Last edit by: muji
Churnable to get repeated 5x rewards?

Not possible
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22871522-post710.html

Update April 16, 2016: Still Not Churnable
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...l#post26511091
__________________________________________________ _____________

How to pay down CL quickly?
ACH push from other banks to wells fargo checking and then use that to pay credit card

Likely to get shut down if...?
- Have a negative balance
- Have a really high balance
- Cycling several times through your CL
- Calling in and getting caught by human eyes for suspicious activities.

To check what your 5X/5% window is:
In the rewards account, go to My Rewards -> Account Activity and the days left on the promo will show up at the top....looks like a pie chart.

To check which transactions get 5X/5% before your statement posts
Now, to check if new transactions are eligible for 5X before statement closes, go to "My Rewards" on the top and click "Activity" and set the start/end dates. You should see a "bonus earning" for 4% extra cash back for anything that's eligible.

Caps on 5x / 5%??
There are no more caps.

What to do when transaction not going through due to FA?
Human @ fraud prevention line is 877-575-0462 (to verify charges if locked out) (Update 3-3-15 - Phone number no longer in service per this post)
Automated response number was 800-446-0664
Print Wikipost

Wells Fargo 5X rewards cap

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2014, 9:24 am

Breaking News! 2nd card has 5X bonus!

Before you get too excited, let me give you the breakdown.

I had a Wells Fargo card that I closed in Nov 2009. This was around the time of the Wachovia meltdown and I don't recall if the original card was with Wachovia or Wells Fargo. But in either case, when I called Wells Fargo and on the my credit report they both clearly say that it was a Wells Fargo credit card. I vaguely recall getting the card for a $300 sign up bonus and 0% transfer of 20K.

Anyway, I got a targeted offer in my account and the language in the offer read: "This offer is only available ....who do no already have a Wells Fargo Credit Card"

I have not gotten the physical card yet and have not actually seen the bonus points post, but when I check the rewards site (the card is already linked on line for me) the offers listed there:

20k Points/$200 Cash Back with $2000 spend in 3 months
5X Cash Back for Gas, Grocery & Drug Store for 6 Months

Some more data points
I have been with Wells Fargo for over 20 years (as they acquired different banks)
My wife has the 5X card as well that she is almost done with
Signature card
Excellent Credit
Old Jul 1, 2014, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by hokiegl
Before you get too excited, let me give you the breakdown.

I had a Wells Fargo card that I closed in Nov 2009. This was around the time of the Wachovia meltdown and I don't recall if the original card was with Wachovia or Wells Fargo. But in either case, when I called Wells Fargo and on the my credit report they both clearly say that it was a Wells Fargo credit card. I vaguely recall getting the card for a $300 sign up bonus and 0% transfer of 20K.

Anyway, I got a targeted offer in my account and the language in the offer read: "This offer is only available ....who do no already have a Wells Fargo Credit Card"

I have not gotten the physical card yet and have not actually seen the bonus points post, but when I check the rewards site (the card is already linked on line for me) the offers listed there:

20k Points/$200 Cash Back with $2000 spend in 3 months
5X Cash Back for Gas, Grocery & Drug Store for 6 Months

Some more data points
I have been with Wells Fargo for over 20 years (as they acquired different banks)
My wife has the 5X card as well that she is almost done with
Signature card
Excellent Credit
Thank you for sharing, but seriously, could you not have waited after testing it out? This really is not a data point.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by commdiver
Thank you for sharing, but seriously, could you not have waited after testing it out? This really is not a data point.
Given that all other reports indicate that the "offers" listed on the rewards site are 100% accurate, I think this is a data point. It will be a month before I know if I actually will get the rewards. But I see no reason to think that I will not.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 2:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by hokiegl
Given that all other reports indicate that the "offers" listed on the rewards site are 100% accurate, I think this is a data point. It will be a month before I know if I actually will get the rewards. But I see no reason to think that I will not.
You will know well before a month. You can view your current month pending rewards activity before the statement closes.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 2:28 pm

-----

Last edited by mster; Apr 25, 2019 at 8:05 am Reason: -----
Old Jul 1, 2014, 2:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
P.S. It's in the wiki.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 3:16 pm

thanks for the info hokie. The more data the better.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by ChessMaster1
My promo ends 8-8...I will close with 0 balance and reapply for 5x card again...I will report what happens here
You plan to reapply for the same card after you close the current one?
Old Jul 2, 2014, 11:29 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Nomoneyinmybank
You plan to reapply for the same card after you close the current one?
Yep
Old Jul 3, 2014, 8:48 am

Has anyone lost their Wells Fargo credit card and had a new one issued? What happened to your pending and available cash back? Also, were you able to continue the 5X promo to the end of 6 months? Thanks in advance for any replies.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 10:23 am

Programs: AA HH Gold SPG Gold BA
Originally Posted by brn4
Has anyone lost their Wells Fargo credit card and had a new one issued? What happened to your pending and available cash back? Also, were you able to continue the 5X promo to the end of 6 months? Thanks in advance for any replies.

Yes everything is transferred to the new card no problem
Wells Fargo may hold your rewards for a few days after you report a card lost or stolen to make sure no one steals your rewards points. If this happens then wells Fargo will return the points to you after you've had your new card in your possession for a few days

Hope that helps
Old Jul 4, 2014, 9:15 pm

Argh, I have been warned by Wells 3x and now my acct is locked again. I need a brilliant idea to get me out of this one (besides sleeping with one of the executives @ Wells).
Old Jul 5, 2014, 1:54 am

Originally Posted by Silverthunder
Argh, I have been warned by Wells 3x and now my acct is locked again. I need a brilliant idea to get me out of this one (besides sleeping with one of the executives @ Wells).
Warned not to do what? Overpay? You need to edit your post because right now it doesn't make any sense
Old Jul 6, 2014, 1:00 am

Originally Posted by rgAAFT
Warned not to do what? Overpay? You need to edit your post because right now it doesn't make any sense
Yes, about over paying.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by Silverthunder
Yes, about over paying.
Best way to avoid this is to ask for a CLI. (use the over payment warning as reasoning for needing one) I was in a similar situation and then asked for large enough CL so that I wouldn't need to over pay ..
Never had any issues (except frequent fraud alerts) for the remainder of my promo period

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.