Last edit by: muji
Churnable to get repeated 5x rewards?

Not possible
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22871522-post710.html

Update April 16, 2016: Still Not Churnable
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...l#post26511091
__________________________________________________ _____________

How to pay down CL quickly?
ACH push from other banks to wells fargo checking and then use that to pay credit card

Likely to get shut down if...?
- Have a negative balance
- Have a really high balance
- Cycling several times through your CL
- Calling in and getting caught by human eyes for suspicious activities.

To check what your 5X/5% window is:
In the rewards account, go to My Rewards -> Account Activity and the days left on the promo will show up at the top....looks like a pie chart.

To check which transactions get 5X/5% before your statement posts
Now, to check if new transactions are eligible for 5X before statement closes, go to "My Rewards" on the top and click "Activity" and set the start/end dates. You should see a "bonus earning" for 4% extra cash back for anything that's eligible.

Caps on 5x / 5%??
There are no more caps.

What to do when transaction not going through due to FA?
Human @ fraud prevention line is 877-575-0462 (to verify charges if locked out) (Update 3-3-15 - Phone number no longer in service per this post)
Automated response number was 800-446-0664
Print Wikipost

Wells Fargo 5X rewards cap

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2014, 10:53 am

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ChessMaster1
this will mess up my spending pattern with my card ( I spend a least 1K per transaction). I am trying to avoid fraud alerts on my card.
Then don't rely on others to the work for you.

Originally Posted by susieling
Also, how is the 6 month calculated? I applied on 4/1 and got the card on 4/6, statement out 4/8, until what date will I be earning the 5%?
See the Wiki I just created.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by amolkold

Cool! Thanks for the wiki -- WellsFargo did a great job to save a lot of callings!
Old Apr 10, 2014, 4:48 pm

You have to experiment on your own to see what Target codes it. I have one card that codes my Target as a supermarket, and another one that does not for the same Target. I'm strongly in the camp of not making extra small charges on this card, but 1 small charge as an experiment seems worth it.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 7:21 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by zeppoloveskafka
You have to experiment on your own to see what Target codes it. I have one card that codes my Target as a supermarket, and another one that does not for the same Target. I'm strongly in the camp of not making extra small charges on this card, but 1 small charge as an experiment seems worth it.
Precisely ^
Old Apr 10, 2014, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
You should get 1% back either way, so while not ideal considering the costs, I'd probably just go whole hog once just to avoid the small charges. Sometimes you gotta spend money to make money!
Old Apr 11, 2014, 10:28 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by amolkold
You're awesome! Thanks!
Old Apr 11, 2014, 10:31 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Woohoo my wine purchase at the alcohol store got 5x. LOL.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by cdancer20
Question - I was reading through this thread and FW. Someone between the two threads mentioned getting the Rewards card b/c you could redeem for travel. I did a test on the travel website and I couldn't see any difference between booking there or using Expedia (minus MAYBE a few bucks). Is there still any benefit for redeeming through travel?
anyone?
Old Apr 11, 2014, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by cdancer20
anyone?
For some reason I thought I read somewhere that redeeming for travel gave you 1.25 cent per point in flat value, not 1 cent.

I don't have the card yet so can't confirm.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 2:48 pm

I was blocked on 4/9 for $1.40 at postal office, and then spent $338 okay later,
and then on 4/10 was blocked again for $18.xx at target.

So, small amount of purchase is not wise for this car? I am trying to have more transactions to dilute the drug store purchases. I only did 3 490-495 purchases only for the first month. Seems very hard to take advantage of the 5% for 6 months.

worry if they will close my account so all rewards get lost one day.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by wvums
I'm in my third month of WF with 12k limit. I used the card for daily expenses in small amounts to disguise my CVS purchases in the first week. I was getting a fraud alert every time I attempted even a $500 purchase. After reading advice here, I dropped all regular spend and reverted to only MS. I spent $1000, let it post, then $1500, $3000, and finally $5000 in every transaction since. I have yet to have a fraud alert again. First month I ran 1x CL, 2nd month 2.5x CL, third month I should hit 3x CL and no issues.
so, small amount of purchase will trigger fraud alert, and large amount (like 503.95, 1007.90) are okay?
so so strange
Old Apr 11, 2014, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by ziwei
so, small amount of purchase will trigger fraud alert, and large amount (like 503.95, 1007.90) are okay?
so so strange
From what I saw it's more about the total amount of purchases, not the size of them. In other words 8x500 is worse than 1x4000.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 5:09 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ziwei
I was blocked on 4/9 for $1.40 at postal office, and then spent $338 okay later,
and then on 4/10 was blocked again for $18.xx at target.

So, small amount of purchase is not wise for this car? I am trying to have more transactions to dilute the drug store purchases. I only did 3 490-495 purchases only for the first month. Seems very hard to take advantage of the 5% for 6 months.

worry if they will close my account so all rewards get lost one day.
I been making a killing on this card for 3 months and all my purchases are from our favorite store
Old Apr 11, 2014, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by ChessMaster1
I been making a killing on this card for 3 months and all my purchases are from our favorite store
how often do you use your card and how much each time?
like purchase VR cards every two days, each time $1007.95? or each time $503.95?

Do you have other transactions other than drugstore purchases?
Old Apr 11, 2014, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by susieling
Cool! Thanks for the wiki -- WellsFargo did a great job to save a lot of callings!
can you kindly tell me which wiki it is? I can not fund the wiki you mentioned

thank you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.