Wells Fargo 5X rewards cap

    Hide Wikipost
Old Feb 6, 17, 3:15 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: muji
Wiki Link
Churnable to get repeated 5x rewards?

Not possible
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22871522-post710.html

Update April 16, 2016: Still Not Churnable
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...l#post26511091
__________________________________________________ _____________

How to pay down CL quickly?
ACH push from other banks to wells fargo checking and then use that to pay credit card


Likely to get shut down if...?
- Have a negative balance
- Have a really high balance
- Cycling several times through your CL
- Calling in and getting caught by human eyes for suspicious activities.


To check what your 5X/5% window is:
In the rewards account, go to My Rewards -> Account Activity and the days left on the promo will show up at the top....looks like a pie chart.


To check which transactions get 5X/5% before your statement posts
Now, to check if new transactions are eligible for 5X before statement closes, go to "My Rewards" on the top and click "Activity" and set the start/end dates. You should see a "bonus earning" for 4% extra cash back for anything that's eligible.


Caps on 5x / 5%??
There are no more caps.


What to do when transaction not going through due to FA?
Human @ fraud prevention line is 877-575-0462 (to verify charges if locked out) (Update 3-3-15 - Phone number no longer in service per this post)
Automated response number was 800-446-0664
Print Wikipost

Old Mar 31, 14, 3:09 am
  #466  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: ATL/LAX
Posts: 4,869
Originally Posted by seven-up View Post
I got this card in the mail today. None of the documents in the mailing mention 5% rewards. ... Only 1%. Plan to give it a try tomorrow and see what happens.
I hate to be all circle and arrows, but if you are wondering about 5%, do this:

In your account summary page on WF website, go into the CC, and click "show my rewards" on the left side, then click "Visit Wells Fargo Rewards"

From there go to "Earn Rewards" on the top and click "My Offers" and go into the "Promotional Offers-Usage" tab.

I applied for my card on 3/18 and was instantly approved. Activated it on 3/24. My eligible date shows 3/20/14 and an end date of 9/16/14. I'll take it.


Now, to check if new transactions are eligible for 5X before statement closes, go to "My Rewards" on the top and click "Activity" and set the start/end dates. You should see a "bonus earning" for 4% extra cash back for anything that's eligible. I did a test charge at my local Target and lets just say I'll be doing AFT reloads with this card at that store.

Last edited by amolkold; Mar 31, 14 at 3:15 am
amolkold is offline  
Old Mar 31, 14, 9:44 am
  #467  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Austin, Texas
Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Posts: 25,853
Originally Posted by amolkold View Post
I hate to be all circle and arrows, but if you are wondering about 5%, do this:
Considering knowing whether one person's card is 5% or not doesn't really hurt anyone else, circles and arrows aren't really a problem for this one individual problem.
TheBOSman is offline  
Old Mar 31, 14, 10:08 am
  #468  
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 396
Anyone know if KMart purchases earn the grocery bonus?
mrmandel is offline  
Old Mar 31, 14, 10:16 am
  #469  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,033
Originally Posted by mrmandel View Post
Anyone know if KMart purchases earn the grocery bonus?
I doubt it but look up the merchant code for visa for your specific store in question.
ibleed0range is offline  
Old Mar 31, 14, 4:49 pm
  #470  
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 190
Just figured out my promotional expired 14 days prior to my latest bean binge and I kept buying thinking I would have more time. haha lesson learned.
Nomoneyinmybank is offline  
Old Mar 31, 14, 6:03 pm
  #471  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 22
Originally Posted by seven-up View Post
I got this card in the mail today. None of the documents in the mailing mention 5% rewards. ... Only 1%. Plan to give it a try tomorrow and see what happens.
I had the same experience when I got my card ~2 weeks ago. No mention of 5% anywhere in any paperwork, nor anywhere I could find on my account online, but I can report that I have been earning 5% cash back so far with the card at drugstores.
emipink21 is offline  
Old Mar 31, 14, 10:45 pm
  #472  
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 102
I've received two offers from WF

1) Wells Fargo Rewards card with 10,000 points after spending $1000
2) Wells Fargo Home Rebate card with $100 bonus if you spend $1000 in three months.

I have a mortgage, so I don't mind using the rebate card to pay down the principal. But am I correct in assuming the rewards card will give me more flexibility via statement credits on my monthly bill?

Also, does the speed with which the rewards post, similiar in both cases, a month behind?

Unless anyone has any additional insight I will apply for the rewards card.
marktelefono is offline  
Old Mar 31, 14, 11:33 pm
  #473  
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 732
Originally Posted by marktelefono View Post
I have a mortgage, so I don't mind using the rebate card to pay down the principal. But am I correct in assuming the rewards card will give me more flexibility via statement credits on my monthly bill?
I have the mortgage version. Basically it's the cash back card except it sets up an automatic $25 transfer to your mortgage account every time your rewards exceed $25. And it will only do that once per day until your balance is under $25. And it will send you a snail mail letter, telling you that it sent $25, every day. I learned after the first month you have full access to your rewards the day after your statement closes. Do all your transferring ASAP; you can transfer in 25/50/100/250 increments. I'm pretty sure you can even turn the auto transfer off (I haven't tried, but the mechanism is there).

Originally Posted by marktelefono View Post
Also, does the speed with which the rewards post, similiar in both cases, a month behind?
No, the rewards from that month are available shortly after the statement closes. It's not like the Amex BCP.

Originally Posted by marktelefono View Post
Unless anyone has any additional insight I will apply for the rewards card.
Do the cards with the sign-up bonuses have the 5% for 6mo promo too? I'm guessing no....
tjbrooks is offline  
Old Mar 31, 14, 11:55 pm
  #474  
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 102
Originally Posted by tjbrooks View Post

Do the cards with the sign-up bonuses have the 5% for 6mo promo too? I'm guessing no....
Thanks for the info in your post

Yes, they have both the bonus and 5% for six months
marktelefono is offline  
Old Apr 1, 14, 3:49 am
  #475  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 632
Originally Posted by amolkold View Post
I hate to be all circle and arrows, but if you are wondering about 5%, do this:

In your account summary page on WF website, go into the CC, and click "show my rewards" on the left side, then click "Visit Wells Fargo Rewards"

From there go to "Earn Rewards" on the top and click "My Offers" and go into the "Promotional Offers-Usage" tab.

I applied for my card on 3/18 and was instantly approved. Activated it on 3/24. My eligible date shows 3/20/14 and an end date of 9/16/14. I'll take it.


Now, to check if new transactions are eligible for 5X before statement closes, go to "My Rewards" on the top and click "Activity" and set the start/end dates. You should see a "bonus earning" for 4% extra cash back for anything that's eligible. I did a test charge at my local Target and lets just say I'll be doing AFT reloads with this card at that store.
That stinks if this is true. I received my card last week. Called in and made sure they said yes you have the promotional 4% on gas, grocery, and drug store. But my card does not show any promotional offers when I go through the directions above.

First charges have finally posted on my card today, nothing shows up on the rewards site to check if I am getting the bonus %.

Wife/I have a joint WF CC from about 15 years ago. This was a new one just in wife's name. They gave her the WF Signature card. She applied for the CB card. Already have 9K spending on it in bonus categories, 20K line.

Edit: I also see someone posted here that T&C say can not have a previous WF card, (that is why I called in to see if we got the promotion before I did the purchases). I am not able to find where this is in the T&C?

Last edited by FlyingBoat; Apr 1, 14 at 4:03 am
FlyingBoat is offline  
Old Apr 1, 14, 10:33 am
  #476  
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Uranus
Posts: 332
Originally Posted by tjbrooks View Post
I have the mortgage version. Basically it's the cash back card except it sets up an automatic $25 transfer to your mortgage account every time your rewards exceed $25. And it will only do that once per day until your balance is under $25. And it will send you a snail mail letter, telling you that it sent $25, every day. I learned after the first month you have full access to your rewards the day after your statement closes. Do all your transferring ASAP; you can transfer in 25/50/100/250 increments. I'm pretty sure you can even turn the auto transfer off (I haven't tried, but the mechanism is there).


No, the rewards from that month are available shortly after the statement closes. It's not like the Amex BCP.


Do the cards with the sign-up bonuses have the 5% for 6mo promo too? I'm guessing no....
I must have it set to auto-apply as it automatically posts to my mortgage every month. Seems much easier.
toxicity is offline  
Old Apr 1, 14, 5:41 pm
  #477  
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 11
I've been hitting this 5% back card pretty hard at CVS the past few months. I got a letter in the mail today from Wells Fargo Card Services, and thought 'Uh oh, they're cutting me off...' Well I opened it and it said since I am one of their most valued card holders, and have spent over $50k on the card, I'm now going to receive an additional 0.35% on all purchases for the next 6 months. (Also waiving foreign currency conversion fees.) Guess I'll be making 5.35% back my last month with this card.
wake1027 is offline  
Old Apr 1, 14, 5:44 pm
  #478  
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: USA
Programs: United 1K. AA LTGD
Posts: 458
Originally Posted by wake1027 View Post
I've been hitting this 5% back card pretty hard at CVS the past few months. I got a letter in the mail today from Wells Fargo Card Services, and thought 'Uh oh, they're cutting me off...' Well I opened it and it said since I am one of their most valued card holders, and have spent over $50k on the card, I'm now going to receive an additional 0.35% on all purchases for the next 6 months. (Also waiving foreign currency conversion fees.) Guess I'll be making 5.35% back my last month with this card.
Congrats! ^

Except that CVS is going cash only on VR...
clockhand is offline  
Old Apr 2, 14, 8:53 am
  #479  
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 747
Originally Posted by clockhand View Post
Congrats! ^

Except that CVS is going cash only on VR...
Yup. Sucks since I was just gearing up to apply for this card.
nrdk is offline  
Old Apr 2, 14, 11:26 am
  #480  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Raiegh, NC
Posts: 300
CVS stills sells VGC, don't they?
CrediPig is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: