel the first one before applying for the second one? I cancelled the first one last week and I see the 50k offer when I go through the fake booking process but am hesitant to pull the trigger without allowing sufficient time to insure that I am eligible for the new bonus..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.