Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best CC for Disney Vacation

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2014, 5:30 pm

There are a couple of Wal-Mart Supercenter stores in Kissimmee that have discount ticket kiosks. Last year, I bought discount park tickets here for my family (they offer Disney tickets with all add-ons, Universal, Sea World, etc).

I wasn't in the rewards game at the time, but reading this thread made me go back to my CC site and look... sure enough, this was coded as "grocery"! Oh, had I only known then what I know now... 5-6% opportunity depending on what card you use, and the ticket discounts were 5%+ depending on the attraction.

Naturally, you couldn't redeem travel rewards (Arrival+, for example) for the tickets as you could if you purchased them through Disney or through a travel agency, but if you do not have a way to redeem rewards for tickets, you could net some nice points buying at Walmart with a (not AMEX) card with a grocery bonus.

The store I used was #5420.

Last edited by bigugly; Jul 22, 2014 at 5:38 pm
Old Nov 25, 2022, 7:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Off topic, but does anyone know what credit cards category Legoland tickets post as?
Old Nov 25, 2022, 7:45 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by frudd38
Off topic, but does anyone know what credit cards category Legoland tickets post as?
Some information here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31038801-post4232.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.