Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Navy FCU Flagship Rewards: 60k (=$600) after $3k in 90 days [now 40k; see post #108]

Old Nov 27, 2018, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: frank_10b
As reported on Doctor of Credit:

Current best public offer: 50k points after $4000 spend in 90 days, first year annual fee waived -
https://www.navyfederal.org/loans-cards/credit-cards/offers/flagship-visa-signature.php

Some existing customers are being targeted for 60k offers, either when they log into the NFCU site or via email with the subject "Earn 60K Bonus Points With Flagship".

Points worth 1 cent each. At worst, this is a 2% back card, with bonus categories:

Now earn 3X the points on all travel purchases, including:
  • Airline and Train Tickets
  • Ride-Sharing Services
  • Public Transit
  • Hotel Stays
  • Tolls
  • Car Rentals
  • Parking
Plus, continue to earn 2X points on everything else.

1-15-22 link says current offer is only 30K pts for 3K spend in 90 days. 1.99% interest for 6 mo for BT.

You must be able to qualify for membership in the Credit Union. Most people qualify as military service members or veterans, DoD civilians, or via family members.
https://www.navyfederal.org/membersh...e-a-member.php

Print Wikipost

Navy FCU Flagship Rewards: 60k (=$600) after $3k in 90 days [now 40k; see post #108]

Old Oct 24, 2014, 10:47 pm

Quick question for everyone, does anyone know this card's compatibility with Serve?
Old Oct 25, 2014, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by thehoodedidiot
Any way around opening an account? I qualify for membership - I just don't want two seperate hard pulls - 1 of which is for a savings account I would rather not have. I just want their card :P
Not that I know of. They hard pull the heck out of you. Usually TU and EQ. There are lots of Navy threads on myfico and creditboards about membership and applying and hard pulls.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by Mbcijim10
It appears targeted, it says for card ending in xxxx. I signed up last October, I was just about to cancel as my annual fee was coming up. I signed up when they had the $600 signup bonus, which is great by the way. If they have that bonus I would definitely do it again, redeeming was extremely easy.

http://www2.snapfish.com/snapfish/th...NAME=snapfish/
I wasn't targeted. They don't seem willing to apply the offer otherwise.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by mrmandel
I wasn't targeted. They don't seem willing to apply the offer otherwise.
Maybe targeting those who are coming up on the annual fee.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 9:35 pm

Programs: Anywhere I can ski...
i have to say, i really love NFCU, and all their products
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 10:45 pm

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
NFCU is great,
however has anyone seen a renewed 60K offer lately?
Old Oct 31, 2014, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by frank_10b
NFCU is great,
Haven't received any snail mail yet. I am waiting for the 60k offer as well.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 2:16 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Titanium, National Executive, Delta Silver, United Silver
NFCU is great,
I have a 40K offer in my hand.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 2:38 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Titanium, National Executive, Delta Silver, United Silver
I'm torn between this card, the Barclaycard Arrival Plus World Elite Mastercard, or maybe the Chase Sapphire Preferred. I liked the Chase for the Mileage Plus miles, but I think I like the flexibility of the NFCU or Barclay cards.

Anyone have any opinions or info either way? The 10% bonus for Barclay sounds good. They both have some sort of "elite" concierge service. It's been a long time since I heard of any issue with one being accepted but the other not.
Old Nov 1, 2014, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by ddallas
Maybe targeting those who are coming up on the annual fee.
Nope, I opened the card near the same time you guys did. I suspect it's an incentive for those who aren't using the card much.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 6:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Kimpton Inner Circle
Downgrade option?

Thinking of downgrading as my annual fee is coming up in a few weeks, but I still haven't used the 66k points from the sign up bonus. Has anyone successfully downgraded this card and kept the points in some form?

Thanks!
Old Jul 18, 2018, 3:39 pm

Programs: HH LTD, AA LTG
NFCU is great,
No, but received a mailer for 50K offer after $3.5K spend in 90 days, and got approved for it (again).
Old Nov 17, 2018, 5:33 pm

Can anyone who has done a Navy Fed Flagship rewards card please tell how long it takes for the sign up bonus to post after meeting spend?
Old Nov 19, 2018, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by compddd
Can anyone who has done a Navy Fed Flagship rewards card please tell how long it takes for the sign up bonus to post after meeting spend?
Takes quite a while. It's usually the statement after the 90 days has elapsed. So even if you meet spend on the first day you get the card, you still need to wait the 90 days and then for your next statement to close after that.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by flyer1990
Takes quite a while. It's usually the statement after the 90 days has elapsed. So even if you meet spend on the first day you get the card, you still need to wait the 90 days and then for your next statement to close after that.
That's what I thought thank you. Does doing MS work to meet spend for the bonus or does it need to be real spend?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.