Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Will the United devaluation change your credit card strategy?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will the United devaluation change your credit card strategy?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2014, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by Locke42
So right now I have a Chase Sapphire Preferred card, but since it only gives back 1 point per dollar for non-travel/dining spending, I'm looking for a second card for general spending.

The top of my list WAS the United MileagePlus Club Card for its 1.5 points/dollar rewards rate. But then I learned of the devaluation of United's Star Alliance awards, and I started to reconsider. Would I be better off getting an SPG Amex or Mercedes Platinum Amex instead? Or should I just put general spending on the Sapphire Preferred, even though the United devaluation hits the value of UR points, too?
The CSP goes quite well with the Chase Freedom and/or SPG Amex.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.