Last edit by: muji
Churnable to get repeated 5x rewards?

Not possible
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22871522-post710.html

Update April 16, 2016: Still Not Churnable
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...l#post26511091
__________________________________________________ _____________

How to pay down CL quickly?
ACH push from other banks to wells fargo checking and then use that to pay credit card

Likely to get shut down if...?
- Have a negative balance
- Have a really high balance
- Cycling several times through your CL
- Calling in and getting caught by human eyes for suspicious activities.

To check what your 5X/5% window is:
In the rewards account, go to My Rewards -> Account Activity and the days left on the promo will show up at the top....looks like a pie chart.

To check which transactions get 5X/5% before your statement posts
Now, to check if new transactions are eligible for 5X before statement closes, go to "My Rewards" on the top and click "Activity" and set the start/end dates. You should see a "bonus earning" for 4% extra cash back for anything that's eligible.

Caps on 5x / 5%??
There are no more caps.

What to do when transaction not going through due to FA?
Human @ fraud prevention line is 877-575-0462 (to verify charges if locked out) (Update 3-3-15 - Phone number no longer in service per this post)
Automated response number was 800-446-0664
Print Wikipost

Wells Fargo 5X rewards cap

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2015, 5:49 am

Originally Posted by travelfreaks
I have quit a few checking accts, but they all make my MO deposits available immediately for withdrawl/payments/etc.
Immediately or next day? All my good guy banks are next day. The stupid credit unions that I opened up on the widespread advice of the forums take 2-3 business days.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 11:42 am
formerly mattrendell27

Originally Posted by mittenfingerz
Immediately or next day? All my good guy banks are next day. The stupid credit unions that I opened up on the widespread advice of the forums take 2-3 business days.
Mind sharing the names of those good guy banks?

I followed this advice too and opened some smaller bank accounts and they have been nothing but hassle (holding deposits for over a week, not being able to identity drawee bank in regards to MO's, etc.)

Thanks.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by PeaceandPost
Mind sharing the names of those good guy banks?

I followed this advice too and opened some smaller bank accounts and they have been nothing but hassle (holding deposits for over a week, not being able to identity drawee bank in regards to MO's, etc.)

Thanks.
TD Bank is next day for me, my local CU is same day. Don't have any other national banks to deposit at in person.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by mittenfingerz
I have a mix of cu's and banks. All are immediately available except 1 that clears at midnight same day of deposit. Do you have a decent balance in your accounts? I keep 5 figures in each acct, which may have something to do with it...not sure though.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 12:16 pm

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!
Originally Posted by CWAL
TD Bank is next day for me, my local CU is same day. Don't have any other national banks to deposit at in person.
If you have a long term account with BofA, they too will make it same day.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by travelfreaks
I have a mix of cu's and banks. All are immediately available except 1 that clears at midnight same day of deposit. Do you have a decent balance in your accounts? I keep 5 figures in each acct, which may have something to do with it...not sure though.
I have 6 bank accounts and have a hard time keeping a 4 figures balance in each. I guess that's why I'm only able to do 50k per month spend on this card.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by stuntgoats
I have 6 bank accounts and have a hard time keeping a 4 figures balance in each. I guess that's why I'm only able to do 50k per month spend on this card.
possibly the issue. We have 9 accts between wife and I but keep decent balance in each.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 2:52 am

Missing Rewards?

My rewards just hit about 4 hours ago. I am missing roughly 75,000 rewards. I was just wondering if this has happened to anyone else. Do I wait a few more days? Do I dare call and ask about the rewards? Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 11:33 am

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!
Originally Posted by ajhardee
My rewards just hit about 4 hours ago. I am missing roughly 75,000 rewards. I was just wondering if this has happened to anyone else. Do I wait a few more days? Do I dare call and ask about the rewards? Any advice is greatly appreciated.
There was a minor fluke a while back like what you are xperiencing, but cleared up in a day ...just check it later. ALso, make sure your spending is categorized in the appropriate category. Some Wal-Marts around my area dont count as grocery.
Old Dec 25, 2015, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by mrx900
There was a minor fluke a while back like what you are xperiencing, but cleared up in a day ...just check it later. ALso, make sure your spending is categorized in the appropriate category. Some Wal-Marts around my area dont count as grocery.
Thank you for the reply. I double checked my 5% purchases, they all got it. I just checked my account this morning, but still missing roughly 75,000 points. I'm going to wait till after the holidays and see if they post.
Old Dec 27, 2015, 9:50 am

Programs: MS Plat, AOR ninja
Wells Fargo 5X rewards cap

good card

Last edited by carsonheim; Dec 27, 2015 at 2:05 pm
Old Dec 28, 2015, 11:11 am

In nearby drug stores, WG and RA, I saw Netspend, one vanilla, my vanilla, green dot VGCs. Many have mentioned vanilla's can't be used in WM to either load to serve or get MO. ( sometimes it works but there is cap of 49.99 per transaction), Can you use netspend and green dots in WM?
Old Dec 31, 2015, 12:45 am
CDO
Suspended

Is this card churnable? I had it and the 6 months are up so am thinking of cancelling and getting a new one but I read you may not be eligible for the bonus anymore.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 2:44 am

Originally Posted by CDO
Is this card churnable? I had it and the 6 months are up so am thinking of cancelling and getting a new one but I read you may not be eligible for the bonus anymore.
Read WIKI.......No success of being churnable yet.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 10:12 pm

Originally Posted by ajhardee
Read WIKI.......No success of being churnable yet.
Actually I found one data point that someone was able to churn it. I also updated the wiki.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.