Last edit by: muji
Churnable to get repeated 5x rewards?

Not possible
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22871522-post710.html

Update April 16, 2016: Still Not Churnable
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...l#post26511091
__________________________________________________ _____________

How to pay down CL quickly?
ACH push from other banks to wells fargo checking and then use that to pay credit card

Likely to get shut down if...?
- Have a negative balance
- Have a really high balance
- Cycling several times through your CL
- Calling in and getting caught by human eyes for suspicious activities.

To check what your 5X/5% window is:
In the rewards account, go to My Rewards -> Account Activity and the days left on the promo will show up at the top....looks like a pie chart.

To check which transactions get 5X/5% before your statement posts
Now, to check if new transactions are eligible for 5X before statement closes, go to "My Rewards" on the top and click "Activity" and set the start/end dates. You should see a "bonus earning" for 4% extra cash back for anything that's eligible.

Caps on 5x / 5%??
There are no more caps.

What to do when transaction not going through due to FA?
Human @ fraud prevention line is 877-575-0462 (to verify charges if locked out) (Update 3-3-15 - Phone number no longer in service per this post)
Automated response number was 800-446-0664
Print Wikipost

Wells Fargo 5X rewards cap

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2015, 5:20 am

Originally Posted by dawgsontop
Can you view the monthly statement closing date online? I'd like to know when it is, but have no desire to call in and have eyes on my account.
Go to your Wells Fargo accounts and click on your Credit Accounts and your card will be there. Click on your card and that will bring up Account Activity. On the far left side is the Account Information box. Click View Account Profile. You will see the date your account was opened and your statement closing date will be about 2 days after that date.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by rharris60
You will see the date your account was opened and your statement closing date will be about 2 days after that date.
maybe its for you, but my card open date was 25th, and statement closing date is 7th, its like I received the card, and 4days later I got a statement
and my wife's card open date is 14th, statement date is 10th, there is no pattern here
Old Jan 17, 2015, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by ZeroMile
maybe its for you, but my card open date was 25th, and statement closing date is 7th, its like I received the card, and 4days later I got a statement
and my wife's card open date is 14th, statement date is 10th, there is no pattern here
Same here. It usually closes at the end of the month, but my card was opened in the middle of the month.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 2:56 pm
XP1

Originally Posted by dawgsontop
Same here. It usually closes at the end of the month, but my card was opened in the middle of the month.
When you apply for a credit card in branch, the banker could ask you what you want your due date to be, and the banker could select the day of the month.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 11:38 pm

I remember Wells Fargo giving bonus cash once you hit a certain amount of spending on your card (not sure if it resets each year). It has been a while so I don't remember the particulars. But, it was something like spend $60,000, get an extra .25% in cash back. I searched this thread up and down but couldn't find any info. Does anyone remember the details on that?
Old Jan 25, 2015, 11:30 am

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Silverthunder
I remember Wells Fargo giving bonus cash once you hit a certain amount of spending on your card (not sure if it resets each year). It has been a while so I don't remember the particulars. But, it was something like spend $60,000, get an extra .25% in cash back. I searched this thread up and down but couldn't find any info. Does anyone remember the details on that?
See post 477.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 9:21 am

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!
Ok, so from what I'm reading, it looks like if you make a payment before it goes into pending, the system can lock u out? I made about 6K this past weekend, and this AM I went in online, I got this:

Your online access has been temporarily disabled. To access your accounts online again please re-enroll:

Is this as simple as calling and having them reset my account?
Old Jan 27, 2015, 9:27 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Delta Skymiles, CapOne Venture, Citi ThankYou
I just picked up the 5% card. I knew about the Jan 15 change in gift card qualification but I don't think it's enforceable.

I'm quite interested in reports of receiving, or not, 5x for post Jan 15 gift card purchases.

Thanks.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by mrx900
Ok, so from what I'm reading, it looks like if you make a payment before it goes into pending, the system can lock u out? I made about 6K this past weekend, and this AM I went in online, I got this:

Your online access has been temporarily disabled. To access your accounts online again please re-enroll:

Is this as simple as calling and having them reset my account?
From my experience I have made multiple payments before the statement closed and received the credit line bump within 24 hours, little delay. What I don't do is pay off more than the balance outstanding to bring my current balance below $0.

Last edited by ChurnChop; Jan 28, 2015 at 8:56 am
Old Jan 28, 2015, 1:20 am

Originally Posted by dukerau
See post 477.
thanks very much
so it's just a targeted offer?
Old Jan 30, 2015, 7:02 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, MR, UR, Cash Back!
I applied for this card with an EX credit freeze over the phone and was denied, can't obtain a credit report. I then tried again in branch and got the same result, denied can't obtain a credit report. I want WF to pull TU or EQ due to inquires. I'm considering unfreezing and applying again, Third time. Will that result in 3 inquires? I'm wondering if my first two apps automatically close after not being able to obtain a report? I don't want those apps to be reprocessed, should I just wait for the denial letters so that I know they are for sure denied?
Old Jan 31, 2015, 10:15 pm

Interesting tidbit I learned about today - WF only allows you to pay your cc with an external account 5 times per calendar month. Beyond that will give you errors. This definitely helps me with payment planning throughout the month/
Old Feb 1, 2015, 5:01 am

Originally Posted by ttlmmky
Interesting tidbit I learned about today - WF only allows you to pay your cc with an external account 5 times per calendar month. Beyond that will give you errors. This definitely helps me with payment planning throughout the month/
Was this by trial and error or did you talk to someone at WF? Or did the errors state that was the reason?
Old Feb 1, 2015, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by MG49
Was this by trial and error or did you talk to someone at WF? Or did the errors state that was the reason?
I wasn't able to pay with my external accounts the last couple days. The error message was these two accounts can't be used together. I called up and the rep asked tech support and they told him. He wasn't aware of it either. Limit doesn't appear to apply to WF account payments, as I was able to make one after I was already getting error messages
Old Feb 1, 2015, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by ttlmmky
I wasn't able to pay with my external accounts the last couple days. The error message was these two accounts can't be used together. I called up and the rep asked tech support and they told him. He wasn't aware of it either. Limit doesn't appear to apply to WF account payments, as I was able to make one after I was already getting error messages
When you mention external accounts, do you mean paying from another bank like Capital One, for example? Or external as in a BB or RB account? I just got this card about a month ago and want to see what options I have if i ramp up the spending.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.