Last edit by: muji
Churnable to get repeated 5x rewards?

Not possible
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22871522-post710.html

Update April 16, 2016: Still Not Churnable
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...l#post26511091
__________________________________________________ _____________

How to pay down CL quickly?
ACH push from other banks to wells fargo checking and then use that to pay credit card

Likely to get shut down if...?
- Have a negative balance
- Have a really high balance
- Cycling several times through your CL
- Calling in and getting caught by human eyes for suspicious activities.

To check what your 5X/5% window is:
In the rewards account, go to My Rewards -> Account Activity and the days left on the promo will show up at the top....looks like a pie chart.

To check which transactions get 5X/5% before your statement posts
Now, to check if new transactions are eligible for 5X before statement closes, go to "My Rewards" on the top and click "Activity" and set the start/end dates. You should see a "bonus earning" for 4% extra cash back for anything that's eligible.

Caps on 5x / 5%??
There are no more caps.

What to do when transaction not going through due to FA?
Human @ fraud prevention line is 877-575-0462 (to verify charges if locked out) (Update 3-3-15 - Phone number no longer in service per this post)
Automated response number was 800-446-0664
Print Wikipost

Wells Fargo 5X rewards cap

Old Oct 11, 2013, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by raccah
My sincere guess is that you are all joking - or very jaded. This card is essentially giving me 250 dollars for a cost of 40 dollars, with close to ZERO effort. I have done this 4 times, with one more left and then I am maxed out (from what I read - though can find no proof of). Either way. for a cost of 200 dollars I am given 1250 in CASH. What is wrong here? I then use that cash to pay for all my 5x charges on Ink and turn them into miles

What am I missing??

That a lot of churners on here want to make $1250 in a week or two. Not 6 months. Yes this card is fine if you only want to churn up to your CL.
Old Oct 11, 2013, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by cashback
That a lot of churners on here want to make $1250 in a week or two. Not 6 months. Yes this card is fine if you only want to churn up to your CL.
Or in my case - FAR LESS. My CL is 13K, and I ONLY do 4K to 5K a month. No need to be too greedy here, that is what DD and FT have taught me. Be smart - not greedy!
Old Oct 11, 2013, 1:34 pm

Or in my case - FAR LESS. My CL is 13K, and I ONLY do 4K to 5K a month. No need to be too greedy here, that is what DD and FT have taught me. Be smart - not greedy!
To each his own.
Old Oct 11, 2013, 1:38 pm

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
I think you can be smart AND greedy, but it depends on the deal and the issuer.
Old Oct 11, 2013, 2:15 pm
jk2

I don't have a checking account with them, but I was able to get this card (I applied online). My CL is only $1K. There are no real opportunities for MS in my case. I just do $1K in purchases, then pay the balance and wait for the next month.
Old Oct 13, 2013, 8:28 pm

My sincere guess is that you are all joking - or very jaded. This card is essentially giving me 250 dollars for a cost of 40 dollars, with close to ZERO effort. I have done this 4 times, with one more left and then I am maxed out (from what I read - though can find no proof of). Either way. for a cost of 200 dollars I am given 1250 in CASH. What is wrong here? I then use that cash to pay for all my 5x charges on Ink and turn them into miles

What am I missing??
I agree with you. This is a good opportunity. The way I look at it is for 50K spend in 6 months you get a bonus of 2K. Not bad by a long shot.
Old Oct 13, 2013, 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by cashback
I don't think there are many opportunities available where you can make $1250 in a week or two. You have to look at the big picture. How many credit cards are available that afford you to opportunity to make 1k or more depending on your credit limit? You may not get a large opening bonus instantaneously, but the time it takes is minimal if all you're doing is buying VRs and loading it onto your BB card.
Old Oct 13, 2013, 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by dogbyte
I don't think there are many opportunities available where you can make $1250 in a week or two.
Not anymore. But many currently have this opportunity, including myself. So when I make that statement, it is comparing it to my current situation and I was answering a question on why it's not more popular.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 5:32 am

Does anyone know what merchant category Target purchases code to on this card (i.e., grocery store, department store, etc.)? I tried using the Visa merchant code look-up system without success.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 5:52 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UR, SPG,
Whoa, you guys are telling here that you spend 5K per month for CVS relods and Wells fargo does NOT even care and pay out all the points? 5K/m for MS and no shut downs?
Old Nov 5, 2013, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by Elmatador
Whoa, you guys are telling here that you spend 5K per month for CVS relods and Wells fargo does NOT even care and pay out all the points? 5K/m for MS and no shut downs?
A friend of mine had his hands slapped after three months. However, instead of closing his account down, he was given the option to keep the card open and earn the standard 1%.

My own personal experience has been interesting to say the least. I have had a long-term relationship with Wells Fargo, but their fraud detection department has frozen my account four times during the last month. After calling, they open my credit line, but it's a PITA. I have eased up a bit, as I really don't want to jeopardize the relationship with the bank.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 6:21 pm

Programs: Bunch of mid-tiers
Originally Posted by TTT103
A friend of mine had his hands slapped after three months. However, instead of closing his account down, he was given the option to keep the card open and earn the standard 1%.

My own personal experience has been interesting to say the least. I have had a long-term relationship with Wells Fargo, but their fraud detection department has frozen my account four times during the last month. After calling, they open my credit line, but it's a PITA. I have eased up a bit, as I really don't want to jeopardize the relationship with the bank.
Would you sharing how much activity led to the hand-slaps? PM is fine. I have a small relationship with WF and have been wondering if this card is worthwhile.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 1:50 pm

CL is 20K, spent 18K the first month, bonus is just posted
Old Nov 6, 2013, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by lisa2926
THat's good, how much of the 18K was MS?
Old Nov 7, 2013, 2:37 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UR, SPG,
Originally Posted by lisa2926
Well done. I am debating whether or not getting this one. Since there are no bonus. I'd have to do about 3K MS per 6 mo. to make it worth it the pull. that would total what you just did in 1 mo. ~ 90k points

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.