Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Hawaiian Airlines (Barclays and B of H banks) Personal/Bus. Card- [Up to 75K]

Old Oct 11, 2015, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Personal card:
60,000 mile offer $99 AF (not waived), no FTF, $2000 min. spend: https://cards.barclaycardus.com/bank...te-mastercard/

60,000-milecard applications (with a pre-filled-in "in-flight-validation code") are also available on Hawaiian Airlines flights.
__________________________________________________ ______________

Business card [updated 3/9/24]
60K miles after $2000 spend + 10K miles after an employee purchase on his/her card; $99 annual fee (not waived), no foreign transaction fees:
https://cards.barclaycardus.com/bank...ss-mastercard/
__________________________________________________ _____________

Redeeming awards on Hawaiian chart
http://hawaiianair.custhelp.com/app/...-award-flights

Redeeming awards on partner airlines chart
(ANA, Korean, jetBlue, Virgin America, Virgin Atlantic, Virgin Australia)
http://hawaiianair.custhelp.com/app/...rtner-airlines

Recon phone # 866-205-5973

__________________________________________________ ____

Print Wikipost

Hawaiian Airlines (Barclays and B of H banks) Personal/Bus. Card- [Up to 75K]

Old Feb 15, 2014, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by miles_navigator
Does anyone know if the business card will post miles in a separate HA frequent flyer account from the personal one (like the old BofA cards)?
Has anyone yet found the answer to this?
Old Feb 18, 2014, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by muji
Has anyone yet found the answer to this?
Curious myself. I was actually successful in getting a HA rep to transfer my miles from my new account created for the prior BoA Business card to my personal miles account. They were very helpful, but the agent did say she was making an exception to move it. My friend tried to do the same thing but with no luck. I don't think was stop me from applying for the business card again, but sure would be nice to not have to bother with that.

As a side note, I was able to get someone to respond to me after sending them a message to HA's Facebook account.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 8:13 pm

Programs: AA Citi Visa and Amex, Citi AA Biz, SPG, Amex Green, Zync, Discover It (Starbucks Gold) HHonors Gold
Got an email today from Hawaiian Airlines and it appears that my BOA/BOH card is being converted to the Barclays card in April. I wonder if this is a true conversion and my FIA/BOH will close or will this be an additional card? Hopefully the former.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by texasguy77
Got an email today from Hawaiian Airlines and it appears that my BOA/BOH card is being converted to the Barclays card in April. I wonder if this is a true conversion and my FIA/BOH will close or will this be an additional card? Hopefully the former.
Best to cancel the FIA cards before then to more easily get a Barclay's signup bonus?
Old Feb 20, 2014, 9:05 am

Programs: AA GLD 1.xMM, MAR SLV, HH DMND, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by orbit1
With the BoA card the max miles for North America to Hawaii was 35000. Can't find anything about that in the T&C for Barclays. Anyone know? I've tweeted Barclays to ask.
Once the Barclay's card links to your account you will see the 17.5K one way flights again. Note, this is the minimum number of miles (low/saver inventory) and is usually available ~ 11 months or so out.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 9:10 am

Programs: AA GLD 1.xMM, MAR SLV, HH DMND, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by apollo_creed
Does anyone have an idea of how the free checked bag works if you book with miles?

The fine print says "All ticket purchases (original and exchanges) must be made with the Hawaiian Airlines World Elite MasterCard premium product and purchased directly from Hawaiian Airlines," so I figure using the card to pay the taxes qualifies, correct?
I bought a miles ticket using another credit card (before Barclay's came out). Even though the Barclays card was linked to my account the computer wouldn't let me get 1 free checked bag (maybe because of the terms you cut and pasted above).

I checked in the old fashioned way in JFK and one agent new about the card and waived the bag fees for me. The original check in agent was clueless so I'd take a print out of the card glossy which says free checked bag.

I assume if you pay for the miles ticket tax with the Barclay's card then take the glossy ad along with you just in case they want to charge you.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by texasguy77
I got the same e-mail today. I called Hawaiin Airlines miles program and they said the following:
-My two existing BOA Hawaiin airlines credit cards (personal & business) will remain active even after I receive the new personal credit card. They won't be cancelled unless I want to.
-I will receive an e-mail once the personal credit card is mailed AND I will be eligible to receive the 35,000 bonus miles once I spend $1,000 in 90 days
-There will be a business version in the future but it is not known yet when.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by Tr60
I got the same e-mail today. I called Hawaiin Airlines miles program and they said the following:
-My two existing BOA Hawaiin airlines credit cards (personal & business) will remain active even after I receive the new personal credit card. They won't be cancelled unless I want to.
-I will receive an e-mail once the personal credit card is mailed AND I will be eligible to receive the 35,000 bonus miles once I spend $1,000 in 90 days
-There will be a business version in the future but it is not known yet when.
Has anyone else received this info? I got the BOA and FIA cards last March. I just received the email too. I thought I should cancel both of them so i could apply for the new Barclay's card and get the sign up bonus. This sounds like I can get the bonus if I just sit on the cards? Both, or just one?
Old Mar 6, 2014, 5:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, M life Noir
Anyone else apply for this credit card, using your existing HA FF# on the app, and still get the credit card with an entirely new, different HA FF# attached to it? What a PITFA.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 3:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by bribro
Anyone else apply for this credit card, using your existing HA FF# on the app, and still get the credit card with an entirely new, different HA FF# attached to it? What a PITFA.
Not sure yet. Was put on the 'waitlist' and will call the recon line in the next day or two.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by miles_navigator
Does anyone know if the business card will post miles in a separate HA frequent flyer account from the personal one (like the old BofA cards)?
Originally Posted by ATekk
Curious myself...I don't think was stop me from applying for the business card again, but sure would be nice to not have to bother with that.
Since Barclays just recently began issuing the personal HA and business HA cards, we'll have to wait at least another month or so to see if anyone is encountering the same separate-accounts problem faced by those who had both personal and business HA cards from BofA.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by bribro
Yes this just happened today.
I called the # on the back of the card and the guy had no idea what I was talking about. Gonna call back tomorrow and talk to someone else.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by apollo_creed
Yes this just happened today.
I called the # on the back of the card and the guy had no idea what I was talking about. Gonna call back tomorrow and talk to someone else.
I've now made about 10 phone calls to Barclays and HawaiianMiles trying to fix this issue, and have spoken to 10 different people in the process. Everyone is pretty much clueless, but from what I've gathered once Barclays issues a HA FF# for you, even if you specified an existing HA FF# on your CC application, it can never be changed. They tried to change it three times for me, but it apparently reverts back to the original FF#. I now have four HA CCs with the same, incorrect FF# on them.

As a workaround, I tried to see if HawaiianMiles could merge my old, existing FF# into the new one that Barclay's generated for me. No dice. I'm being told that HawaiianMiles accounts cannot be merged; the only "solution" is to transfer the miles to the new FF# and use that account from now on. So I'll have to use this new FF#, and have my separate, older FF# lay dormant with all my flight history, member since date, etc.

As compensation for wasting at least two hours of my time, Barclays did offer to waive the $89 AF for me. I'd rather have that time back though.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 6:17 pm

After being on a 45 minute three-way conference call between me, Barclays, and HawaiianMiles, they accidentally (I hope) dropped my call just as the HawaiianMiles agent said he may have a solution. Of course, no one brothered to call me back. I give up. I'll have to live with the shame of having duplicate HA FF#s.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 7:19 pm

Barclays directed me to call Hawaiian. After being routed through the call-tree I ended up talking to a guy who said I should pick between the two numbers so I picked the one on the card rather than my old one, and he said he would merge over the old information. About a minute later when I logged into the new # my name and address stuff was there along with my old miles.

Not sure about trip history, I don't know where to check for that.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.