Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

FICO to start offering free credit scores

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FICO to start offering free credit scores

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2013, 6:14 pm

Programs: BA, AA, United
My FICO shows 805 with 5 cards opened just 4-5 weeks back.

I got a US bank Club carlson during my recent AOR and Experian shows 736. I have about 10 hard pulls from experian in the last 9 months, maybe that's why.

Weird, how there is such a huge difference in the score. Wish more banks pull from TU

Originally Posted by riversidetom
yep worked for me.

788 with 10 new CC's opened in the last 4 months.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 8:10 pm

727 which is higher by almost 20 points vs what discover use, so seems v08 don't penalize as much for high utilization and number of inq- both which I have now
Old Nov 4, 2013, 10:42 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards
thanks was able to log into my nfl visa card and view the fico score
Old Nov 5, 2013, 6:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Too many to list
Wow. Wife has a TU score of 809. Time to apply for another Barclay card.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 7:36 pm

That link didn't work for me on my US Airways card. Any other way to try to find it?
Old Nov 5, 2013, 7:37 pm

Everyone seems to have a higher score from Barclays than they expected, myself included. Anyone know why this is?
Old Nov 5, 2013, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thumbs up FICO score history coming at Barclays

It worked for me at Barclays (I have 3 credit cards with them, a BW hotel cards I've had for many years, a Choice hotel card I've had since it moved to Barclays from BofA a couple [?] years ago, and a US Airways card I got earlier this year). I used the link above, which asked for my username, then it gave me my site key, then I gave it my password, and there it was. They told me 824 instantly, which is better than I expected, but then I only got a different kind of score (Experian?) last about half a year ago, and that jumped around between 730 and 770 over the course of the month or so that I had access to it (through a time-limited Wells Fargo promotion).

But the thing of most interest to other is that there's a tab marked Your FICO® Score history, and when I click on that it says:
Your FICO® Score history will be available 3 months after your acceptance of the FICO® Score Access Terms and Conditions.
That sounds like it'll be useful for tracking changes due to apps, utiltization, cancellations, credit limit adjustments, etc.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 7:58 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Originally Posted by dangw20
Everyone seems to have a higher score from Barclays than they expected, myself included. Anyone know why this is?
My score was about what I expected. My TU score thru Barclay's was just 9 points higher than my TU FAKO score via Credit Karma. 9 points is virtually nothing for a discrepancy.
Now I can get my TU regularly for free and won't have to worry about checking CK's FAKO score any more.
I am looking forward to other credit card issuers providing access to our EX and EQ scores.....
Old Nov 5, 2013, 8:59 pm

Programs: Hilton, Marriott
Barclaycard's site says my FICO score is 800, while myfico.com shows it as 806.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 9:09 pm

Programs: Hilton, Marriott
Originally Posted by zachary
That link didn't work for me on my US Airways card. Any other way to try to find it?
Interesting. There is no explicit link to the service for my Lufthansa M&M card. However, I was able to view my score by using the URL posted by waingro.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 3:01 am

Originally Posted by bawr
Interesting. There is no explicit link to the service for my Lufthansa M&M card. However, I was able to view my score by using the URL posted by waingro.
I think it is being made available to all Barclay's cardholders.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 9:29 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
This is only Transunion FICO. It would be great if they had all three credit bureaus.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by agp423
This is only Transunion FICO. It would be great if they had all three credit bureaus.
Hopefully the other credit card companies will offer EQ and EX in the future. Barclay's was just the first to jump in
Old Nov 6, 2013, 12:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Amex PR Gold, Hertz Gold, Delta Silver
Originally Posted by zachary
Did you log in first? You can also get there from the main "Account Summary" page by clicking on "Tools and Education" and then "Your FICO Score."
Old Nov 6, 2013, 12:55 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion
This is definitely the TU FICO 08 score. The same score Walmart card holders receive for free each month. The difference is it seems to update only when Barclays last conducted a soft inquiry on TU (not always monthly), whereas the Walmart FICO updates monthly on a fairly consistent schedule. A very nice addition, though, to the free score lineup.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.