Last edit by: muji
Churnable to get repeated 5x rewards?

Not possible
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22871522-post710.html

Update April 16, 2016: Still Not Churnable
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...l#post26511091
__________________________________________________ _____________

How to pay down CL quickly?
ACH push from other banks to wells fargo checking and then use that to pay credit card

Likely to get shut down if...?
- Have a negative balance
- Have a really high balance
- Cycling several times through your CL
- Calling in and getting caught by human eyes for suspicious activities.

To check what your 5X/5% window is:
In the rewards account, go to My Rewards -> Account Activity and the days left on the promo will show up at the top....looks like a pie chart.

To check which transactions get 5X/5% before your statement posts
Now, to check if new transactions are eligible for 5X before statement closes, go to "My Rewards" on the top and click "Activity" and set the start/end dates. You should see a "bonus earning" for 4% extra cash back for anything that's eligible.

Caps on 5x / 5%??
There are no more caps.

What to do when transaction not going through due to FA?
Human @ fraud prevention line is 877-575-0462 (to verify charges if locked out) (Update 3-3-15 - Phone number no longer in service per this post)
Automated response number was 800-446-0664
Print Wikipost

Wells Fargo 5X rewards cap

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2014, 6:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Originally Posted by ziwei
can you kindly tell me which wiki it is? I can not fund the wiki you mentioned

thank you
top of this page...however "funding" a wiki might not be the best financial choice, as there are much better places to put your $
Old Apr 11, 2014, 7:18 pm
Suspended

how often do you use your card and how much each time?
like purchase VR cards every two days, each time $1007.95? or each time $503.95?

Do you have other transactions other than drugstore purchases?
Back in the beans era, I would should shoot to get 10 beans per visit, and only at our favorite store. Never used it anywhere else. The least I bought was 1 bean because that is the only one left in the store. I have 2 cards, 1st card mine and 2nd card I am authorize user in wife's card, and I would alternate between the 2 cards. I would visit our favorite store maybe every couple days (depends on how many beans I got in my visit). Once the statement closes for a card and the rewards post, I would cash out right away(into the checking). Before I got the 2 cards, I stuck a significant amount of money into the 2 checking accounts to facilitate my project(helps with the cycle process). I knew in the beginning that this is only a 6 month project and I had to do my best to maximize the opportunity. If I get any rewards stuck, I planned to fight them to the very end to get it back. Worst case I lose invested money (fees) to make money. I have several places were I keep my real money, so that I am not afraid to go hard or go home.

In the after beans era, it is a little bit harder. But I still try to make my quota per visit. Hope this helps I am satisfied of what I accomplished in the last 3 months, and any additional I get in the final 3 months will be icing on the cake.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by ChessMaster1
Back in the beans era, I would should shoot to get 10 beans per visit, and only at our favorite store. Never used it anywhere else. The least I bought was 1 bean because that is the only one left in the store. I have 2 cards, 1st card mine and 2nd card I am authorize user in wife's card, and I would alternate between the 2 cards. I would visit our favorite store maybe every couple days (depends on how many beans I got in my visit). Once the statement closes for a card and the rewards post, I would cash out right away(into the checking). Before I got the 2 cards, I stuck a significant amount of money into the 2 checking accounts to facilitate my project(helps with the cycle process). I knew in the beginning that this is only a 6 month project and I had to do my best to maximize the opportunity. If I get any rewards stuck, I planned to fight them to the very end to get it back. Worst case I lose invested money (fees) to make money. I have several places were I keep my real money, so that I am not afraid to go hard or go home.

In the after beans era, it is a little bit harder. But I still try to make my quota per visit. Hope this helps I am satisfied of what I accomplished in the last 3 months, and any additional I get in the final 3 months will be icing on the cake.
thank you very much. Within less than one month my wellsfargo card already got blocked three times by fraud department, which made me nervous, dare not to use too much.
this is the first time I deal with wellsfargo bank credit card, and the experience so far was not good at all. It is too easy to trigger the fraud alert and got blocked, and you have to call to unblock it.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 8:32 pm
Suspended

thank you very much. Within less than one month my wellsfargo card already got blocked three times by fraud department, which made me nervous, dare not to use too much.
this is the first time I deal with wellsfargo bank credit card, and the experience so far was not good at all. It is too easy to trigger the fraud alert and got blocked, and you have to call to unblock it.
I got those fraud alerts too in the beginning. Once I got it unblocked and let the card get used to my spending pattern, it was smooth sailing. That is why it is best to go big or go home...you got little to lose.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 9:00 pm

Chess- How quickly did you ramp stuff up? Were you at 5k within the first couple weeks?

4 more days on my card, but pops was just approved for a card, so this game is going into 6 more months of extra innings for me. Liquidation is getting very difficult...when one of your methods is using vanilla visas to buy moneypaks for cards you have to liquidate for a fee at the ATM, you know times are tough.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 7:51 am
Suspended

[QUOTE=zeppoloveskafka;22691642]Chess- How quickly did you ramp stuff up? Were you at 5k within the first couple weeks?

4 more days on my card, but pops was just approved for a card, so this game is going into 6 more months of extra innings for me. Liquidation is getting very difficult...when one of your methods is using vanilla visas to buy moneypaks for cards you have to liquidate for a fee at the ATM, you know times are tough.

zeppoloveskafka...within the first week I was picking 10 beans per card...first couple days I got fraud alerts calls. After verifying with rep and/or phone computer for 2 to 10 beans shopping, I was good to go. With my card (wife's card where I was authorize user was smooth sailing) I went very fast the first 4 days, and I had to go the branch to verify my shopping (again all in one store purchases). No one really said that much about that, and when I verified my identity to the branch(need DL and SS) and my purchases with phone rep with branch worker present, I was good to go. Since then, smooth sailing. For now, this is my favorite bank.^
Old Apr 12, 2014, 8:36 am

Exclamation Wells Fargo card question

I made a boo boo with my WF card. I was quick to bill pay with Serve & paid my statement balance. I forgot about the 5% cashback that would be posted to my account.

I know that WF frowns on overpayments. I currently have a -250$ account balance. I don't plan to be using my WF much this month.

Do I need to worry about possible shutdown? (I've only had the account for 1 1/2 months)
Old Apr 12, 2014, 8:57 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by envoy245
I made a boo boo with my WF card. I was quick to bill pay with Serve & paid my statement balance. I forgot about the 5% cashback that would be posted to my account.

I know that WF frowns on overpayments. I currently have a -250$ account balance. I don't plan to be using my WF much this month.

Do I need to worry about possible shutdown? (I've only had the account for 1 1/2 months)
I don't have a WF card, so I don't know the answer to your question.

But if you are worried about the positive balance sitting in your account, why not just go to CVS, buy a $500 OV, wait till it actually posts this time, then pay off the $250 negative balance.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 9:41 am

Over payments have a tendency to freak them out. I would resolve it if I were you.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by thorax
Over payments have a tendency to freak them out. I would resolve it if I were you.
Definitely will do. I'll fill up my car today & buy some FAR crap from Staples.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 10:14 am

Delete
Old Apr 12, 2014, 11:29 am

Definitely will do. I'll fill up my car today & buy some FAR crap from Staples.
You are probably not going to get shut down for one overpayment, but you might get a call. WF's system does not update Saturday night, and updates in a limited way Sunday night, so maybe you'd be ok if you find a place that posts transactions quickly? For me rite-aid was always one day quicker than CVS.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 4:16 pm

Programs: UA Plat (1MM), AA Plat, HH Diamond, MR Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat.
Originally Posted by thorax
Just out of curiosity, is this just a WF eccentricity or an industry wide thing?
Old Apr 12, 2014, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by @ORD
Just out of curiosity, is this just a WF eccentricity or an industry wide thing?
WF seems to be picky. I always wait for transactions to post before sending in a payment.

And they don't like you spending more than your credit line during a billing cycle -- even if you make payments. They are also stingy with their credit lines which makes it had to MS. I am relatively lucky with my credit line; I don't feel like asking for an increase b/c I don't want a hard inquiry.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 10:57 pm

WF seems to be picky. I always wait for transactions to post before sending in a payment.

And they don't like you spending more than your credit line during a billing cycle -- even if you make payments. They are also stingy with their credit lines which makes it had to MS. I am relatively lucky with my credit line; I don't feel like asking for an increase b/c I don't want a hard inquiry.
damn.. I've had the card for few days and already did 2x CL... hmm. Perhaps time to slow down.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.