Last edit by: muji
Churnable to get repeated 5x rewards?

Not possible
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22871522-post710.html

Update April 16, 2016: Still Not Churnable
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...l#post26511091
__________________________________________________ _____________

How to pay down CL quickly?
ACH push from other banks to wells fargo checking and then use that to pay credit card

Likely to get shut down if...?
- Have a negative balance
- Have a really high balance
- Cycling several times through your CL
- Calling in and getting caught by human eyes for suspicious activities.

To check what your 5X/5% window is:
In the rewards account, go to My Rewards -> Account Activity and the days left on the promo will show up at the top....looks like a pie chart.

To check which transactions get 5X/5% before your statement posts
Now, to check if new transactions are eligible for 5X before statement closes, go to "My Rewards" on the top and click "Activity" and set the start/end dates. You should see a "bonus earning" for 4% extra cash back for anything that's eligible.

Caps on 5x / 5%??
There are no more caps.

What to do when transaction not going through due to FA?
Human @ fraud prevention line is 877-575-0462 (to verify charges if locked out) (Update 3-3-15 - Phone number no longer in service per this post)
Automated response number was 800-446-0664
Print Wikipost

Wells Fargo 5X rewards cap

Old Jan 22, 2014, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by newbynewbynew
Yes, back up and running. Did $2K today without issue.
So why was it temporarily locked/closed? If you do not mind sharing?
Old Jan 22, 2014, 7:00 pm

Programs: Bunch of mid-tiers
Originally Posted by rgAAFT
How are people going about finding out the date when their 5X promo is almost over? Has anyone been able to call and find out the end date? I know if nothing weird happens mine is supposed to end sometime in March or April 2014, but don't know exactly and don't want to waste a better opportunity as a result !? Also, in the beginning there was info going around that there was a hidden $10k monthly cap on 5X earning with this card? Is that true? PM's welcome!
Thanks
I think someone posted up thread that it is actually your first six statements. Bad for me because I had my card for about 10 days before my first statement closed.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by RJ5929
So why was it temporarily locked/closed? If you do not mind sharing?
They wanted to confirm large purchases. I doubt that was reason it got restricted though.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 9:15 pm

Anyone run into a problem where they can no longer make online payments to their WF account? I think there may be a limit of 10 payments per month or per billing cycle. Can anyone confirm or deny? I'm attempting to make a payment from an external checking account.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 10:48 pm

Programs: Delta silver, HH silver, IHG platinum, SPG gold, AMEX platinum
I think there may be a limit of 10 payments per month or per billing cycle. Can anyone confirm or deny? I'm attempting to make a payment from an external checking account.[/QUOTE]
No experience with external checking account but no limit when using WF checking account. Definitely a good idea to open one with these cards...
Old Jan 23, 2014, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by met152
Anyone run into a problem where they can no longer make online payments to their WF account? I think there may be a limit of 10 payments per month or per billing cycle. Can anyone confirm or deny? I'm attempting to make a payment from an external checking account.
Currently ran into this issue. I was making a few smaller payments, but I guess I'll have to just make bigger, less frequent payments. I don't think I'm at 10 though. Only showing 7.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 7:55 am

Initially my payments from 4 BB accounts were on hold for two weeks since many payments came out at the same time in small amounts. This monthy they seem to process them sooner.

Last edited by RJ5929; Jan 23, 2014 at 9:26 am
Old Jan 26, 2014, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by fletch512
I've had no issues with making $5000 purchases.
Did you have to build up to this amount? I've had the card for 2 weeks. 12K limit and was doing $500 VGC one at a time. Bumped up to $1k spend at 7-11 and got call from CSR about fraud alert for such a large purchase at a gas station. Is it easier to get larger transaction totals through at CVS on this card than at gas stations? Should i mix purchases up between gas and drugstore?

Also, any red flags raised by repeatedly depositing MO directly to WF checking and paying card (once transactions have posted obviously)?
Old Jan 26, 2014, 11:18 pm

I have a WF Visa Platinum card from 2009. Do you think if I apply for the new card I will receive the 6 month bonus?
Old Jan 27, 2014, 9:44 pm

Programs: Hilton, Hyatt, Priority, SPG - AA, Hawaiian Airline, United, US Airline
Are Stater bros, Vons, Albertson considered groceries store for Wells Fargo?
Old Jan 27, 2014, 10:52 pm

Vons definitely is.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by met152
I've been exceeding that without issue.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by chasewalker
I have a WF Visa Platinum card from 2009. Do you think if I apply for the new card I will receive the 6 month bonus?
T&C state no previous wells fargo credit card period. I'm sure some people have gotten it but YMMV.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 9:47 am

Programs: Hilton, Hyatt, Priority, SPG - AA, Hawaiian Airline, United, US Airline

Anyone knows about it?
Old Jan 28, 2014, 10:06 am

Programs: All of the Above
Originally Posted by happy9zz

Anyone knows about it?
Why don't you test it and see? Just look at the pending rewards....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.