FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Credit Card Programs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs-599/)
-   -   Wells Fargo 5X rewards cap (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs/1495478-wells-fargo-5x-rewards-cap.html)

travelfreaks Aug 5, 2015 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by mattrendell27 (Post 25220923)
Hey everyone. I am hoping to attempt round two of this card for my wife. I had my first attempt in May and things didn't work out so well and my CC and checking account were both shut down within a month and a half. But I think I could make a better go of it this time around.

My question: Is there any risk of adding myself as an AU if my wife is approved for this card? Will WF track it and notice that someone who they just shut down is an AU on someone else's card? Anyone have experience with this?

TIA.

Just use her card...I put xxxxxx$ on her cards every month and never issues and I'm not an AU

PeaceandPost Aug 5, 2015 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by travelfreaks (Post 25226706)
You failed rule #1....never poop where u eat or expect ecoli.

Yes I have realized this, and in fact you also made this point when I originally posted about this a month ago. Getting old.

MilesJunkyardDawg Aug 5, 2015 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by mattrendell27 (Post 25226751)
Yes I have realized this, and in fact you also made this point when I originally posted about this a month ago. Getting old.

LOL! Apparently that's the only thing he can say! :rolleyes:

PeaceandPost Aug 5, 2015 11:52 pm

Originally Posted by MilesJunkyardDawg (Post 25228311)
LOL! Apparently that's the only thing he can say! :rolleyes:

Weird since you called out this guy for BS about getting ecoli back on June 16 when I originally posted about this. Pretty hypocritical.

ajhardee Aug 6, 2015 1:53 am

Originally Posted by mattrendell27 (Post 25226582)
Well I was depositing a lot of MO's with WF tellers and one time the MO read incorrectly as 99.13 instead of 999.13 so I went back through the drive-thru window and they said that someone in the "bank's back office" would have to correct the mistake. So about a week later they manually credited my account for the missing 900 but then like 3 days after that my checking was closed. And about 2 weeks after that my CC was closed. It's too bad cuz everything was going great until the misread MO happened.

It doesn't seem the amount of spending I did was what lead to cancellation. But for the record I had a 5k CL (platinum card) and was spending about 10-12k/week.

At the time depositing MO's directly at WF was what I had gathered from this thread to be the easiest and best practice to cycle the CL on this card most effectively. I now realize it's better to deposit MO's to a different checking account first and then push money to WF checking.

I for one, want to thank you for taking the time to explain your unfortunate experience. It's data points like yours that will help all of us in the future to keep churning. :D^

MilesJunkyardDawg Aug 6, 2015 3:02 pm

Because IT IS BS he's spouting.

The key is mixing in the deposits, not just one way or the other.

diseased Aug 7, 2015 6:59 am

Originally Posted by mattrendell27 (Post 25226582)
Well I was depositing a lot of MO's with WF tellers and one time the MO read incorrectly as 99.13 instead of 999.13 so I went back through the drive-thru window and they said that someone in the "bank's back office" would have to correct the mistake. So about a week later they manually credited my account for the missing 900 but then like 3 days after that my checking was closed. And about 2 weeks after that my CC was closed. It's too bad cuz everything was going great until the misread MO happened.

It doesn't seem the amount of spending I did was what lead to cancellation. But for the record I had a 5k CL (platinum card) and was spending about 10-12k/week.

At the time depositing MO's directly at WF was what I had gathered from this thread to be the easiest and best practice to cycle the CL on this card most effectively. I now realize it's better to deposit MO's to a different checking account first and then push money to WF checking.

Sorry. Some people advised against even paying the card from a non-WF account though, so Idk. I have a redcard linked to a joint wf account and a serve in dh's name linked to another, so I load and transfer the funds to one of those. I hope the Serve deposits don't cause our accounts to be closed.

PeaceandPost Aug 7, 2015 10:20 am

Originally Posted by ajhardee (Post 25228829)
I for one, want to thank you for taking the time to explain your unfortunate experience. It's data points like yours that will help all of us in the future to keep churning. :D^

you're welcome. here's to hoping for better luck next time.

cbender49 Aug 12, 2015 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by michael160 (Post 25186083)
Add them as a joint owner on the checking acct. That will allow them to have their own user name login and set up a separate profile.

We were able to stop into a branch out of state and add my SO to the account as a joint owner, but I'm now having trouble finding how to set up a separate profile and user/pass for the account. Google hasn't been much help.

All the Q&A online shows is how to add 'guest' access which I don't think will allow them the relationship to open the 5x card down the road.

Any insight is appreciated.

coolguy100 Aug 30, 2015 1:31 pm

I am setting up online transfer from an external account inside wells fargo online account (ACH Pull) does anyone know how soon the fund will be available after I initiate the ACH pull in wells fargo online account. thanks!

coolguy100 Aug 30, 2015 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by cbender49 (Post 25260873)
We were able to stop into a branch out of state and add my SO to the account as a joint owner, but I'm now having trouble finding how to set up a separate profile and user/pass for the account. Google hasn't been much help.

All the Q&A online shows is how to add 'guest' access which I don't think will allow them the relationship to open the 5x card down the road.

Any insight is appreciated.

you spouse just needs to set up him/herself with the account number/ ID etc.
you can't add guest access in your account.

travelfreaks Aug 31, 2015 12:19 am

Originally Posted by mattrendell27 (Post 25226751)

been in Thailand for past 3.5 weeks, so not on here to reply. However, you will see soon enough when you get the taps and realize you actually have ecoli:D

ibleed0range Aug 31, 2015 10:09 am

Originally Posted by coolguy100 (Post 25351657)
I am setting up online transfer from an external account inside wells fargo online account (ACH Pull) does anyone know how soon the fund will be available after I initiate the ACH pull in wells fargo online account. thanks!

It normally tells you when you do it. If not it is the standard 3 biz days at worst

doubleheader Sep 1, 2015 1:39 am

I recently received my visa signature card and verified on the my offers tab that the card was eligible for 5x grocery etc., but I'm concerned because my first charge just posted and it doesn't show any points/rewards or anything that has been discussed earlier in this forum. Do I have reason to worry?

yoyo Sep 1, 2015 8:12 am

Originally Posted by doubleheader (Post 25359595)
I recently received my visa signature card and verified on the my offers tab that the card was eligible for 5x grocery etc., but I'm concerned because my first charge just posted and it doesn't show any points/rewards or anything that has been discussed earlier in this forum. Do I have reason to worry?

If you have read the wiki and followed the instructions and still don't see your rewards, then yeah you have every reason to worry.