Wells Fargo 5X rewards cap

    Hide Wikipost
Old Feb 6, 17, 3:15 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: muji
Wiki Link
Churnable to get repeated 5x rewards?

Not possible
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22871522-post710.html

Update April 16, 2016: Still Not Churnable
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...l#post26511091
__________________________________________________ _____________

How to pay down CL quickly?
ACH push from other banks to wells fargo checking and then use that to pay credit card


Likely to get shut down if...?
- Have a negative balance
- Have a really high balance
- Cycling several times through your CL
- Calling in and getting caught by human eyes for suspicious activities.


To check what your 5X/5% window is:
In the rewards account, go to My Rewards -> Account Activity and the days left on the promo will show up at the top....looks like a pie chart.


To check which transactions get 5X/5% before your statement posts
Now, to check if new transactions are eligible for 5X before statement closes, go to "My Rewards" on the top and click "Activity" and set the start/end dates. You should see a "bonus earning" for 4% extra cash back for anything that's eligible.


Caps on 5x / 5%??
There are no more caps.


What to do when transaction not going through due to FA?
Human @ fraud prevention line is 877-575-0462 (to verify charges if locked out) (Update 3-3-15 - Phone number no longer in service per this post)
Automated response number was 800-446-0664
Print Wikipost

Old Oct 2, 14, 10:49 am
  #1111  
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Coppell, TX
Programs: AA EXP (1M+), HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Posts: 385
Strange - I went through my (almost) daily ritual of calling WF Fraud (1-877-575-0462) and got a message saying that particular number is no longer in service.

The message directed me to call 800-723-5533.

You've been warned!
edbyu is offline  
Old Oct 4, 14, 9:31 pm
  #1112  
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Programs: AA,DL,SPG,Hyatt
Posts: 141
I got my 5x card last month.

I can see "5X Cash Back for Gas, Grocery & Drug Store for 6 Months" in my offers.

People were mentioning about the 120k rewards cap, I am wondering where can I find that information?

thanks
sunspotzsz is offline  
Old Oct 4, 14, 10:05 pm
  #1113  
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 240
Originally Posted by sunspotzsz View Post
I got my 5x card last month.

I can see "5X Cash Back for Gas, Grocery & Drug Store for 6 Months" in my offers.

People were mentioning about the 120k rewards cap, I am wondering where can I find that information?

thanks
there is no cap anymore.
Silverthunder is offline  
Old Oct 6, 14, 9:37 pm
  #1114  
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Programs: AA,DL,SPG,Hyatt
Posts: 141
Wells Fargo 5X rewards cap

thanks, thats great to know.

in that case, how far can you go? i have 11k credit line, is 10k per month too much?
sunspotzsz is offline  
Old Oct 7, 14, 9:35 am
  #1115  
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 194
is it possible to transfer CL from propel to 5X cash rewards card?

I heard some people got low CL on the WF 5X card.
Will some of the following be helpful?

1. apply for the propel card AMEX card first, and later apply for 5X card and transfer some CL from Propel to the new 5X card;
2. have a checking account at Wells Faro, and keep high balance cash money in the checking account, for several months before applying for the 5X card.
or any better ideas?
nkp46 is offline  
Old Oct 7, 14, 9:41 am
  #1116  
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 116
Originally Posted by nkp46 View Post
I heard some people got low CL on the WF 5X card.
Will some of the following be helpful?

1. apply for the propel card AMEX card first, and later apply for 5X card and transfer some CL from Propel to the new 5X card;
2. have a checking account at Wells Faro, and keep high balance cash money in the checking account, for several months before applying for the 5X card.
or any better ideas?

Call and ask for a CL increase to what you want. Worked for me. It was also within a month of approval so they didn't do another hard pull

Last edited by michael160; Oct 7, 14 at 9:51 am
michael160 is offline  
Old Oct 7, 14, 10:00 am
  #1117  
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 194
Originally Posted by michael160 View Post
Call and ask for a CL increase to what you want. Worked for me. It was also within a month of approval so they didn't do another hard pull
This is a great news!
nkp46 is offline  
Old Oct 7, 14, 11:18 pm
  #1118  
Suspended
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: ORD
Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Posts: 1,786
Originally Posted by michael160 View Post
Call and ask for a CL increase to what you want. Worked for me. It was also within a month of approval so they didn't do another hard pull
I would not count on this, as many have reported getting a HP even right after receiving card and asking for a CLI.
skibum7732 is offline  
Old Oct 7, 14, 11:22 pm
  #1119  
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Heaven
Posts: 552
Originally Posted by skibum7732 View Post
I would not count on this, as many have reported getting a HP even right after receiving card and asking for a CLI.
I can confirm the hard pull... that too within 3 days of getting the card. Aholes just gave a 2.5K credit line then bumped it to 5k.

Glad I was able to do close to 130k in 6 months... Hit it as hard as you can. Pay using WF checkin..they don't like payments coming from other sources (WM BP was a exception somehow)
coolblues is offline  
Old Oct 8, 14, 5:42 am
  #1120  
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 116
Originally Posted by coolblues View Post
I can confirm the hard pull... that too within 3 days of getting the card. Aholes just gave a 2.5K credit line then bumped it to 5k.

Glad I was able to do close to 130k in 6 months... Hit it as hard as you can. Pay using WF checkin..they don't like payments coming from other sources (WM BP was a exception somehow)
That sucks. I guess I just got lucky with the credit analyst who actually said she was trying to pull up my previous CR so she didn't need to do another HP.
michael160 is offline  
Old Oct 9, 14, 12:22 pm
  #1121  
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: CA
Programs: BA, AA, United
Posts: 421
10K should not cause any issues what so ever.

In my experience, even if you do 2x CL with your CL, you should be fine. Maybe start off with 10K for the first month and once you get comfortable, hit it hard.


Originally Posted by sunspotzsz View Post
thanks, thats great to know.

in that case, how far can you go? i have 11k credit line, is 10k per month too much?
rambo is offline  
Old Oct 9, 14, 3:54 pm
  #1122  
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 51
The only problem with this card is the FP declines. I think the WF FP computer recognizes one store that I frequent. So only that store it goes through ok. The store a mile away declines. Because I don't want to deal with the FP agents I only use one store. But one store is very hard to do any meaningful spending.
Sam2014 is offline  
Old Oct 10, 14, 7:25 am
  #1123  
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: CA
Programs: BA, AA, United
Posts: 421
I think no one here has been able to figure out the fraud alert algorithm. I have experienced random alerts, in some cases I have been able to MS 20K in a week w/o any alert and out of nowhere, the fraud suddenly kicks in. After more than 10days and over 20K spending, I got a decline last night. As some prev poster mentioned, have the FA team phone number handy and call them.




Originally Posted by Sam2014 View Post
The only problem with this card is the FP declines. I think the WF FP computer recognizes one store that I frequent. So only that store it goes through ok. The store a mile away declines. Because I don't want to deal with the FP agents I only use one store. But one store is very hard to do any meaningful spending.
rambo is offline  
Old Oct 12, 14, 8:43 pm
  #1124  
Suspended
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 233
I know this has been discussed but a search yields unrelated stuff. Approved 5/2 activated 5/7 would the last day of 5% be on 11/2 or 11/7? And does the bonus category bonus drop off mid cycle as well?
EL3V3N is offline  
Old Oct 12, 14, 10:04 pm
  #1125  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: SoCal
Programs: SPG PLAT, AA Plat (2MM), BA, UA/CO
Posts: 440
Originally Posted by EL3V3N View Post
I know this has been discussed but a search yields unrelated stuff. Approved 5/2 activated 5/7 would the last day of 5% be on 11/2 or 11/7? And does the bonus category bonus drop off mid cycle as well?
Go to the rewards site from your WF account and look under "offers." It will show you your end date.
xlax is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: