Last edit by: muji
Churnable to get repeated 5x rewards?

Not possible
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22871522-post710.html

Update April 16, 2016: Still Not Churnable
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...l#post26511091
__________________________________________________ _____________

How to pay down CL quickly?
ACH push from other banks to wells fargo checking and then use that to pay credit card

Likely to get shut down if...?
- Have a negative balance
- Have a really high balance
- Cycling several times through your CL
- Calling in and getting caught by human eyes for suspicious activities.

To check what your 5X/5% window is:
In the rewards account, go to My Rewards -> Account Activity and the days left on the promo will show up at the top....looks like a pie chart.

To check which transactions get 5X/5% before your statement posts
Now, to check if new transactions are eligible for 5X before statement closes, go to "My Rewards" on the top and click "Activity" and set the start/end dates. You should see a "bonus earning" for 4% extra cash back for anything that's eligible.

Caps on 5x / 5%??
There are no more caps.

What to do when transaction not going through due to FA?
Human @ fraud prevention line is 877-575-0462 (to verify charges if locked out) (Update 3-3-15 - Phone number no longer in service per this post)
Automated response number was 800-446-0664
Print Wikipost

Wells Fargo 5X rewards cap

Old Dec 4, 2013, 4:56 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, 1 MM
Went to the WF branch today to deposit a check and the banker tried to convince me to apply for the CC. He implied there was a version "by invitation only" that has a whole slew of benefits I had never heard of, such as "up to $200 credit per year for veterinary care, $250 for car mechanic, concierge service, 5% back on all purchases, no annual fee, and on and on". Has anybody heard of such a card, or was he smoking something?
Old Dec 5, 2013, 8:43 am

Has anyone got a rewards card AND a cash card? In either order? My 6 months is almost up and would like to churn if possible.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 10:48 am

Why is there not much talk about this card? Running 10k per month in MS (60k in 6 months) will generate $3k in cash back. Isn't this card an absolute no brainer? Am I missing something here?
Old Dec 13, 2013, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by cowboyguy
Why is there not much talk about this card? Running 10k per month in MS (60k in 6 months) will generate $3k in cash back. Isn't this card an absolute no brainer? Am I missing something here?
Why do you want more talk about it?
Old Dec 13, 2013, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by cowboyguy
1. Blogs don't get referral fees for it
2. Why only 10k? If you have a decent credit line, you can ramp up much more, although I wouldn't go over CL first statement but I'm sure some do and live to tell about it I only have an $8K but am up to $20K a month with 3 months left. Plenty of different games you can play with this one.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by newbynewbynew
1. Blogs don't get referral fees for it
LOL
Old Dec 13, 2013, 3:18 pm

Before applying for their CC, I want to open a checking account. I just called a branch and talked to their personal manager who said there's a $50 checking account bonus promotion going on that expires in a couple of days. I read on some of the websites that there's a $75 and even $100 bonus promo but they're YMMV. Do you think I should apply in the branch and get the $50 or would it be safe to applying for the higher checking bonus offers?
Old Dec 13, 2013, 5:06 pm

Programs: AA HH Gold SPG Gold BA
Be mindful of the possibility of IRS 1099 on checking account bonus offers,however remote
Old Dec 17, 2013, 8:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP Gold, TK *Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond
I just applied for a checking account and was pre-approved for the 5% cc. Should get it mid-late next week and really excited (minus the fraud dept calls) to go meet my lovelies at CVS again!

Will post back results
Old Dec 21, 2013, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by Duffman
I just applied for a checking account and was pre-approved for the 5% cc. Should get it mid-late next week and really excited (minus the fraud dept calls) to go meet my lovelies at CVS again!

Will post back results
Where did you see the pre-approval? Was this online or in branch?
Old Dec 22, 2013, 2:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP Gold, TK *Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Wells Fargo 5X rewards cap

At the local branch
Old Dec 23, 2013, 8:56 am

well my update is that I tried and tried again to get the 5% category applied to my account, but they declined. So I closed it.

Sucks. I now hate WF! congrats to all who did get it, you'll profit nicely off this one!
Old Dec 23, 2013, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by rgAAFT
All I can tell you is

call again and ask to speak to the rewards department General CSR may give you mis information. Any questions regarding rewards are handled by the rewards department only. When I first activated my card the frontline CSR did not see the bonus offer at first but then transferred me over to rewards where they did confirm the bonus

when everything goes smoothly, one line should read 1X base earning and another line below should read 5X bonus for drug stores ... Ask to speak to manager if need be and also would not hurt to mention the SM you received confirming the bonus.
Hope that helps
Does the 5x bonus line show up for each transaction after it posts or just on the statement? I got the card a month ago and they confirmed over the phone 5x for first 6 months but nothing shows up below my posted transactions that indicates a bonus.
Old Dec 23, 2013, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by rymetymeuk
well my update is that I tried and tried again to get the 5% category applied to my account, but they declined. So I closed it.

Sucks. I now hate WF! congrats to all who did get it, you'll profit nicely off this one!
What's the harm in applying again for 5x? Are you precluded from getting the offer somehow?
Old Dec 23, 2013, 10:53 am

no I don't think so, I had applied outside of my usual churn so I think I got unfavorable terms due to my recent account opening with other providers tbh.

right now I'll just give it a break from applying, if it's still available next year around July I may apply again. I don't want to take another hard inq. for nothing.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.