FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Credit Card Programs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs-599/)
-   -   Wells Fargo 5X rewards cap (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs/1495478-wells-fargo-5x-rewards-cap.html)

luchex Nov 19, 13 8:12 pm

I got this other offer

Dear Luchex,

When you use your Wells Fargo Credit Card this holiday season, your gatherings with family and friends will be more rewarding. You will earn bonus rewards points for every $1 you spend whenever you dine out or make your grocery net purchases (purchases minus returns/credits).

Just enroll today to earn:
5x rewards points on restaurant net purchases
5x rewards points on grocery net purchases

This offer is for a limited time only, now through
December 31, 2013.2

Just click below and enter promotion code
XXXXXXXXXXXX to enroll your credit card ending in 1234.

But then , in small tiny text says:

2This promotional period runs from November 1, 2013, or your registration date, whichever is later, through December 31, 2013. Maximum bonus rewards point value accumulation during the promotional period is $20 for restaurant and grocery purchases, which equates to $400 in qualifying net purchases.

These WF always so cheap in their miserable offers

TTT103 Nov 20, 13 5:43 am


Originally Posted by luchex (Post 21817053)
I got this other offer

Dear Luchex,

When you use your Wells Fargo Credit Card this holiday season, your gatherings with family and friends will be more rewarding. You will earn bonus rewards points for every $1 you spend whenever you dine out or make your grocery net purchases (purchases minus returns/credits).

Just enroll today to earn:
5x rewards points on restaurant net purchases
5x rewards points on grocery net purchases

This offer is for a limited time only, now through
December 31, 2013.2

Just click below and enter promotion code
XXXXXXXXXXXX to enroll your credit card ending in 1234.

But then , in small tiny text says:

2This promotional period runs from November 1, 2013, or your registration date, whichever is later, through December 31, 2013. Maximum bonus rewards point value accumulation during the promotional period is $20 for restaurant and grocery purchases, which equates to $400 in qualifying net purchases.

These WF always so cheap in their miserable offers

Did this offer come via e-mail or paper?

rgAAFT Nov 20, 13 6:26 am

WF just hit me with "excess activity fee of $15" on my savings account that I recently opened in order to better manage my rewards!? Any suggestions on how to reverse this?

Blackshag Nov 20, 13 7:17 am


Originally Posted by Neidman (Post 21756762)
Go to the Wells Fargo home page and open your credit card account page.
On the left side you will see "Show My Rewards." Click that.
Now on the left side you will see "Rewards Summary" It will say "To redeem your rewards and shop at our Earn More Mall® site, visit Wells Fargo Rewards." Click on Wells Fargo Rewards.
This takes you to the Rewards page. At the top of the page under "My Rewards" click "Activity".
This takes you to a page where you will see every transaction, how many points you earned AND how many bonus points you earned.
My bonus points show up right away, but you can't use them until the next statement.

Thank you for posting this. Helpful info! My husband recently got the card with 5% and we haven't had issues, yet. I always make sure prior transaction posts to account before buying something else. Will report if we have fraud issues or other problems!

TTT103 Nov 20, 13 8:36 am


Originally Posted by rgAAFT (Post 21818996)
WF just hit me with "excess activity fee of $15" on my savings account that I recently opened in order to better manage my rewards!? Any suggestions on how to reverse this?

I'v never heard of that fee. What's that all about? My money pretty much stays put in my WF savings account, but do they have restrictions on the number of activities in that account each month becuase it's a savings account? If so, maybe a checking account would be better.

rymetymeuk Nov 20, 13 8:43 am

you probably made too many withdrawals in a month, i've called them before and asked them to waive it. sometimes it works, but not all the time.

rgAAFT Nov 20, 13 9:43 am

Have we reached a consensus on whether or not there is a cap on the 5X bonus on Wells Fargo rewards card?

ctbarron Nov 20, 13 10:24 am


Originally Posted by rgAAFT (Post 21818996)
WF just hit me with "excess activity fee of $15" on my savings account that I recently opened in order to better manage my rewards!? Any suggestions on how to reverse this?

You likely exceeded the number of withdrawals or transfers in a month. See link below.

https://www.wellsfargo.com/single_fa...e_activity_fee

Give them a call and ask forgiveness, tell them you love them and will behave going forward, blah blah, etc. It usually works the first time.

RJ5929 Nov 20, 13 10:29 am


Originally Posted by Blackshag (Post 21819226)
Thank you for posting this. Helpful info! My husband recently got the card with 5% and we haven't had issues, yet. I always make sure prior transaction posts to account before buying something else. Will report if we have fraud issues or other problems!

Yes, great help to check before the stmnt closes.

RJ5929 Nov 21, 13 12:58 pm

So I just called the CS to check on max. cap on 5x rewards. The lady confirmed that there is a 6 month limit for 5x purchases in drugstores (which I knew when I signed up). I asked for the cap on rewards, she said there is none. I asked her to check with her supervisor and (after a moment) she said she checked and there is no limit on bonus. I don't trust her (initially she said there is no time limit either for 5x bonus). Anyone can confirm? I will call back, but this call took forever to get hold of one.

rgAAFT Nov 21, 13 8:09 pm


Originally Posted by RJ5929 (Post 21828037)
So I just called the CS to check on max. cap on 5x rewards. The lady confirmed that there is a 6 month limit for 5x purchases in drugstores (which I knew when I signed up). I asked for the cap on rewards, she said there is none. I asked her to check with her supervisor and (after a moment) she said she checked and there is no limit on bonus. I don't trust her (initially she said there is no time limit either for 5x bonus). Anyone can confirm? I will call back, but this call took forever to get hold of one.


Divide and conquer is key
I'm currently trying to track down the availability of a WF EMV chip card which I am trying to get my hands on.
Also begging them to clear payments faster

stealph Nov 21, 13 8:18 pm


Originally Posted by RJ5929 (Post 21828037)
So I just called the CS to check on max. cap on 5x rewards. The lady confirmed that there is a 6 month limit for 5x purchases in drugstores (which I knew when I signed up). I asked for the cap on rewards, she said there is none. I asked her to check with her supervisor and (after a moment) she said she checked and there is no limit on bonus. I don't trust her (initially she said there is no time limit either for 5x bonus). Anyone can confirm? I will call back, but this call took forever to get hold of one.

I got the cashback card several months ago. Can confirm there were no limits throughout my first 6 months.

Blackshag Nov 22, 13 6:50 am


Originally Posted by stealph (Post 21830484)
I got the cashback card several months ago. Can confirm there were no limits throughout my first 6 months.

How much did you run through? Fraud alerts? Other problems? Thanks!

TTT103 Nov 22, 13 9:36 am


Originally Posted by Blackshag (Post 21832436)
How much did you run through? Fraud alerts? Other problems? Thanks!

Fraud alerts are nearly a daily occurance for me. They do not like to see repetitive charges--nor large charges despite what your credit limit is. I spent 35 minutes on the phone with fraud this morning, as there were numerous holds placed on my account. It took all that time for a senior fraud detection representative to clear up my account. He even stayed on the phone with me when I went back into the store, but the charge was denied again. It took four attempts, and the store clerk was not pleased, until WF could straighten out my account. I'm giving it a break for a week.

stealph Nov 22, 13 9:39 am


Originally Posted by Blackshag (Post 21832436)
How much did you run through? Fraud alerts? Other problems? Thanks!

Sent you a PM. I had a total of 3 fraud alerts over the 6 months.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 3:27 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.