Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays (USA) Lufthansa MasterCard - Revived - 50K after $5K spend

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
50,000-mile offer

Earn 20,000 miles after your first purchase and payment of the annual fee,
then an additional 30,000 award miles after you make $5,000 in purchases w/in first 90 days.
  • $89 annual fee, not waived
  • no foreign transaction fees
  • annual companion ticket
  • 2 Lufthansa Business Lounge vouchers annually
https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...7&cellNumber=5

60,000-mile offer:
Same as the above 50K offer, except
an additional 40,000 award miles after you make $5,000 in purchases w/in first 90 days. To see this obscure obscure offers details, scroll down to Welcome Bonus in the T&C.
Print Wikipost

Barclays (USA) Lufthansa MasterCard - Revived - 50K after $5K spend

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2016, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by express3
Wow, instant approval!!! Haven't had an instant approval for a long long time!
DW canceled her last MM card over a year ago. I got my second card the last time the offer was open, but we waited too long to apply for her, and the offer disappeared.

We have been waiting what seems like forever for this offer to come back. In the meantime we've been putting regular spend on her Aviator card just to convince Barclays she is a "good customer".

She applied on Saturday and was instantly approved.
Old Mar 28, 2016, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by Lantean
i get pending from Barclays every time... then i log in to my account an hour later and bam, it's there.
Which account you are talking about? I also got pending
Old Mar 30, 2016, 10:03 pm

Programs: AA, HH, SPG, UA
Originally Posted by RobertHanson
BUT, I seriously doubt getting this card will extend the life of the miles you got with the last card. If you had kept it open, and used it at least once every single billing period, without missing a single one, the miles would last forever. But once you missed a single billing period, much less canceled the card, they were set on a 3 year expiration cycle from the date they were posted in the first place. Sorry to have to say that, but I'm pretty sure that's true.
Originally Posted by MVF Trekker
In theory, that's how it's supposed to work. In practice, it doesn't or at least it doesn't always.
Seriously???? The only reason I applied for a 2nd card was to keep the first set of points from expiring!
I actually called Miles and More prior to applying to get more information about how miles expire. The representative told me the only way to keep those miles expiring (the ones i got from card#1) was to A) open a cc and use it every month. B) something along the lines of booking a ticket using points and then cancelling it by paying a small fee-which would extend the life of the miles by a few months.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 12:45 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
A will work, provided you keep a certain activity level on the M&M credit card. B doesn't work, the redeposited miles expire at the end of the quarter.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 4:50 am

Programs: AA, HH, SPG, UA
Originally Posted by oliver2002
A will work, provided you keep a certain activity level on the M&M credit card. B doesn't work, the redeposited miles expire at the end of the quarter.
That's great. Atleast I'm on the right track! My goal is to get the 2nd bonus and then try to book a trip within the year prior to cancelling the card, lol. I've actually tried to book domestic flights on united before, but it never worked out with my choice of destination/schedule.
Thanks so much for the feedback!
Old Mar 31, 2016, 9:23 am

the only way to keep those miles (from) expiring (the ones i got from card#1) was to A) open a cc and use it every month.
To be totally precise, use it every billing period. Every statement that posts needs to show at least one charge. Missing that even once ends the process permanently, no matter what you do after that.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 9:28 am

Seriously???? The only reason I applied for a 2nd card was to keep the first set of points from expiring!
I actually called Miles and More prior to applying to get more information about how miles expire. The representative told me the only way to keep those miles expiring (the ones i got from card#1) was to A) open a cc and use it every month. B) something along the lines of booking a ticket using points and then cancelling it by paying a small fee-which would extend the life of the miles by a few months.
Re-read your post, and I doubt you correctly understood the CSR, or they didn't explain it correctly. The only way to keep miles from expiring is to use the card every billing period. I really doubt that getting another card will keep the miles from the first card from expiring. Using the new card every billing period will keep the miles from the NEW card from expiring, not the miles from the first card. I'd like your explanation to be correct, but I don't think it is...
Old Mar 31, 2016, 2:03 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
No, your entire balance with M&M stays alive.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 7:21 am

Programs: Bunch of mid-tiers
Wouldn't a simple $1 automated reload to your Amazon account work? I don't have the card agreement in front of me but didn't recall a minimum monthly purchase $ amount.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 8:21 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

I just got an offer to upgrade to a World Elite MasterCard.

The new benefits would include:
2 Lounge Passes
Annual Companion Ticket
Status miles at a 5/1 ratio (5000 regular miles = 1000 status miles)
15% off hotel and car awards
2x on ticket purchases
No foreign transaction fee
Chip technology
$89 a year
Old Apr 2, 2016, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by ctbarron
Wouldn't a simple $1 automated reload to your Amazon account work? I don't have the card agreement in front of me but didn't recall a minimum monthly purchase $ amount.
AFAIK YES
Old Apr 21, 2016, 8:43 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Originally Posted by oliver2002
No, your entire balance with M&M stays alive.
So your miles expire at at the end of the quarter after 36 months after accrual? Regardless of when you cancel your credit card as long as you cancel it before 36 months?
Old Apr 22, 2016, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by TOMFORD
So your miles expire at at the end of the quarter after 36 months after accrual? Regardless of when you cancel your credit card as long as you cancel it before 36 months?
AFAIK, yes...

But then, it's best to not hold onto miles and points for more than 3 years anyway, due to the high odds of either a devaluation, or an unfortunate change in award availability. Or both...
Old Apr 22, 2016, 9:16 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
What's the verdict on churning this card? Can you apply for this like we used to with US Air cards once every six months?
Old Apr 22, 2016, 11:38 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by TOMFORD
What's the verdict on churning this card?
Many here have had this card more than twice. You'll find a few reports if you search this thread for "churn".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.