Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Hawaiian Airlines (Barclays and B of H banks) Personal/Bus. Card- [Up to 75K]

Old Oct 11, 2015, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Personal card:
60,000 mile offer $99 AF (not waived), no FTF, $2000 min. spend: https://cards.barclaycardus.com/bank...te-mastercard/

60,000-milecard applications (with a pre-filled-in "in-flight-validation code") are also available on Hawaiian Airlines flights.
__________________________________________________ ______________

Business card [updated 3/9/24]
70K Total:

60K miles after $2000 spend + 10K miles after an employee purchase on his/her card; $99 annual fee (not waived), no foreign transaction fees:
https://cards.barclaycardus.com/bank...ss-mastercard/
__________________________________________________ _____________

Redeeming awards on Hawaiian chart
http://hawaiianair.custhelp.com/app/...-award-flights

Redeeming awards on partner airlines chart
(ANA, Korean, jetBlue, Virgin America, Virgin Atlantic, Virgin Australia)
http://hawaiianair.custhelp.com/app/...rtner-airlines

Recon phone # 866-205-5973

__________________________________________________ ____

Print Wikipost

Hawaiian Airlines (Barclays and B of H banks) Personal/Bus. Card- [Up to 75K]

Old Feb 21, 2017, 8:10 am

50k offer still working

The 50k miles offer for spending $1,000 within 90 days is still working as of 2/16/17, when you go through the booking process on Hawaiian's website. I applied for and was approved for the card on 2/16 - you don't actually need to book a ticket at that time.
Old Mar 4, 2017, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by soccer17
The 50k miles offer...is still working as of 2/16/17, when you go through the booking process on Hawaiian's website.
In addition to getting the 50k offer via going through the booking process, 50k-mile card applications (with a pre-filled-in "in-flight-validation code) are available on Hawaiian Airlines flights.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 10:33 am

Should I get the Hawaiian Airlines credit card?

I am wondering if getting the Hawaiian Airlines credit card is the best option for this scenario or if we should wait to get that credit card for another Hawaii trip.
  • Family of 3 (two adults, one child age 7)
  • Flying from Las Vegas
  • to Hawaii - Maui
  • August 2017
  • excellent credit, will easily get the card
  • already have AA credit card with 36000 unused miles available
  • already have Capital One Venture but used initial bonus miles
  • earned companion pass on Southwest (only relevant if it's cheaper to fly SW to LA and then another airline to HI)

Goal is to get the lowest cost flight possible. Not too interested in upgrades.

Suggestions?

Last edited by TayoBus; Mar 19, 2017 at 10:46 am
Old Mar 19, 2017, 12:33 pm

If you do choose to get the Hawaiian Airlines credit card (with its normal 35,000 miles bonus), please note that you can get a better offer by making a mock booking on the HA website.

When you get to the payment screen, select that you will be paying with a credit card (you don't need to complete the mock booking) and a 50,000-mile offer will pop up.

Edited to add: You and your wife could each get the card, and your child could use the "50% Off companion discount".

Note: Often, but depending on the season and actual dates, you can get a roundtrip in coach for just 50,000 miles. And even if the number of miles required is a bit higher, you can pay with miles + cash.

Last edited by muji; Mar 19, 2017 at 3:48 pm
Old Mar 19, 2017, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by TayoBus
I am wondering if getting the Hawaiian Airlines credit card is the best option for this scenario or if we should wait to get that credit card for another Hawaii trip.....

Goal is to get the lowest cost flight possible. Not too interested in upgrades.

Suggestions?

Sometimes the lowest "cost" is cash. But I'd also suggest both you and your DW getting the HA card. Also, ck. kayak or orbitz for best routings.
[Edit: See wiki for 50K mile offer.]

Last edited by philemer; Mar 20, 2017 at 9:41 pm Reason: add info
Old Mar 24, 2017, 8:25 am

Well I just went through the process to get the 50,000 points offer and unfortunately after doing the application I received a notice:

Barclacard
We apologize for the inconvenience, but our website is experiencing technical issues.
Please contact us at 1-866-750-6024

So, no Hawaiian Airlines card for me today.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 7:44 pm

Well I just went through the process to get the 50,000 points offer...received a notice: We apologize for the inconvenience, but our website is experiencing technical issues.
Have you tried that application process again?
It might have simply been a technical issue at the time you went through the process.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 8:27 pm

our website is experiencing technical issues
Just as I suspected - it was a temporary glitch.

To see what was up, I went thorough the booking process and the 50k offer popped right up.
Since it was right there in front of me, I thought I'd give it a shot - I applied, and got approved.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 12:01 am

cancelled my HA card about a week ago. 2 days ago received a letter stating my account is cancelled. Today, received a brand new card for my cancelled account. Haven't called about it yet but w t f?? haha
Old Apr 11, 2017, 11:28 am

Any DPs on when Hawaiian Air Biz signup bonus posts? Fine print says bonus will post 4-6 weeks after close of statement. Does it really take that long?
Old Apr 17, 2017, 1:34 am

Originally Posted by gilbyrocks
Any DPs on when Hawaiian Air Biz signup bonus posts? Fine print says bonus will post 4-6 weeks after close of statement. Does it really take that long?
applied 7/1, first purchase 7/9, points posted 7/22 which is when my first statement closed.
Old May 27, 2017, 10:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Can't find link to 50K BIZ card

Is the 50K HA BIZ card no longer available? I made a fake HA booking and was only offered the app. for the 50K personal HA card. Barclaycardus.com doesn't show it either. Anyone see it? 35K Biz card link: https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...rid=PTRBANBCPG

Last edited by philemer; May 27, 2017 at 10:19 pm
Old May 28, 2017, 12:33 am

Originally Posted by philemer
Is the 50K HA BIZ card no longer available? I made a fake HA booking and was only offered the app. for the 50K personal HA card. Barclaycardus.com doesn't show it either. Anyone see it? 35K Biz card link: https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...rid=PTRBANBCPG
I've never heard of a 50k offer offer for the biz card, it's always been 35k since I've been paying attention.
Old May 28, 2017, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jeffersun
I've never heard of a 50k offer offer for the biz card, it's always been 35k since I've been paying attention.
Mahalo for the info.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 10:15 am

Programs: Whatever you have, I have too.
deleted

Last edited by Tpa-flyer; Jun 22, 2017 at 9:24 am Reason: too long

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.