Last edit by: muji
Churnable to get repeated 5x rewards?

Not possible
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22871522-post710.html

Update April 16, 2016: Still Not Churnable
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...l#post26511091
__________________________________________________ _____________

How to pay down CL quickly?
ACH push from other banks to wells fargo checking and then use that to pay credit card

Likely to get shut down if...?
- Have a negative balance
- Have a really high balance
- Cycling several times through your CL
- Calling in and getting caught by human eyes for suspicious activities.

To check what your 5X/5% window is:
In the rewards account, go to My Rewards -> Account Activity and the days left on the promo will show up at the top....looks like a pie chart.

To check which transactions get 5X/5% before your statement posts
Now, to check if new transactions are eligible for 5X before statement closes, go to "My Rewards" on the top and click "Activity" and set the start/end dates. You should see a "bonus earning" for 4% extra cash back for anything that's eligible.

Caps on 5x / 5%??
There are no more caps.

What to do when transaction not going through due to FA?
Human @ fraud prevention line is 877-575-0462 (to verify charges if locked out) (Update 3-3-15 - Phone number no longer in service per this post)
Automated response number was 800-446-0664
Print Wikipost

Wells Fargo 5X rewards cap

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2015, 7:35 am

Is there a cap on the Cash Back Credit card: https://www.wellsfargo.com/credit-cards/cash-back/ ? I see references in this thread to a cap, but don't see any on the terms and conditions.

Also, if I add my wife as an authorized user would that keep eliminate her from applying for this card after my promotional period ends?
Old Oct 14, 2015, 7:43 am

Programs: DL DI AA LTPL MAR LTPL HY GL
Originally Posted by cdog999
Is there a cap on the Cash Back Credit card: https://www.wellsfargo.com/credit-cards/cash-back/ ? I see references in this thread to a cap, but don't see any on the terms and conditions.

Also, if I add my wife as an authorized user would that keep eliminate her from applying for this card after my promotional period ends?
No cap.

And you can be an AU of someone else first and then apply for the card yourself. So, no to your 2nd question.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by clockhand
No cap.

And you can be an AU of someone else first and then apply for the card yourself. So, no to your 2nd question.
Sweet Now I just have to convince my wife that one of us should apply for another card.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 5:57 pm

For my wife, instead of opening a bank account for her, can I just add her as an AU to my card, then have her apply for her own?

Meaning is her being an AU on my card enough to be considered a "previous relationship" ?
Old Oct 15, 2015, 8:08 am

Programs: All of them
Originally Posted by ysugar1
For my wife, instead of opening a bank account for her, can I just add her as an AU to my card, then have her apply for her own?

Meaning is her being an AU on my card enough to be considered a "previous relationship" ?
How is she going to pay her balances assuming she does successfully apply at some point later? The only way to juice maximum value out of this promo is to pay off the card from a WF bank account as soon as the charges post and repeat. Might as well open one for her now.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 4:10 pm
formerly mattrendell27

so I'm looking to open some external checking accounts so I can push money to WF checking. Does anyone know if there are any maximum amounts that can be pushed to WF checking?

Also, is there any problem if the external accounts have my name on them and the WF checking account I'm pushing money to has my wife's name on it?

Thanks.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 2:12 pm

Reportedly, they recently added a clause in the terms which excludes gift cards from earning points. This gives them more leverage to confiscate rewards on gift card purchases.
Gift cards are excluded from earning 5X?
Old Oct 18, 2015, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by Newyorker11
Of course they are, they always are...
Old Oct 18, 2015, 4:14 pm

Programs: All of them
Originally Posted by Newyorker11
Originally Posted by CWAL
Of course they are, they always are...

Show's over folks, nothing to see here. On to the next act.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 9:48 am

I didn't know 5x was excluded... Guess I'm gonna have to return all the $$$$ I got.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by mittenfingerz
I didn't know 5x was excluded... Guess I'm gonna have to return all the $$$$ I got.
WF has added to their terms to send the check my way. Pretty standard.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by mattrendell27
so I'm looking to open some external checking accounts so I can push money to WF checking. Does anyone know if there are any maximum amounts that can be pushed to WF checking?

Also, is there any problem if the external accounts have my name on them and the WF checking account I'm pushing money to has my wife's name on it?

Thanks.
I don't know the answer but would suggest trying to add your name to the WF account to avoid any hiccups. I directed all external funds to one account and only pushed from that account to WF. I would guess if there's a limit it is multiple tens of $,$$$ based on the level others have gotten with this.
Old Oct 27, 2015, 9:51 am

Yes completely noob question but what are you guys buying and how are you transferring to cash? Used to be able to get cards and put on Bluebird. I'm probably 1 year behind. Thanks
Old Oct 31, 2015, 2:31 pm

Anybody have any experience hitting this hard as an AU that they don't mind sharing? Just want to make sure that being an AU will function the same as when I was primary. Have joint checking. Most cashiers around here check ID.
Old Oct 31, 2015, 4:36 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hyatt Diamond
I have been using the card for MS as an AU for about 4 months w/o any problem. The only other charges have been real grocery purchases by the account owner.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.