Last edit by: muji
Churnable to get repeated 5x rewards?

Not possible
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22871522-post710.html

Update April 16, 2016: Still Not Churnable
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...l#post26511091
__________________________________________________ _____________

How to pay down CL quickly?
ACH push from other banks to wells fargo checking and then use that to pay credit card

Likely to get shut down if...?
- Have a negative balance
- Have a really high balance
- Cycling several times through your CL
- Calling in and getting caught by human eyes for suspicious activities.

To check what your 5X/5% window is:
In the rewards account, go to My Rewards -> Account Activity and the days left on the promo will show up at the top....looks like a pie chart.

To check which transactions get 5X/5% before your statement posts
Now, to check if new transactions are eligible for 5X before statement closes, go to "My Rewards" on the top and click "Activity" and set the start/end dates. You should see a "bonus earning" for 4% extra cash back for anything that's eligible.

Caps on 5x / 5%??
There are no more caps.

What to do when transaction not going through due to FA?
Human @ fraud prevention line is 877-575-0462 (to verify charges if locked out) (Update 3-3-15 - Phone number no longer in service per this post)
Automated response number was 800-446-0664
Print Wikipost

Wells Fargo 5X rewards cap

Old Jul 30, 2014, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by ChuckMango
its been almost 4 days...
My points just posted and I called the number listed on the rewards site landing page and redeemed points for a statement credit through the automated system. It will only allow you to redeem to the card, and not your other accounts through the auto system though. The phone number is 877-517-1358 if anyone wants to go this route.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by zeppoloveskafka
I've gotten blocked now 3 times or so in the last 10 days. Right hand doesn't know what left hand is doing, so no worries. Left hand might not even know what left hand did a few days prior. If they ever find a reason to clap though, that's not good for the gnats in the middle.
Had a really frustrating experience yesterday. Went to buy some VCGS, and my card was declined. I called the fraud line and verified the transactions and they said they lifted the block. I tried to run the charge again, and it was denied again. I decided just to leave. As I was walking out, the fraud line called me, I verified transactions, and they said they lifted the block. So I went back to the cashier and tried again. Denied yet again. So I started driving home and called the fraud line again, told them I had called a few times already and that my card is still getting declined. They assured me there was on block on my account, so I tried using it at another store on my way home. Denied yet again. I called the fraud line again and had them wait on the phone as I ran the charge and it went through. I'm not sure what's going on over there on their end, but they seem pretty incompetent.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by Kevster402
Had a really frustrating experience yesterday. Went to buy some VCGS, and my card was declined. I called the fraud line and verified the transactions and they said they lifted the block. I tried to run the charge again, and it was denied again. I decided just to leave. As I was walking out, the fraud line called me, I verified transactions, and they said they lifted the block. So I went back to the cashier and tried again. Denied yet again. So I started driving home and called the fraud line again, told them I had called a few times already and that my card is still getting declined. They assured me there was on block on my account, so I tried using it at another store on my way home. Denied yet again. I called the fraud line again and had them wait on the phone as I ran the charge and it went through. I'm not sure what's going on over there on their end, but they seem pretty incompetent.
Have had this happen in the past with two different WF 5Xers shortly after beginning to MS on them. It's very aggravating. Dealing with WF's incompetence is a cost of trying to MS with this card.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by I can see for miles
Have had this happen in the past with two different WF 5Xers shortly after beginning to MS on them. It's very aggravating. Dealing with WF's incompetence is a cost of trying to MS with this card.
Agreed. Just very confusing that something like this pops up when I'm in my fourth month on this card and have been going at it for a while.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 10:36 am

delete

Last edited by brn4; Jul 31, 2014 at 10:57 am
Old Jul 31, 2014, 6:45 pm

Just got a letter in the mail from WF. It said that my card benefits were upgraded to no foreign transaction fees and 1.35% cash back on all regular purchases. Said the reason was because I had spent $50,000. Not sure it's all that beneficial for my purposes but throwing it out there in case anyone is interested.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 10:41 pm

Programs: AOPA
Originally Posted by teddy25
It looks like WF didn't credit any points for couple of transaction around July 3rd/4th. Might be a IT issue.

I am out +-$250, I am hoping the issue will fix it self when billing cycle closes. I am not going to ask for it.(hope no human look in to my acct details)

Anyone Seeing this issue?
Update: reward $ are now pending as of 7/30. I think they took down the website to fix this issue.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by teddy25
Update: reward $ are now pending as of 7/30. I think they took down the website to fix this issue.
Amazing how one of the largest banks in the world can be this incompetent. WF's credit card division makes Wal-mart's front line staff look like nanotechnologists.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 7:31 am

I have a retirement account at WF. There are reasons to use them, but their computing expertise is not one of them. A couple of years ago, they took down their online trading system for upgrades which isn't a big deal. But the thing is, they scheduled an entire week for the upgrade. The notice they sent to customers was that yes, they were taking down their online trading system for an entire week!

And when they did the upgrade, they were down for a week. And when the system came back up, they sent out letters to customers and were basically bragging about how they finish the upgrade on schedule, lol...

I don't think this is the kind of thing that will get out of hand on FT, so it's probably okay to mention it. But one of the reasons to use WF is if you're interested in investing in actively managed mutual funds, you can get access to funds that only like professional financial advisers are supposed to have access to. If you call and try to trade them, they tell you you're not eligible to own those funds. But if you just do them online they work. They know about this hole in investing communities and people always wonder if it's just a sloppy computer system or if it's just some kind of a wink and a nod deal between the mutual fund companies and WF. The investing communities I've seen have always kind of leaned toward it being a wink and a nod type deal. But looking at it from the MS perspective, I'm beginning to wonder...

Last edited by levander; Aug 1, 2014 at 11:15 am
Old Aug 1, 2014, 7:33 am

Just got a letter in the mail from WF. It said that my card benefits were upgraded to no foreign transaction fees and 1.35% cash back on all regular purchases. Said the reason was because I had spent $50,000. Not sure it's all that beneficial for my purposes but throwing it out there in case anyone is interested.
Were you just doing MS with this card or you had some regular spend on there too?

Did you get a bunch of fraud calls from them like I do when you were trying to MS the card?
Old Aug 1, 2014, 2:15 pm

It seems the fraud calls have gotten a 1000x worse. I've gone through 2 cards. I'm in the last month of my second card and I got 2 calls during the first month when they were getting used to my spend habit and now I have gotten 6 calls in the last 2 weeks. I'm almost happy my 6 months are over on Thursday because it is getting to be quite annoying and embarrassing getting your card declined 50% of the time at CVS.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 2:37 pm

Programs: Bunch of mid-tiers
Lol, I got the same letter. It thanked me for being a great customer or something. My spend was 99% MS at 5%. It's always nice to see a bank that values revenue over margins.

Note I also got an offer last month for 2x on groceries for the rest of 2014. Not in the same league as AMEX but not bad for diversity.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by levander
Were you just doing MS with this card or you had some regular spend on there too?

Did you get a bunch of fraud calls from them like I do when you were trying to MS the card?
Was 99% MS. Didn't start getting a lot of fraud calls until this past week.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 6:44 pm

In my first month with the card and 4 out of every 5 transactions are getting declined. Calling fraud department to have them reset almost never allows me to then make a successful purchase.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 8:55 pm

At the bottom of the wiki, there are two numbers to call for fraud, a human one and an automated response number.

If I call at the register just after a decline, can I call the automated response number? Or do I have to call the automated response number?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.