Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays (USA) Lufthansa MasterCard - Revived - 50K after $5K spend

Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
50,000-mile offer

Earn 20,000 miles after your first purchase and payment of the annual fee,
then an additional 30,000 award miles after you make $5,000 in purchases w/in first 90 days.
  • $89 annual fee, not waived
  • no foreign transaction fees
  • annual companion ticket
  • 2 Lufthansa Business Lounge vouchers annually
https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...7&cellNumber=5

60,000-mile offer:
Same as the above 50K offer, except
an additional 40,000 award miles after you make $5,000 in purchases w/in first 90 days. To see this obscure obscure offers details, scroll down to Welcome Bonus in the T&C.
Print Wikipost

Barclays (USA) Lufthansa MasterCard - Revived - 50K after $5K spend

Old Jul 30, 2018, 12:27 am

Originally Posted by ninim2200
Its seems there has been a shift lately in Barclays approval policy, we used to get approved once every 6 months, we rotated between Aviator and Lufthansa, today another denial for a new Lufthansa app after 6 month from aviator, i don't believe Lufthansa has a 24 month restriction and the denial was not immediate, the initial screen shows "app received", moments later when i checked the status it showed it was denied, this leads me to believe the time between apps has shifted lately and i am not sure what the magic number is anymore.
Have you always been consistently approved for subsequent LH card, +6 months after applying for the previous one, as opposed to +6 months after closing the previous one?

I took the conservative approach and did it +6 months after closing the previous one, but was thinking of speeding up the next time around but maybe not...
Old Jul 30, 2018, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by gnomey
Have you always been consistently approved for subsequent LH card, +6 months after applying for the previous one, as opposed to +6 months after closing the previous one?

I took the conservative approach and did it +6 months after closing the previous one, but was thinking of speeding up the next time around but maybe not...
I was always approved 5+ months after my previous card, i was recently denied on the 5 month mark and then my wife got denied on the 6 month mark from the previous app this past weekend.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 4:50 pm

I was always approved 5+ months after my previous card, i was recently denied on the 5 month mark and then my wife got denied on the 6 month mark from the previous app this past weekend.
Does the old closed card still show up on your profile? My experience is it needs to disappear (6 months after last transaction, which may be refund of AF 3 months after account closure if not explicitly requested at time of closure). If its still there the system thinks you have the product and won;t allow two of the same. Calling in recon usually doesn't help as human sees a gazillion new accounts on CR which yields a firm NYET!
Old Jul 30, 2018, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by wyogold
Does the old closed card still show up on your profile? My experience is it needs to disappear ..If its still there the system thinks you have the product and won;t allow two of the same.
Over the past few years, more than once I've had a closed Barclays Hawaiian Airlines card showing up together with a newly-approved Barclays Hawaiian Airlines card.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 7:48 am

Does the old closed card still show up on your profile? My experience is it needs to disappear (6 months after last transaction, which may be refund of AF 3 months after account closure if not explicitly requested at time of closure). If its still there the system thinks you have the product and won;t allow two of the same. Calling in recon usually doesn't help as human sees a gazillion new accounts on CR which yields a firm NYET!
The old card does show in the account but it was never a problem before since we were approved many times with the old cards still showing in the account.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 8:09 am

The old card does show in the account but it was never a problem before since we were approved many times with the old cards still showing in the account.
This seems to have been a problem with me though. Auto approval doesn't care about lol/24, bit humans do. Did you have to call in if you applied for a card already showing in your account, out did you get auto approved?
Old Aug 1, 2018, 8:44 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Its seems there has been a shift lately in Barclays approval policy, we used to get approved once every 6 months, we rotated between Aviator and Lufthansa, today another denial for a new Lufthansa app after 6 month from aviator, i don't believe Lufthansa has a 24 month restriction and the denial was not immediate, the initial screen shows "app received", moments later when i checked the status it showed it was denied, this leads me to believe the time between apps has shifted lately and i am not sure what the magic number is anymore.
Did you try a recon call?
Old Aug 1, 2018, 7:03 pm
Original Member

I posted a 60K offer in the wiki.
muji likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 10:33 am

This seems to have been a problem with me though. Auto approval doesn't care about lol/24, bit humans do. Did you have to call in if you applied for a card already showing in your account, out did you get auto approved?
never had to call before.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by StartinSanDiego
Did you try a recon call?
we didn't get the letter yet, i am not sure if we'll call or not yet since barclays is a pain to deal with.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 10:38 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Really? Had pending called after two days ... a few easy questions and approved with 20k line. According to what I sometimes read I expected the worst but easy peasy
Old Aug 7, 2018, 6:42 am

Anyone knows how to get a hold of Barclays CEO? Need to close this card. Got approved, their system had a glitch, now asks for all sorts of prooving documents that even do not have. A rep says they can't even close the card w/out those documents. Thinking about contacting the CEO unless there are other options. Need his e-mail address.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 9:12 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

we didn't get the letter yet, i am not sure if we'll call or not yet since barclays is a pain to deal with.

My denial letter came. I'm denied for "The number of bankcards opened in the past 24 months."
Old Aug 7, 2018, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by StartinSanDiego
My denial letter came. I'm denied for "The number of bankcards opened in the past 24 months."
Same here, we got the letter and the reason is the same as yours.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by pisistratus
Anyone knows how to get a hold of Barclays CEO? Need to close this card. Got approved, their system had a glitch, now asks for all sorts of prooving documents that even do not have. A rep says they can't even close the card w/out those documents. Thinking about contacting the CEO unless there are other options. Need his e-mail address.
Answering my own quesiton. Current CEO's email is [email protected].

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.