Last edit by: muji
Churnable to get repeated 5x rewards?

Not possible
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22871522-post710.html

Update April 16, 2016: Still Not Churnable
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...l#post26511091
__________________________________________________ _____________

How to pay down CL quickly?
ACH push from other banks to wells fargo checking and then use that to pay credit card

Likely to get shut down if...?
- Have a negative balance
- Have a really high balance
- Cycling several times through your CL
- Calling in and getting caught by human eyes for suspicious activities.

To check what your 5X/5% window is:
In the rewards account, go to My Rewards -> Account Activity and the days left on the promo will show up at the top....looks like a pie chart.

To check which transactions get 5X/5% before your statement posts
Now, to check if new transactions are eligible for 5X before statement closes, go to "My Rewards" on the top and click "Activity" and set the start/end dates. You should see a "bonus earning" for 4% extra cash back for anything that's eligible.

Caps on 5x / 5%??
There are no more caps.

What to do when transaction not going through due to FA?
Human @ fraud prevention line is 877-575-0462 (to verify charges if locked out) (Update 3-3-15 - Phone number no longer in service per this post)
Automated response number was 800-446-0664
Print Wikipost

Wells Fargo 5X rewards cap

Old Mar 25, 2014, 2:24 pm

Programs: Bunch of mid-tiers
I have a checking & saving accounts as well, opened a couple of months before I got my card. I've done payments from both checking and external (BB, GB, etc) sources with no issues on posting. I've been careful with payment timing not to go negative. No idea what suddenly triggered this, especially since I went over last month.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by ctbarron
Got a smack down for spending over my credit line yesterday/today. I have a $13k CL, data as follows:

Cycle 1 (like 9 days): spent $2k

Cycle 2: spent 95% of CL. Did not go over, paid down in between, etc.

Cycle 3: spent 150% of CL. No issues, calls, warnings, paid down in between, etc.

Cycle 4: plan was 200-250% of CL. Went over CL in total spend last night, no issues with the transaction. My account was paid down below 50% of total at the time.

This AM my card was denied at a gas station (non-MS) purchase. Nothing appeared online so I called in, and got transferred to the “Credit” group. My account was flagged for going over the credit limit. I was sternly told to not spend over my credit limit each cycle, regardless of how much I pay down, or I risked having my account closed and rewards forfeited. There was no mention of me going over my CL last cycle, nor did they ask or make note of any of the large, frequent CVS/grocery store purchases. Note each cycle had a couple hundred dollars in non-MS spend on it.

So, I guess I’ve found my upper bound for now. It is strange they flagged me the second time I did this, not the first time. I’m still thinking I will run it into the ground on my last cycle.
I've said this over and over again on this thread. Stop making stupid little purchases like at gas stations. I've been wailing away at this card for 5 months now, at far higher levels than you with less of a credit line. I also got that warning, was told on here to forget about it, I took it easy for a few days, and that wam bam went back into action. LESS PURCHASES=HAPPINESS.

Getting ready for round 2 for my dad. I've opened him up a checking account...crossing fingers he gets a decent credit line.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 5:05 pm

Programs: Bunch of mid-tiers
Originally Posted by zeppoloveskafka
I've said this over and over again on this thread. Stop making stupid little purchases like at gas stations. I've been wailing away at this card for 5 months now, at far higher levels than you with less of a credit line. I also got that warning, was told on here to forget about it, I took it easy for a few days, and that wam bam went back into action. LESS PURCHASES=HAPPINESS.
Good to know on keeping going - thanks.

I seriously doubt the little gas purchase had anything to do with this - I used it to buy gas since it is my best gas card right now.

Last edited by ctbarron; Mar 25, 2014 at 5:38 pm Reason: spelling
Old Mar 27, 2014, 11:18 am

When are you making payments?

How soon after making the purchases are you paying off your balance? (And by what method?)

I made a purchase at CVS over 48 hours ago and it still has not posted to my account. - Hopefully this doesn't get me a call as I scheduled a payment with bluebird, since I read on here that it might take several days to post. It has posted already and my account shows a negative balance!

I can't believe it takes over two days for charges to post. I've never seen any merchant take this long. Anyways I need to time my payments better than this. I read the advice about being careful about giving extra time for weekend payments to apply. I'll take caution regarding that as well.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by startbyservingothers
How soon after making the purchases are you paying off your balance? (And by what method?)

I made a purchase at CVS over 48 hours ago and it still has not posted to my account. - Hopefully this doesn't get me a call as I scheduled a payment with bluebird, since I read on here that it might take several days to post. It has posted already and my account shows a negative balance!

I can't believe it takes over two days for charges to post. I've never seen any merchant take this long. Anyways I need to time my payments better than this. I read the advice about being careful about giving extra time for weekend payments to apply. I'll take caution regarding that as well.
You clearly never read a sentence in this thread. If you are in your first month it probably makes no difference but I'll bet that if you do it again they will just close your account without warning. The charges take 3 days to post and watch out on the weekends.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by ibleed0range
You clearly never read a sentence in this thread. If you are in your first month it probably makes no difference but I'll bet that if you do it again they will just close your account without warning. The charges take 3 days to post and watch out on the weekends.
I appreciate you answering the question despite the attitude. I always try to do some research prior to posting, but perhaps this was repeated time and time again many pages ago. Thank you.

By the way, my large grocery store purchase did post within about 48 hours. (But I'm sure this has been reported many times already)
Old Mar 27, 2014, 3:39 pm

Goin today to open a WF checking account with the $100 bonus offer since I have a mortgage there. Figure I'll let it soak for 2 weeks than apply for this card and start hittin it hard.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 8:21 am

Heads up! It seems that WF is correcting their mistakes of calculating bonus for those opened CC in late August. Today I logged into my account, and found an additional ~$80 of cash back. Although it's still less than what I should get, it's better than nothing!
Old Mar 28, 2014, 9:50 am

Programs: AA, SPG, UR
How many days does it take from the charge made to rewards applied. I made my first charges on 2/25 (over 2K - @ safe way) and today I see my first reward of only $6.20 something (I know, no relation to 5% CB, but at least something). Anyone experience this?
Old Mar 28, 2014, 4:31 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, National Car Executive
Smile

Wells has definitely fixed the problem for me. I was approved September 3 but bonuses stopped in February. I called and opened a case for 18k of February beans at CVS. I had only received 1% on that spend. The remaining 4% posted today. I was told it would take up to 10 business days and it took exactly 10 to fix. So I would call in an open a case if you don't get 6 months of 5%.

Last edited by mfFrom35K; Mar 28, 2014 at 4:32 pm Reason: fix grammar
Old Mar 28, 2014, 5:58 pm

I got this card in the mail today. None of the documents in the mailing mention 5% rewards. ... Only 1%. Plan to give it a try tomorrow and see what happens.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by seven-up
I got this card in the mail today. None of the documents in the mailing mention 5% rewards. ... Only 1%. Plan to give it a try tomorrow and see what happens.
Look on the rewards site and see if the offer is there,
Old Mar 29, 2014, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by mifuchs
Wells has definitely fixed the problem for me. I was approved September 3 but bonuses stopped in February. I called and opened a case for 18k of February beans at CVS. I had only received 1% on that spend. The remaining 4% posted today. I was told it would take up to 10 business days and it took exactly 10 to fix. So I would call in an open a case if you don't get 6 months of 5%.
I never even called in, but I noticed a credit of "some" missing points today. I'll cash out these and then figure out the remaining amount and complain . Good to know they are most likely fixing the "missing" 5x points.

Actually, they did credit all the points. CHECK YOUR ACCOUNTS!
Old Mar 30, 2014, 11:30 am

This isn't an at Pump only 5% reward is it? Just want to make sure it worked for in store purchases as well. Anyone have experience with that? I am talking instore gift card purchases from a gas station, i.e. not a grocery chain.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingBoat
This isn't an at Pump only 5% reward is it? Just want to make sure it worked for in store purchases as well. Anyone have experience with that? I am talking instore gift card purchases from a gas station, i.e. not a grocery chain.
hey you!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.