Last edit by: muji
Churnable to get repeated 5x rewards?

Not possible
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22871522-post710.html

Update April 16, 2016: Still Not Churnable
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...l#post26511091
__________________________________________________ _____________

How to pay down CL quickly?
ACH push from other banks to wells fargo checking and then use that to pay credit card

Likely to get shut down if...?
- Have a negative balance
- Have a really high balance
- Cycling several times through your CL
- Calling in and getting caught by human eyes for suspicious activities.

To check what your 5X/5% window is:
In the rewards account, go to My Rewards -> Account Activity and the days left on the promo will show up at the top....looks like a pie chart.

To check which transactions get 5X/5% before your statement posts
Now, to check if new transactions are eligible for 5X before statement closes, go to "My Rewards" on the top and click "Activity" and set the start/end dates. You should see a "bonus earning" for 4% extra cash back for anything that's eligible.

Caps on 5x / 5%??
There are no more caps.

What to do when transaction not going through due to FA?
Human @ fraud prevention line is 877-575-0462 (to verify charges if locked out) (Update 3-3-15 - Phone number no longer in service per this post)
Automated response number was 800-446-0664
Print Wikipost

Wells Fargo 5X rewards cap

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2014, 12:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zeppoloveskafka
The loss of the primary account doesn't really hurt me in that they are easily replaced... my manufactured spend is pretty close to 100% of my total activity anyway. BofA was convenient for me based on the locations. And honestly I thought my long relationship with them would help. I've spent the last hour researching new banks...got a list of 6 to open up. I was planning on using wells fargo for this purpose...but then opened a new 6mo for pops...
Regardless the long history of your account, are you known at the branches as a person? Or you are just an account number to them, albeit the number exists for 20 years long?

Having a long history of open account does not mean you are being a known entity to the bank for the compliance reason.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 3:58 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
True, but that is not the issue. The problem is losing your toilet is still a problem whether you eat from it or not.
There are many more toilets out there to crap in and you should spread you poop around a bit (kinda like a monkey who throws it everywhere)...I have 11 toilets at the moment and if I lost one or two...well easy enough to get a couple new toilets
Old Apr 29, 2014, 4:41 am

Originally Posted by skibum7732
There are many more toilets out there to crap in and you should spread you poop around a bit (kinda like a monkey who throws it everywhere)...I have 11 toilets at the moment and if I lost one or two...well easy enough to get a couple new toilets
Yes, I understand. 1 of my other toilets recently "upgraded" their technology and no longer flush correctly. Another toilet recently became valuable for another reason. I have already called the plumber to get 3 new toilets installed, and plan on another 2 or 3 for today. The problem is I'm worried these new toilets might not be able to immediately handle my massive load.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 6:57 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by ChuckMango
Got approved for a 5k line

Asked to speak to a cs who said no credit analyst available and need to wait until card gets in their systems. Any tips on how to hike this thing to more scalable levels? Obviously not gonna work if i can't spend several times my allotted CL.
I had my credit bumped before I received the card. I was approved at $2k and only asked for $10k. I didn't want to be greedy but now I am regretting it LOL.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 7:16 am

Yes, I understand. 1 of my other toilets recently "upgraded" their technology and no longer flush correctly. Another toilet recently became valuable for another reason. I have already called the plumber to get 3 new toilets installed, and plan on another 2 or 3 for today. The problem is I'm worried these new toilets might not be able to immediately handle my massive load.
As a toilet salesman, I approve of the above
Old Apr 29, 2014, 8:57 am

Programs: AOPA
I got the gown rebate version of this card. Is there any different between this one and the cash back card? I am still getting the cash back card offer on the website. Hope it will be there in 6 month.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 2:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by cdancer20
Typically how long after you request cashback to your checking acct does it take to show up in acct? Just curious if it will get there before the end of the month.
Originally Posted by hawkstravler
2 or 3 days
Thanks! I requested it on Sunday and it showed up this morning (Tuesday). So less than 2 days or 1 biz day.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by toxicity
As a toilet salesman, I approve of the above
I went to a bathroom today and talked with the Executive Flusher. It's a small house with only 3 bathrooms. The lead flusher was quite astonished by the story I told her, which involved alphabet letters and Evil Stepmother toilet empires, but she was willing to talk to her toilet compliance officer. It seems like even if all goes well, there would be an outbreak of Severe
Acute Respiratory Syndrome, but I'm hoping I've gotten enough exposure that my body is immune to it.

Meanwhile I still have a couple weeks until the lid permanently closes on my old toilet, so I'll stick as much crap down there as possible... it can't break more than it already does, and the situation can't stink worse than it already does.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 9:34 pm
Suspended

Lol, these references making me read this whole damn thread.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by teddy25
I got the gown rebate version of this card. Is there any different between this one and the cash back card? I am still getting the cash back card offer on the website. Hope it will be there in 6 month.
Only difference is the home rebate sets up an auto award transfer that credits your mortgage $25 every time you earn $25. If you let that kick in, it will literally transfer only $25 every day, and send you a snail mail letter telling you so. I got 12 my first month. I just visit the rewards site on the statement close date and do my transfers manually ($50 statement credit to cover fees, then the rest to my mortgage).
Old Apr 29, 2014, 9:52 pm

Programs: AOPA
Thanks for the reply, does that mean I can use some of the rewards to recover my fee? Or cash out?

How do you make that change ?

Originally Posted by tjbrooks
Only difference is the home rebate sets up an auto award transfer that credits your mortgage $25 every time you earn $25. If you let that kick in, it will literally transfer only $25 every day, and send you a snail mail letter telling you so. I got 12 my first month. I just visit the rewards site on the statement close date and do my transfers manually ($50 statement credit to cover fees, then the rest to my mortgage).

Last edited by teddy25; Apr 29, 2014 at 10:11 pm
Old Apr 29, 2014, 10:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Originally Posted by tjbrooks
I agree that a manual release is always better
Old Apr 29, 2014, 11:52 pm

Any thoughts on paying the CC bill at a WF branch using cash? I know it is possible, I don't know if there are examples of this causing problems.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 12:29 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by marktelefono
Any thoughts on paying the CC bill at a WF branch using cash? I know it is possible, I don't know if there are examples of this causing problems.
I personally would not do this. Large cash payments may arouse suspicion, which you do not want.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 5:03 am

Originally Posted by marktelefono
I did this with citizens bank without incident last summer. I made things easier by lining up all my 20s facing the same direction. It's one of those things that probably wouldn't be a problem, but you never know. If you meet the right nosy person at the bank...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.