Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Applying for and cancelling BOA Alaska Air card before annual fee hits. Consequences?

Applying for and cancelling BOA Alaska Air card before annual fee hits. Consequences?

Old Jul 16, 2013, 6:37 pm
Original Poster

I applied for the Bank of America Signature card a week ago and ended up getting approved for the 10,000 mile Platinum Plus offer instead. My miles posted instantly, so I went ahead and made a booking with the miles on AS.

The card has a $50 annual fee which is NOT waived the first year, but after contacting BOA they told me the fee would post in August. My question is this: If I cancel the card now to avoid paying the fee, what would happen? I already spent the miles, so they couldn't take them back. Am I missing something here?
Old Jul 17, 2013, 8:28 am

that might be a good way to end any future relationship with BOA. and, if you read the fine print that came with your card, you might also find yourself on the hook for some dollar-assessed cost of those miles you already spent...so while they might not claw them back, they might bill you. i'm speculating--you have the actual contract. read it

i'd say call and ..... about the bait-and-switch on the card and how you're strongly thinking about canceling because of that. maybe you can net yourself something worthwhile retention-wise.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.