Last edit by: muji
Churnable to get repeated 5x rewards?

Not possible
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22871522-post710.html

Update April 16, 2016: Still Not Churnable
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...l#post26511091
__________________________________________________ _____________

How to pay down CL quickly?
ACH push from other banks to wells fargo checking and then use that to pay credit card

Likely to get shut down if...?
- Have a negative balance
- Have a really high balance
- Cycling several times through your CL
- Calling in and getting caught by human eyes for suspicious activities.

To check what your 5X/5% window is:
In the rewards account, go to My Rewards -> Account Activity and the days left on the promo will show up at the top....looks like a pie chart.

To check which transactions get 5X/5% before your statement posts
Now, to check if new transactions are eligible for 5X before statement closes, go to "My Rewards" on the top and click "Activity" and set the start/end dates. You should see a "bonus earning" for 4% extra cash back for anything that's eligible.

Caps on 5x / 5%??
There are no more caps.

What to do when transaction not going through due to FA?
Human @ fraud prevention line is 877-575-0462 (to verify charges if locked out) (Update 3-3-15 - Phone number no longer in service per this post)
Automated response number was 800-446-0664
Print Wikipost

Wells Fargo 5X rewards cap

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2013, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by rymetymeuk
No idea, I don't really want to call them and them see I'm spending almost exclusively at CVS
My points posted a day after the statement closed. redeemed it immediately for a personal check. I started with a CL of $2k last month. Reached the limit immediately. Called and complained about CL during fraud alert call. It was raised to $8k. Spent 10k in last month. Plan to do the same this month. I spend, load to BB and pay the bills through BB.

I live McKinney, I shop at Custer and Ridgeview and Preston and Rolater. Always full of VRs and also at Custer and Main St.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 2:15 pm

Programs: AA HH Gold SPG Gold BA
Originally Posted by RJ5929
My points posted a day after the statement closed. redeemed it immediately for a personal check. I started with a CL of $2k last month. Reached the limit immediately. Called and complained about CL during fraud alert call. It was raised to $8k. Spent 10k in last month. Plan to do the same this month. I spend, load to BB and pay the bills through BB.

I live McKinney, I shop at Custer and Ridgeview and Preston and Rolater. Always full of VRs and also at Custer and Main St.
Cool will keep in mind as backup stores in case mine runs low . Nice to know that I'm not the only points junkie in this area that does this stuff :-:^
Old Dec 2, 2013, 2:16 pm

Programs: WN CP, WN A-List Preferred, AS MVPG 75k, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by rgAAFT
Call them and. complain
All this assuming that you have good credit
I have called and complained before. It's got me nowhere. Credit isn't an issue, it's around 790. My available credit with other banks is over $150k. I've resigned myself to realizing WF is a bank that does everything backwards.

A few years back when I was planning on starting graduate school they wouldn't even take the step to pull my credit or verify income before I found them someone willing to co-sign my loan. I ended up telling them that's garbage, I should be able to sign all by my lonesome for a graduate loan in my late twenties with the income I had.

I went in a few weeks ago to see what my options were if I rolled over a work 401k worth over 200k to WF (I was interested in the hundred free trades, which I later found out was discontinued). It took me two weeks of calling a branch manager to finally get an investment advisor to call me.

WF just does everything backwards.

A second question is, why the heck are you using Wells Fargo for daily expenses,or are you?
I'm not using it as my primary card, I never would. However, since it was the first card I ever had, I'd like a larger credit limit on the card to provide additional weight to my credit score since I'm obviously never planning on canceling.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 2:22 pm

Now the question is is it possible to get a visa signature card from them without reapplying? I have visa platinum still but my CL has been increased?
Old Dec 2, 2013, 3:12 pm

Cool will keep in mind as backup stores in case mine runs low . Nice to know that I'm not the only points junkie in this area that does this stuff :-:^
That's funny, I also go to Custer and Main haha Small world.

yeah, there's a few of us doing it in the area!

So far I've only got $1.24 showing in my rewards balance, it was only a 10 day period of using the card though before the statement hit. I do have it setup to auto redeem via check, maybe I should go change that.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 3:17 pm

Ok I seem to have an issue with the 5% cashback on my card. here's a copy paste of my purchases, do the bonus cashback rewards post at the same time as the regular cashback for the transaction?

Base Earning 1975 11/22/2013 CVSPHARMACY #7751 Q03 - FRISCO - TX $506.24 $5.06 Available
Base Earning 1975 11/18/2013 CVSPHARMACY #7751 Q03 - FRISCO - TX $505.24 $5.05 Available

I'd have thought they would all show up at the same time?!!!
Old Dec 2, 2013, 3:33 pm

ffs, I called them and they said I am getting 1.35% but not the 5%!

I used the link and got the visa sig version, and I apparently did not get given the bonus categories applied to my account.

I have sent them a secure message asking for clarification but I doubt they'll give it to me. WF sucks, this card can be considered closed!
Old Dec 2, 2013, 3:45 pm

ffs, I called them and they said I am getting 1.35% but not the 5%!

I used the link and got the visa sig version, and I apparently did not get given the bonus categories applied to my account.

I have sent them a secure message asking for clarification but I doubt they'll give it to me. WF sucks, this card can be considered closed!

Always Always always double check bonus offers

I remember calling the rewards department at least 3 times before I started using the card
Old Dec 2, 2013, 4:03 pm

Me too. I confirm the bonus offer when I activate the card. Couple of days after the transaction, bonus points show in separate line. Transactions in 2nd stmnt do not show the balance yet. Little worried about it, but it's only been two days from the transaction which were made over the weekend.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 4:41 pm

I got bonus in full, even I have not paid the first statement yet, bonus had been deposited to my WF checking account
Old Dec 2, 2013, 5:20 pm

You're absolutely right, I usually confirm the bonus but on this one occasion I didn't. I sent them a message and they replied that I do have the bonus on my account, which contradicts what the phone agents told me.
So right now I dont know what to believe.

Do I have any way to get them to apply it if the email agent confirmed I have it and I used the link and was approved for the card that I applied for?
Old Dec 2, 2013, 6:18 pm

You're absolutely right, I usually confirm the bonus but on this one occasion I didn't. I sent them a message and they replied that I do have the bonus on my account, which contradicts what the phone agents told me.
So right now I dont know what to believe.

Do I have any way to get them to apply it if the email agent confirmed I have it and I used the link and was approved for the card that I applied for?

All I can tell you is

call again and ask to speak to the rewards department General CSR may give you mis information. Any questions regarding rewards are handled by the rewards department only. When I first activated my card the frontline CSR did not see the bonus offer at first but then transferred me over to rewards where they did confirm the bonus

when everything goes smoothly, one line should read 1X base earning and another line below should read 5X bonus for drug stores ... Ask to speak to manager if need be and also would not hurt to mention the SM you received confirming the bonus.
Hope that helps
Old Dec 2, 2013, 6:29 pm

Thanks for the reply. I did speak to the rewards department earlier and it was them that confirmed I didn't have the 5x applied to my account.

I'll call them back and see what they can do, which I suspect is absolutely nothing :-P

I'm really quite annoyed by this!
Old Dec 3, 2013, 9:22 am

Well after going back and forth with them last night, there appears to be no way for me to get the bonus.
My main source of contention is this:

1). I applied through the 5% link and my card was approved
2). My card was "upgraded" to a Visa Sig card, which would imply to me that I was actually being given a superior product due to good credit
3). No where on their site does it say that if you don't qualify for this offer, you will be given a card on different terms

At the end of the day I realize I should have confirmed the offer, which is entirely my fault, i'm just annoyed at the lack of transparency I guess.

I have a friend who's a branch manager, so I'm going to see if he can do anything. If not, goodbye WF.

Disclosure: I am usually not a whiner!
Old Dec 3, 2013, 9:59 am

Well after going back and forth with them last night, there appears to be no way for me to get the bonus.
My main source of contention is this:

1). I applied through the 5% link and my card was approved
2). My card was "upgraded" to a Visa Sig card, which would imply to me that I was actually being given a superior product due to good credit
3). No where on their site does it say that if you don't qualify for this offer, you will be given a card on different terms

At the end of the day I realize I should have confirmed the offer, which is entirely my fault, i'm just annoyed at the lack of transparency I guess.

I have a friend who's a branch manager, so I'm going to see if he can do anything. If not, goodbye WF.

Disclosure: I am usually not a whiner!
That sucks
But it's ok happeneds to the best of us
I would be sad too if I was in your shoes
If it makes you feel any better, They didn't give a damm either when my card kept declineing at CVS prior to an "official CL increese" let us know what your outcome is

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.