Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Discover itŪ card - $150 after $750 spend ($187.50 possible)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2013, 7:47 am
Original Poster

There have been a series of new offers for the Discover itŪ card in the past few days ranging from a $75 bonus up to, now, $150 cash back when you make $750 in purchases during your 1st three months from account opening.

You can also layer in the Discover 5% bonus category for Q4 2013, which is all online shopping, for up to $1500 in spend. So your initial $750 spend, if done online, will net you another $37.50 in cash back, bringing your total cash back to $187.50 (i.e. 25x).

Being the holiday season, etc., if you go ahead and do another $750 in online shopping (i.e. total $1500 in online spend), then your total cash back for $1500 in spend would be $225.

https://www.discovercard.com/cardmem...ngsite&sc=KCV6
Old Nov 5, 2013, 8:28 am

Hmmm, $150 on $750 spend is a pretty good deal. I just applied for three cards last week, though.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 7:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AdamAlias
Hmmm, $150 on $750 spend is a pretty good deal. I just applied for three cards last week, though.
Yeah, there are bigger sign-up bonuses to go after before this one for sure (e.g. Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard, Southwest Visa, etc.). The thing to be said for this one is that it's about as good as Discover gets, the initial spend requirement is easy, and, of course, you get immediately usable cash as the reward.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 8:44 am

Programs: HH Gold-IHG Plat
Originally Posted by joelmeu
Yeah, there are bigger sign-up bonuses to go after before this one for sure (e.g. Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard, Southwest Visa, etc.). immediately usable cash as the reward.
Yeah the good thing is there is NO AF for the Discover, whereas the Barclay and Southwest have AF (although they are waived)
Old May 11, 2014, 3:26 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Does anyone know if this offer can be stacked with the referral "$50 bonus after your first purchase" offers that frequently appear in the referral sticky?
Old May 11, 2014, 4:16 pm
Formerly known as FTRox87

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
try it, let us know!
Old May 11, 2014, 4:42 pm

Can't be stacked with that offer. But if you redeem your cashback with Lands End cards you can add 25% and use them to purchase gift cards at Sears.

Last edited by mrmandel; May 11, 2014 at 9:01 pm
Old May 11, 2014, 4:56 pm

just out of curiosity, does anyone know if this (or Discover in general) are churnable? If so, how long you have to wait since having last had the card?

If anyone has any data or experience on this, would be appreciated. I know the rules at all the other card issuers, but since discover is a small player, they aren't talked about very often. Thanks
Old Aug 17, 2014, 1:28 am

This was the first thread I could find about this card.

I'm having a heck of a time shuffling funds via VGC to this card. I have some CC debt that I want to shuffle to this card to take advantage of the 0% for 15 mo offer. I made one $2500 purchase and since then every large purchase $500+ from Kroger or cvs has been declined. I understand the whole "slow and steady" and ramp up slowly techniques, but this is a card I'm not too worried about losing if any AA were to occur. All larger transactions are immediately declined. I have been on the phone numerous times with fraud, CS and managers to resolve the issue. Anyone else have these issues?

The manager tonight even told me that fraud charges are flagged based on spending habits. I told him I cannot establish spending habits because they are constantly declined!! So frustrating.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 9:36 am

Programs: AA, TY, UR, UA, US, WN, MR, SPG
Been wanting a Discover card for a while for the no AF, no FTF, and ShopDiscover access. Might just pull the trigger on this one.

edit: be careful. when you click the Apply Now button, it routes you back to the same page, but without the $150 offer showing. If you click Apply Now again, the Terms and Conditions do not show the $150 credit under rewards. I won't be applying via this link.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.