Last edit by: muji
Churnable to get repeated 5x rewards?

Not possible
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22871522-post710.html

Update April 16, 2016: Still Not Churnable
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...l#post26511091
__________________________________________________ _____________

How to pay down CL quickly?
ACH push from other banks to wells fargo checking and then use that to pay credit card

Likely to get shut down if...?
- Have a negative balance
- Have a really high balance
- Cycling several times through your CL
- Calling in and getting caught by human eyes for suspicious activities.

To check what your 5X/5% window is:
In the rewards account, go to My Rewards -> Account Activity and the days left on the promo will show up at the top....looks like a pie chart.

To check which transactions get 5X/5% before your statement posts
Now, to check if new transactions are eligible for 5X before statement closes, go to "My Rewards" on the top and click "Activity" and set the start/end dates. You should see a "bonus earning" for 4% extra cash back for anything that's eligible.

Caps on 5x / 5%??
There are no more caps.

What to do when transaction not going through due to FA?
Human @ fraud prevention line is 877-575-0462 (to verify charges if locked out) (Update 3-3-15 - Phone number no longer in service per this post)
Automated response number was 800-446-0664
Print Wikipost

Wells Fargo 5X rewards cap

Old Jan 5, 2014, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by RJ5929
Same here. I got several fraud alert calls while I make the transactions over the last 2 months. Yesterday, the cashier had to call in to clear my transaction and that took over 15 min while I was waiting in the line. Hated that.

WF CSR said that I am overpaying my card and will eventually be closed by compliance dept. if I keep doing this (overpaying??). I don't overpay. I just make the payment the same day transaction was made. But the in-store transaction takes three to four days to be posted.

All my payments from BB also take take 2 weeks to be cleared. Does it happen with any one else?
I was told that you can not pay more than what has been posted to your account (balance due). If charges are still in the pre authorization stage, you can not pay them until the charge ultimately posts. This may get you closed down.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by TTT103
I was told that you can not pay more than what has been posted to your account (balance due). If charges are still in the pre authorization stage, you can not pay them until the charge ultimately posts. This may get you closed down.
All of my payments have been transfers from my checking account, and I never "prepay". I still think its code for "stop spending so much".

I did my first 1k purchase today instead of 500s, and no call or anything, so I think that will be the new plan.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by zeppoloveskafka
All of my payments have been transfers from my checking account, and I never "prepay". I still think its code for "stop spending so much".

I did my first 1k purchase today instead of 500s, and no call or anything, so I think that will be the new plan.
WF is very finicky to say the least.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 8:59 am

I just wrote a blog post about my fiasco with applying for a WF 5X card. If you'd like to read it, I can't post the link here, but the link to my blog, Will Run For Miles, should be in my signature.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 9:06 am

Are people now getting decent credit lines and approvals without having any other Wells Fargo relationships?
Old Jan 8, 2014, 9:16 am

they gave me 12K credit. My only relationship is a mutual fund with about 20 K in it. But, I'm not even sure that they are allowed to look at the "investment side."
Old Jan 9, 2014, 6:11 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UR, SPG,
I want to know if somebody was able to book a flight, hotel or vacation with the points form WF.???
Old Jan 10, 2014, 7:26 pm

pardon me if this has been covered.... (I'm the one who had the fiasco applying for the card). I just got my WF cash card in the mail and there is no mention in the materials of the 5X bonus for the drugstore, etc. purchases. Is that typical?
Old Jan 10, 2014, 8:39 pm

Programs: Bunch of mid-tiers
Originally Posted by katstarr
pardon me if this has been covered.... (I'm the one who had the fiasco applying for the card). I just got my WF cash card in the mail and there is no mention in the materials of the 5X bonus for the drugstore, etc. purchases. Is that typical?
I got my cash card a couple of weeks ago and the materials did not mention the 5x. I took a screen shot when I applied and seem to be getting the bonus.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 10:23 am

I just applied for the card & have received a pending review message. I called them in to know the status. The CSR only said its under processing & will take 5-7 business days. Does anyone know if this is a usual message?

EQ FICO is 720. 2 inquiries in the past one year. 0 in the last 6 months.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 11:30 am

Programs: Bunch of mid-tiers
Originally Posted by cowboyguy
I just applied for the card & have received a pending review message. I called them in to know the status. The CSR only said its under processing & will take 5-7 business days. Does anyone know if this is a usual message?

EQ FICO is 720. 2 inquiries in the past one year. 0 in the last 6 months.
This was my experience. I was approved in about 3 business days.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by ctbarron
This was my experience. I was approved in about 3 business days.
Same. I only saw I was approved when the card showed up in my account.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 7:32 pm

Anyone done with their 6 months yet and tried to apply for another card, whether the exact same or if you did cash, now rewards? If you can churn these, then look out...
Old Jan 13, 2014, 12:40 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UR, SPG,
what credit bureau does Wells fargo pull the hard inquiries?
Old Jan 13, 2014, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by Elmatador
what credit bureau does Wells fargo pull the hard inquiries?
Ex for me a few days ago. Approved with an absurdly low cl.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.