Last edit by: muji
Churnable to get repeated 5x rewards?

Not possible
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22871522-post710.html

Update April 16, 2016: Still Not Churnable
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...l#post26511091
__________________________________________________ _____________

How to pay down CL quickly?
ACH push from other banks to wells fargo checking and then use that to pay credit card

Likely to get shut down if...?
- Have a negative balance
- Have a really high balance
- Cycling several times through your CL
- Calling in and getting caught by human eyes for suspicious activities.

To check what your 5X/5% window is:
In the rewards account, go to My Rewards -> Account Activity and the days left on the promo will show up at the top....looks like a pie chart.

To check which transactions get 5X/5% before your statement posts
Now, to check if new transactions are eligible for 5X before statement closes, go to "My Rewards" on the top and click "Activity" and set the start/end dates. You should see a "bonus earning" for 4% extra cash back for anything that's eligible.

Caps on 5x / 5%??
There are no more caps.

What to do when transaction not going through due to FA?
Human @ fraud prevention line is 877-575-0462 (to verify charges if locked out) (Update 3-3-15 - Phone number no longer in service per this post)
Automated response number was 800-446-0664
Print Wikipost

Wells Fargo 5X rewards cap

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2016, 9:29 am

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!
Originally Posted by PeaceandPost
So my rewards were supposed to post today 2/7 and I just checked the rewards account and now the pending expected redeemable date has been moved to 3/10 for all the pending rewards. Has anyone had this happen to them before?
Yes...it's ok..they will appear
Old Feb 7, 2016, 9:45 am
formerly mattrendell27

Originally Posted by mrx900
Yes...it's ok..they will appear
So you've had them be delayed by a month and they posted with no issues on the next statement?

Not trying to be paranoid, just wanted to hear if someone had the same experience and all was well.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 10:20 am

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!
Originally Posted by PeaceandPost
So you've had them be delayed by a month and they posted with no issues on the next statement?

Not trying to be paranoid, just wanted to hear if someone had the same experience and all was well.
No, delay...they show up in a few hours, or the next day. ..it's a fluke in their system. You'll get ur points soon. Patience grasshopper hehe
Old Feb 7, 2016, 11:30 am
formerly mattrendell27

Originally Posted by mrx900
No, delay...they show up in a few hours, or the next day. ..it's a fluke in their system. You'll get ur points soon. Patience grasshopper hehe
You were so right. Rewards just posted half an hour ago. Thanks for the peace of mind for a couple hours haha.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 9:15 am

Programs: All of Them
I lived overseas for the last three years so I've been licking my chops at this opportunity for a while; moved back stateside last month and set up everything for a smooth operation with WF. Applied two weeks ago with instant approval, received card a week ago and wanted to add some data points here:

Opened Wells Fargo checking in January with wife as joint owner, direct deposited a few times from Bluebird before I lost that a few weeks ago. Applied 3/9 with $8k credit line instant approval, card received in mail 3/14.

First week I made several $500-$2k purchases, all approved no FA.
Paid bill from WF Checking and credit available instantly increased with payment pending for 1 day.
Go Far Rewards website shows no activity on my account for transactions that have posted, maybe WIKI should be updated or, with the new site taking affect this last weekend nothing will show until statement closes; or I just need to wait a few more days.

Unreal this gravy train is still rolling and WF has not rolled back from the uncapped portion. I know several friends who have taken them to town for high 5 and low 6 figures. I know some of you have probably done more. Anyone see significant changes with the supposedly new rewards system that went in to affect 3/19?
Old Mar 21, 2016, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by Richklhs
nothing will show until statement closes;
i believe this is it.
i only received one rewards so far and it was during statement closed.
i can see the pending rewards in "activity" but they are not redeemable.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 11:02 am

"Enjoy 5X rewards points on gas, groceries, and drugstore net purchases for 6 months"

how much profit can one really make in 6 months? Like are you guys literally banging this card to hell?
Old Mar 21, 2016, 12:47 pm

So my 6 months is up. It was a good run, what do you guys do afterwards? Any new updates on trying to close and reopen?
Old Mar 24, 2016, 10:51 am

I got a non-instant approval with a $2k credit line. Are there any datapoints on how many times you can pay down your balance before drawing suspicion? I'm assuming I can buy 3 VGCs at CVS and get that money into my account the next day. That would mean spending $22k/month on a $2k credit line, will this get me shut down?
Old Mar 24, 2016, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by LRobs
I got a non-instant approval with a $2k credit line. Are there any datapoints on how many times you can pay down your balance before drawing suspicion? I'm assuming I can buy 3 VGCs at CVS and get that money into my account the next day. That would mean spending $22k/month on a $2k credit line, will this get me shut down?
At this point, what do you have lose by trying? I probably would cycle it 11 times, try 4 or 5 and see what that gets you. Why they have Visa Signature cards with a $2k credit limit is beyond me.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by LRobs
I started with $3k but obtained a new limit of $8k. I have been doing 7-8x CL and paying the charges off every day except the weekend. As long as the charges are posted, I will hit the button for payment. There were weeks that I paid everyday, and there were weeks that I walked into different WF branch and paid with WU MO for instant credit availability release. But I have never paid when the charges have NOT posted.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by lancaster
I started with $3k but obtained a new limit of $8k. I have been doing 7-8x CL and paying the charges off every day except the weekend. As long as the charges are posted, I will hit the button for payment. There were weeks that I paid everyday, and there were weeks that I walked into different WF branch and paid with WU MO for instant credit availability release. But I have never paid when the charges have NOT posted.
really can't believe this gravy train is still rolling to that degree.
Old Apr 8, 2016, 10:13 pm

wish to confirm with folks here that the rewards card & the signature card both have this "Earn 5x points on gas, grocery, and drugstore net purchases for 6 months", and the rewards card also has the 0% apr purchase for 15 months. Correct? TIA
Old Apr 11, 2016, 12:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
Originally Posted by Wakinguptooearly
So my 6 months is up. It was a good run, what do you guys do afterwards? Any new updates on trying to close and reopen?
I tried applying recently for the 5% and my new card didn't get the bonus. Old card was closed. Bummer, wasted a credit hit.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by pWei
I tried applying recently for the 5% and my new card didn't get the bonus. Old card was closed. Bummer, wasted a credit hit.
Details on the timing will be very helpful if you're willing to share.
How long was the old card closed? Long enough for record of it to disappear from your WF online account? Also, was it the exact same card or another version of the 5X card (cash vs points for example).
Thanks in advance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.