Wells Fargo 5X rewards cap

Hide Wikipost
Old Feb 6, 17, 3:15 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: muji
Wiki Link
Churnable to get repeated 5x rewards?

Not possible
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22871522-post710.html

Update April 16, 2016: Still Not Churnable
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...l#post26511091
__________________________________________________ _____________

How to pay down CL quickly?
ACH push from other banks to wells fargo checking and then use that to pay credit card

Likely to get shut down if...?
- Have a negative balance
- Have a really high balance
- Cycling several times through your CL
- Calling in and getting caught by human eyes for suspicious activities.

To check what your 5X/5% window is:
In the rewards account, go to My Rewards -> Account Activity and the days left on the promo will show up at the top....looks like a pie chart.

To check which transactions get 5X/5% before your statement posts
Now, to check if new transactions are eligible for 5X before statement closes, go to "My Rewards" on the top and click "Activity" and set the start/end dates. You should see a "bonus earning" for 4% extra cash back for anything that's eligible.

Caps on 5x / 5%??
There are no more caps.

What to do when transaction not going through due to FA?
Human @ fraud prevention line is 877-575-0462 (to verify charges if locked out) (Update 3-3-15 - Phone number no longer in service per this post)
Automated response number was 800-446-0664
Print Wikipost

Old Sep 13, 14, 10:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Originally Posted by EL3V3N View Post
How do you fund your wf checking? Mo?
that would be pooping where you eat and likely to get yourself ecoli
Old Sep 13, 14, 11:27 pm

I did not deposit any MO into my WF checking account. A WF-FP agent ask me that did I buy Gift cards & MO using my credit card. I am sick of talking with CSR's so I don't use this card very often.
Old Sep 16, 14, 8:23 pm

More churnability data points, please.
Old Sep 16, 14, 8:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Originally Posted by adminds View Post
More churnability data points, please.
try it and report back..then we will have some
Old Sep 23, 14, 12:48 pm

Getting close to my end date for the 5x promo period, quick question, if the end date is listed as 9/25, will the transaction posted on that day (9/25) be counted to the 5x? or it cuts off the midnight of the previous day (9/24) in reality?
Old Sep 24, 14, 5:11 pm

newbie here, trying to figure out how you're maxing your CL

what's a good place to start?

thanks.
Old Sep 24, 14, 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by lumangoy View Post

thanks.
I can provide a datapoint. 15k limit, I just started my 3rd month with this program. I did 1x in month 1, 2x in month 2 and shooting for 3-4x+ this month.

I haven't received any calls yet regarding "overpayment" as others have, but about 50% of my attempts are declined. I call WF Fraud, express my frustration, they lift the cap and provide assurances that I shouldn't have troubles in the future; the next txn will go through no problems and then the one after will decline. Frustrating but I can't complain too much. Keep the WF fraud number handy
Old Sep 24, 14, 10:48 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by lumangoy View Post

thanks.
you found the thread, now you gotta read a few pages
Old Sep 24, 14, 10:50 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by susieling View Post
Getting close to my end date for the 5x promo period, quick question, if the end date is listed as 9/25, will the transaction posted on that day (9/25) be counted to the 5x? or it cuts off the midnight of the previous day (9/24) in reality?
a few reports of this, which are even within the last few pages

Last edited by skibum7732; Sep 25, 14 at 9:57 pm
Old Sep 25, 14, 3:32 am
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP (3.3MM), AAirpass, SQ-PPS Solitaire, DL-PM (.777MM), SPG-Plat, HH-D
Why do you noobs feel the need to chastise and reply without answering a question?

And you wonder why blogs have such a large audience or why most old timers are on Google groups? With noobs at each others throats it only sends blogs traffic which then kills more deals. Don't forget that most blogs are all run by newbies. None of the guys who were Manufactured Spending 10 yrs ago run a blog...
Old Sep 25, 14, 9:55 pm
Suspended

I provided the answer, by way of telling where the answer was located...it is much better to teach a man/woman to fish than to simply give a fish, which just leads to more welfare cases
Old Sep 26, 14, 11:11 pm

Programs: AA, UR, WN, BA, CC, SPG
Originally Posted by ninjakid View Post
I can provide a datapoint. 15k limit, I just started my 3rd month with this program. I did 1x in month 1, 2x in month 2 and shooting for 3-4x+ this month.

I haven't received any calls yet regarding "overpayment" as others have, but about 50% of my attempts are declined. I call WF Fraud, express my frustration, they lift the cap and provide assurances that I shouldn't have troubles in the future; the next txn will go through no problems and then the one after will decline. Frustrating but I can't complain too much. Keep the WF fraud number handy
Note: I have also had this problem of many declines lately, in my 5th month. However, I just call them (WF cs) right before I make the purchase now and have not had a single decline since doing this. Granted it takes a few minutes (on the drive over), but you don't have to worry about it being declined in the store since they (WF) knows its coming.
Old Sep 27, 14, 8:57 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Gustraveler View Post
Note: I have also had this problem of many declines lately, in my 5th month. However, I just call them (WF cs) right before I make the purchase now and have not had a single decline since doing this. Granted it takes a few minutes (on the drive over), but you don't have to worry about it being declined in the store since they (WF) knows its coming.
Way to many unwanted eyes on my acct w that method, no thanks. If declined I simply call the backdoor # to the automated line to clear questionable charges, thus never speaking to anyone^
Old Sep 27, 14, 10:56 pm

Programs: SPG PLAT, AA Plat (2MM), BA, UA/CO
Originally Posted by skibum7732 View Post
I simply call the backdoor # to the automated line to clear questionable charges^
I always end up with a human. What number avoids that?
Old Oct 1, 14, 11:06 pm

Use your eligible Wells Fargo Visaź Debit or Credit Card between October 1 and November 30, 2014, to be automatically entered for a chance to win a trip to Super Bowl XLIX courtesy of Visa

Good luck everyone!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: